Thread: Thank you

Thank you

I am sitting here in my hotel room and looking through posts on here and just needed to share my thoughts.

I am a late starter in crossdressing and have over the past 5 years bought plenty of lovely cloths that I feel amazing wearing and just love the experience and must say even though it may sound vain but love how I look in a dress stockings and heels, it is just a great part of my life, but I am in the closest and don't share this part of my life with anyone, I am straight and 64 years old, wish I had started this years ago, but never mind.

I find myself constantly on line, looking in shops and every nice lady that walks by looking for new cloths from nice undies to dress's, skirts and blouses and as I said just love this part of my life.

But what I am saying with this post is that this site has also become a great part of my life looking through posts and seeing like minded people enjoying the stories and loving the pictures, and I want to thank everyone on here for sharing the passion.

Thank you

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Enjoying the pink fog sounds like.
    We are glad you are here sharing your feelings.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Jeanette,

We are the same age and I've only found this part of myself within the last few months. I never imagined so many others are at this same place.
    You are so right in how it feels to see yourself in the mirror! Or just looking down at your own feet!

This IS a wonderful forum community to share our journeys.

Thank you for sharing.

Peace and joy to you.

Banned Read only
    Jeanette,
    It's good to read you comment , I'm sure for some the forum has been a lifesaver . Back in 2013 when I joined I was in a mess , I met people from all over the World and discussed issues common to all of us . I met Carole who introduced me to my first social group . I've been guided through my counselling and now I'm in a better place . OK my marriage came to an end but the fear of the World ending didn't happen . I have lost very little and gained so much , would it have happened without the forum ? I very much doubt it .

Just to relate the statistics , my TG issues kicked off at the age of 8-9 and I'm now 68 . I do question sometimes was I heading to be a grumpy old man or a happy TG ? I now know the answer .

hello all,
    may I echo Jeanette's post ...
    this forum is indeed a marvelous asset and I have learnt a lot about myself and crossdresssing here!
    thanks you all,
    luv J

Platinum Member
    Before finding this site there was absolutely no way I was able to express myself when it came to the desire or need to wear women's clothing. If it was not for this site and the Internet I would still think I was the only man in the universe blessed or cursed with this interest.

This site is quite awesome! It does answer many questions and brings other peoples thoughts and experiences to light. I also do appreciate the site. Thank you to those responsible for it's continuation.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Good morning, Jeannette. Many of us emerge surprisingly late in life....the seed was likely there even in early childhood, but we?ve all been taught to repress and deny our feminine attributes. Great joy arises from finally realizing and fulfilling long captive needs.

I can fully empathize with spending time on-line looking at clothes. This can become a bit compulsive....almost akin to hoarding. When it gets into that zone ...where you?re spending too much time, energy and money...or neglecting relationships, then its a good time to step back.
    When I first arrived here and explained how I had begun dressing out of the blue in my 50's, many told me I had repressed my feelings, too, Kim. Which was nonsense. Because the thot of wearing women's things had never even entered my head before then!

The folks here got me out of my closet where I had dressed in fear, confusion, guilt, and shame for 10 years. 12 years later I've met 100's of dressers of all types. Been to countless T events and T friendly venues, and introduced Sherry to folks around the world. And now, most of my social life and activities r geared around Sherry and my T friends. As u say, Kim. My house, cars, and physical property suffer from neglect. Because I spend too much time and energy on Sherry.

But, how much fun can a 76 year old man expect to have? I'm having way more than my share thanks to Sherry and my T friends!
    And, it's all because of the folks I've met at cd.com!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I stared late in life, there were hints.

I really started my journey the same time I found this site. It gave me some insight to the possibilities.

At the same time I started going out, making friends, reconnecting with old ones.

I'm out and will be 64 in January.

I have become and live as Jean. It may sound crazy, but everything is pretty normal for me. Although I am a lot more popular.

I would also like to say thank you

Yes you are not alone,

Love Jean

I'm a lot older than you, but appreciate sharing my passion to dress with all of my sisters on this website.

I'm a late bloomer as well. Several months ago at 56 the pink fog rolled in uncontrollably. It was either start dressing or go crazy. I am so happy to have found this place. The people here are amazing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

There is no doubt that we are all so very fortunate to have found this site. Where would we be without it, I know for myself it is wonderful to share experiences and make friends with like minded members.
    Like many of us I started very young but then suppressed it for too many years thinking I was the only one like this. I am so happy I was wrong!
    Crissy

I too would have to agree that this site is not only encouraging, but also empowering. I too am a late bloomer so to speak. I was happy with my pantie fetish that started when I was a preadolescent. Then one day, a couple of years ago, as I was wandering a local big box store, I found this beautiful dress. On a whim, I tried it on. It was as if the heavens had opened and I could hear the angelic masses singing the praises of my find as I gazed back at myself in the mirror. I have been hooked ever since. Finding this site and having a supportive wife, have helped me work through the guilt and shame that so many of us feel. So if I may interject my thanks to all of you wonderful ladies too!

Caylee

Being of the same age as some of those who elude to being late starters it did make me wonder if the delay in finding this side of oneself is a measure of just how constraining and environment we grew up in. My history goes back to my very early days as a child moving on through adolescence to being someone who often squeezed into my wife's cast offs for so many years.

This place gave me the drive to get my own things. Things that fitted properly and so through my mid age I'd found Helen much more fully. I understood who I am.

All that said I know I had to fight those societal pressures, pressures which both consciously and subconsciously held me back. It was as others have said finding this place, finding I wasn't alone or even just a rarity that gave me the drive to move forward. It's now one of the reasons I keep posting, I want others to also know they're not alone and also so much is possible and that huge rewards are there waiting to be discovered and explored.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks everyone for the reply's and thoughts greatly appreciated

Jeanette, I started crossdressing when I was 3 years old. But, not full until my 40s. I too wish I started fully dressing earlier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".