Thread: Looking Forward

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking Forward

To spending a full 7 days enfemme. Yep in about a month's time it'll be that time when I get to spend a week away from home in rented accommodation. Hence I can dress 24/7 spending my days out and about certainly doing a bit of retail therapy but also dining out, perhaps a visit to the cinema if there's a film I fancy. I'll get to use public transport and depending upon time, tide and weather take a walk along a lovely sandy beach. The village of Portmeirion is not that far away so again weather permitting I'd like to visit there. I also need to find a repairers to replace a zip on a skirt.

I mentioned retail therapy and in years past I did find myself simply wondering the racks really aimlessly looking just soaking up the experience of being out and about. Experience has taught me however to have something to look for, an aim, a goal so there's a few items that I'd like to add to my wardrobe. Silver grey and/or a pale coffee satin blouse. A pair of brown leather flat knee length boots I want to match with a brown country check knee length pencil skirt. Due to wearing size 9's(UK) I may need to do a click and collect on the boots.

Here's a trick for anyone who's just starting to get out and about. If I order the boots then I'll collect then from a store in a town I can get to by train. This means driving to the station, paying for parking, buying your ticket, traveling on the train, walking to the store if it's close enough or taking a taxi, going to the counter and dealing with the SA, add in a bit of rack browsing and perhaps a drink and a cake if the store has a cafe before retracing your steps home.

All that together might seem an impossible task to those in their public infancy but in truth it's just a lot of little things added together, each one achievable and at the end of it you'll have done something an average GG might do without thinking.

I've scheduled my time away to coincide with the week that two different support groups meet so it's certainly part of my planning to visit both. Having the chance to meet up with others from our wider community is just a joy. So if I may can I take this opportunity to further offer a chance for anyone who wants to meet up with both me and other's of our broader community the opportunity to do so. Details are to be found here.

So in the meantime it's back to choosing what to take and as importantly what to leave behind and not take things I just won't have the opportunity to wear. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 10-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed