Thread: Post office can be so annoying when waiting for a new dress

Post office can be so annoying when waiting for a new dress

So I bought a dress about 2 weeks ago. Took a week (3-5 business days) just to process, whereas other online stores ship out in a day or two after you place the order. I have been so anxious to get my new dress, I've been checking on the shipping status at least a couple times a day.
    Today I thought maybe it would come. It said the dress was at the local USPS. Mail came, no dress. My disappointment was multiplied by the fact that today is Saturday, and since the dress had not come today and no mail would be delivered tomorrow, I would have to wait til Monday. I pulled out a dress from my closet which I hadn't worn in quite some time and slipped it on and instantly felt a little better. Still, I wanted to wear my new dress.
    I decided to go out front for a little fresh air. Something inside me told me to check the mailbox, hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe, my dress would be there. Lo and behold, there it was! Happy ending? Not quite? As I sit here typing this, I have to be at work in an hour and a half, really no time to dress up. So now because of the mail carrier's screwup, I have to wait til later to put on my new dress, possibly tomorrow. Well, at least I don't have to wait til Monday.

Hi Rainbow,
    Sign up for "USPS Informed Delivery". That will tell you everything that is being sent to you that day via USPS. (UPS has a similar thing.) That way you won't have to do the "Today I thought maybe it would come" anticipation dance. You'll know for sure.

Banned Read only
    RainbowDash ,
    This is why I prefer retail shopping , I became fed up with trying to catch the postman before my wife did .

The classic one for me was when I ordered a maid outfit with a full petticoat and other items , I hovered around my front gate every morning , I'd already told the postman it was a special surprise for my wife . Finally he stood there with a smile on his face but he didn't hand it over straight away , he kept feeling the parcel saying it's very squeezy . I tried to diffuse the situation by saying , " it probably won't fit and she'll have to send it back !" I know postman aren't stupid when they've been doing that job for years , something squeezy in an unmarked package , nice surprise for someone !!

I hope the dress fits and it was worth the tedious wait .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-19-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Teresa, I have not graduated to the point where I can retail shop yet, aside from Victoria's Secret. I've tried a couple times, only to get home and find out they do not fit. Every time I go into any store, its always the same story.... small dress sizes, way too small for me. For that reason, I have constantly had to order dresses online. Don't mind the wait too much.
    I've always visualized myself going into a shop, them taking me aside to measure me, having me try on the dress, and then purchasing it. If you know any stores that do this, or any store that sells plus size dresses, I'd greatly appreciate you letting me know.

Hi Rainbow,

It really is frustrating trying to get the fit right...even more so when having to deal with online returns. Have you considered shopping at a store like Torrid or Lane Bryant? They specialize in plus sizes and are very friendly to the CD and TG community. There are also stores like Kohl?s that carry plus sizes and have non gendered dressing rooms. Going into a shop like that for the first time, especially in man mode, is terrifying. But after you do it for the first time, there is no stopping you in the future. It truly is an exhilarating and empowering experience.

Don't feel so bad!
    I bought a blow up doll at 16 and said hold for pickup at the post office.
    When I got there the box was opened. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    It look so bad blown up so my friends and I dressed it up and left it in the park! LOL
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

You think that’s bad? Try FedEx smart post or UPS Mail Innovations. WORST THING EVER. Your package starts off with FedEx or UPS and everything is great! Your package will be there in a week! Yay. Then 2 days before it’s supposed to be there, they hand it over to the post office who takes ANOTHER friggin’ week to deliver.

Ugh I was waiting for a few new girly things I ordered off Amazon. It said delivered but I can't find the package. Called courier and the driver apparently delivered it to the wrong house. They're trying to get it back. Sigh.

I try and buy most of my dresses in the stores these days, but every so often I catch a really good deal online. For example, Zulily has deals on Lauren Ralph Lauren dresses twice a year.

I passed on a beautiful Lauren Ralph Lauren dress at Burlington Coat Factory because it was $50 and I was already buying two other dresses by Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger.

A month later I caught the same dress at Zulily for $25. Had to have it and nailed the last one in my size. Then the four week wait for delivery came (Zulily is really slow unless you pay extra). Boy was I excited when the Zulily box finally came last week—and boy did that dress look amazing on me...

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLeesa View Post
    Ugh I was waiting for a few new girly things I ordered off Amazon. It said delivered but I can't find the package. Called courier and the driver apparently delivered it to the wrong house. They're trying to get it back. Sigh.
    I had that happen with a beautiful pea coat by Nautica. I got a deal on it through Zulily. The driver delivered it to the house across the street. Fortunately I was tracking the delivery and figured out the misdelivery within an hour after it happened, and got my box back from the neighbors house.

