So I bought a dress about 2 weeks ago. Took a week (3-5 business days) just to process, whereas other online stores ship out in a day or two after you place the order. I have been so anxious to get my new dress, I've been checking on the shipping status at least a couple times a day.
Today I thought maybe it would come. It said the dress was at the local USPS. Mail came, no dress. My disappointment was multiplied by the fact that today is Saturday, and since the dress had not come today and no mail would be delivered tomorrow, I would have to wait til Monday. I pulled out a dress from my closet which I hadn't worn in quite some time and slipped it on and instantly felt a little better. Still, I wanted to wear my new dress.
I decided to go out front for a little fresh air. Something inside me told me to check the mailbox, hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe, my dress would be there. Lo and behold, there it was! Happy ending? Not quite? As I sit here typing this, I have to be at work in an hour and a half, really no time to dress up. So now because of the mail carrier's screwup, I have to wait til later to put on my new dress, possibly tomorrow. Well, at least I don't have to wait til Monday.