Thread: Looking Forward

Looking Forward

To spending a full 7 days enfemme. Yep in about a month's time it'll be that time when I get to spend a week away from home in rented accommodation. Hence I can dress 24/7 spending my days out and about certainly doing a bit of retail therapy but also dining out, perhaps a visit to the cinema if there's a film I fancy. I'll get to use public transport and depending upon time, tide and weather take a walk along a lovely sandy beach. The village of Portmeirion is not that far away so again weather permitting I'd like to visit there. I also need to find a repairers to replace a zip on a skirt.

I mentioned retail therapy and in years past I did find myself simply wondering the racks really aimlessly looking just soaking up the experience of being out and about. Experience has taught me however to have something to look for, an aim, a goal so there's a few items that I'd like to add to my wardrobe. Silver grey and/or a pale coffee satin blouse. A pair of brown leather flat knee length boots I want to match with a brown country check knee length pencil skirt. Due to wearing size 9's(UK) I may need to do a click and collect on the boots.

Here's a trick for anyone who's just starting to get out and about. If I order the boots then I'll collect then from a store in a town I can get to by train. This means driving to the station, paying for parking, buying your ticket, traveling on the train, walking to the store if it's close enough or taking a taxi, going to the counter and dealing with the SA, add in a bit of rack browsing and perhaps a drink and a cake if the store has a cafe before retracing your steps home.

All that together might seem an impossible task to those in their public infancy but in truth it's just a lot of little things added together, each one achievable and at the end of it you'll have done something an average GG might do without thinking.

I've scheduled my time away to coincide with the week that two different support groups meet so it's certainly part of my planning to visit both. Having the chance to meet up with others from our wider community is just a joy. So if I may can I take this opportunity to further offer a chance for anyone who wants to meet up with both me and other's of our broader community the opportunity to do so. Details are to be found here.

So in the meantime it's back to choosing what to take and as importantly what to leave behind and not take things I just won't have the opportunity to wear. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 10-19-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would love to join you Helen, unfortunately Im to far away from you.

Well good luck indeed! It sounds like an exciting adventure. My overstuffed under utilized wardrobe would delight in that much exposure.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Enjoy your time as Helen , if I could wave my magic wand and make it longer for you I would .

I would love to join you, too. It sounds like an incredible adventure. Just the thought of being totally dressed as a woman for so many days makes my head to spin.

Helen, I'd give my eye tooth to be able to dress for a week. Enjoy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Helen enjoy your time in Portmerion

Just don't become a "Prisoner" there.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    I would love to join you, too. It sounds like an incredible adventure. Just the thought of being totally dressed as a woman for so many days makes my head to spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Helen, I'd give my eye tooth to be able to dress for a week. Enjoy.
    It is something to immerse yourself in but it's also tiring. Getting ready each morning, the shaving can take it's toll on your skin, time spent in front of the mirror doing makeup which might be twice in one day if I decide to go out to a restaurant in the evening so it's change from a lighter touch day finish to something more glam. Putting on padding, lacing into a corset, all take time. As for choosing that day's outfit(s). Then there's the end of day clear down. Deep cleaning each night and putting clothes away. For those who are full time I guess it becomes easier as time goes by by if like me it's a rarity then at the end of the week there's the want for it to last longer but also a desire for a day off and the easiness of being in drab.

Don't get me wrong. The positives far out weight the negatives. Getting out and about, interacting with Jo public, SA's etc is to be treasured. It's just that as there's the pressure to make the most of every minute it can be 7 days full on and you get to that point where you say, "And breath".

Have a great time Helen and that sounds like a great plan to make the most of it. I found a photo recently of the two of us meeting last year. I should post it in the photos section. I don't know why I didn't before. Maybe because I look like crap in it

Helen, wishing you a delightful time out and about! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Portmeirion Village looks beautiful. Enjoy your time away.

Helen, I love Portmeirion. I have looked at your well researched link and am thinking I might be able to blast across the pennines on 20th as it would be great to meet you.

Silver Member
    If you want to dress fully in femme for 6 to 7 day of the week, 24/7, consider going to Diva Las Vegas as I've done the last two years. I'm in SoCal, and I drove as a woman both ways and kept my presentation as a female thru check-in. I had the time of my life both times, dressed to blend or to the nines. And, in LV, no one cares if you are dressed femininely. Next year DLV will begin on (Sunday) March 29th and officially ends the next Thursday. It's a wonderful experience, and even some wives and partners attend.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your weeks of Helen sound like they r great fun for u!

However, as someone who dreads going dressed to vanilla venues and only shops in convenient shops in drab? I wouldn't own a tenth of the fem gear I have now if I shopped as u do. Sometimes I'm not sure if that wouldn't be a blessing!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry,

For me it's being in the vanilla world, interacting with folks that's the big attraction.

Some of the most memorable times have been when I've ended up on conversation with a muggle. True meeting other CD's is also wonderful and something to treasure but just doing that most normal of things chatting to someone however briefly makes you feel, well normal I suppose.

As others across the years have said, go out, be confident, be you and own your space. And you know what, they were right. I'm sure the confidence I now have works so much in my favor. Folks respond to a friendly face, a cheery "Good morning, how's your day going" said like you mean it.

We all know we have to be careful, to always have that degree of awareness about you but as long as you don't go to places where trouble obviously awaits then being in tne vanilla world offers so many rewards.

Helen, I'm jealous! some many years ago I visited Portmeirion its lovely, be sure to take home some Portmerion pottery it too is lovely. being there dressed as well is like a dream come true for you, enjoy!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Helen. A great adventure to look forward to. I just completed 4 days totally as female visiting in Houston and it was wonderful but wasn't nearly long enough. I am now thinking how can I plan something so I can be myself for 7 maybe even 14 days.

Helen, your adventure sounds wonderful, something some of us just dream of. I hope you are successful in locating that new blouse or similar for your wardrobe. Just be careful if you take a walk on the beach. I would hate to see you get run down by a giant rubber ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Helen, I love Portmeirion. I have looked at your well researched link and am thinking I might be able to blast across the pennines on 20th as it would be great to meet you.
    You should. It would be good for both of you
    I met Helen in Manchester this time last year

Well it's a little over a week before I go and I've already sorted out much of what I'll be taking clothing wise. Shoes and boots are yet to be done and while I'll try to keep the numbers down they still add a lot of bulk. It's the ancillary stuff that really adds to the physical size. Two handbags, makeup and cleaning products, jewelry (small but weighty), hip and bum padding, two coats, three jackets and scarfs. Although towels are provided I always take my own so I don't get makeup all over the owners white ones when cleaning up each evening. Thank goodness I'm driving and not flying.

There'll be items I won't wear but they'll be there just in case. Just need to make sure I pack my good forms. I forgot them last year but thankfully I had a NuBra and some old forms that I sleep in that "filled in". And of course it's November. Remember to take a ladies umbrella.