I hope you get your package.

I had that happen with a beautiful pea coat by Nautica. I got a deal on it through Zulily. The driver delivered it to the house across the street. Fortunately I was tracking the delivery and figured out the misdelivery within an hour after it happened, and got my box back from the neighbors house.

Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Hi Rainbow,

Same story I'm going thru right now. Amazon usually, quite dependable, I ordered lipstick that was on special one day last week, was suppose to be delivered on Friday, tracking it was at local my local USPS waiting for delivery, didn't arrive on Friday, which it should have and Amazon tracking went dead (disappeared), then got a email from Amazon, sorry about the delay should be their hopefully between 10/19-22/19 if not either cancel or we will refund. The part I don't like is wife is getting home either Monday or Tuesday. I guess I should have ordered earlier in the week or I will have to make sure to really watch the mailbox. She knows I have lipstick etc, but not happy about it. Sort of DADT

We do have to be very careful and REALLY plan for lateness don't we.

Davina

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not fair to the mail carrier IMO they didn't screw up because you did get your package.
    Your package may have gotten on another carriers truck that services an area close to you and not your regular carrier.
    Could have been a sub doing the route because your reg carrier was on vacation.
    I'm sorry you had no time to try it on because you had to be at work but thats not the letter carriers fault.

I don't like having to wait on things to come in the mail.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-20-2019 at 08:42 AM.

RainbowDash, I know just how you feel. AI b ought a dress two weeks ago, was supposed to be delivered before I went on vacation, I'm back and still no dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I don't entirely blame the mail carriers. It may have just been a simple oversight on her part. At least she did her job and came back and delivered the package.
    One time I ordered a dress that I wanted so badly, that I paid $40 extra to get in 1-2 business days, something I practically never do. Well, the 2nd business day came and went, and on the 3rd day I was on the phone to the sales associate, explaining that since the fastest delivery service they offer is guaranteed to come within 1-2 business days, and since I had paid quite a bit extra cash to get it faster, I expected a refund. Now while this may seem childish or immature, to those people I say this.... If I pay extra for faster shipping, rather than saving money and settling on the slower services, I expect the item to come within the allotted time, no excuses.
    Worst delivery service I ever had was with FedEx when I bought a $1200 gaming laptop. After keeping up with tracking and wondering why it was not coming a couple days after it was supposed to have been delivered, my neighbor informs me that FedEx had been leaving notes on their doors (the notes they leave when no one is home). I called FedEx and explained that I was very tired of waiting, and told them nobody had better be fooling around with my laptop, since it was a rather expensive piece of equipment and you just never know when you might encounter a dishonest worker. Sounds crazy, but I've heard stories. I then went on to complain about the driver's incompetence and how its not so hard to read the house numbers, and how I deliver pizza for a living and don't have any problems. The driver's boss finally showed up at my door with my laptop, the driver sitting in the vehicle, too cowardly to face me and say he was sorry. I've also had problems with Fedex because these lazy idiots don't ring the doorbell or knock when they deliver a package, then they assume no one is home and take the package away. It got to the point where whenever I knew FedEx was delivering a package I had to literally stand outside and wait for the driver. I swear they must hire idiots for drivers.
    Last edited by RainbowDash; 10-20-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Platinum Member
    Rainbow, I feel your pain. There have been times when I knew a package was "out for delivery" and it did not end up in the mailbox. Most of the time the letter carrier forgot and delivered only letters/magazines from her tray. She usually comes back and makes a delivery.

Teresa, I remember the days when our mailbox was at the base of the driveway. My ears would pickup the distinctive sound of the mail truck. I would always try to get to the mailbox before my wife. Hectic. When the post office decided to make a central delivery point down the street (four houses away) my wife thought that was too far to walk in the lousy weather. Oh, the perils of DADT.

The biggest irritant is actually waiting for a delivery that takes just too darn long. I am awaiting a book which was mailed from a ebayer in Portland, Oregon which is only 130 miles away from Pierce County, WA. The route? Through Las Vegas. And still waiting. Retailers use second rate shippers to save a buck and then rely on the post office to deliver the "last mile." Unless you have Prime, Amazon is a real slow shipper.

As to buying in person, many stores do not stock everything. I am thinking about JCPenny which offers "ship to store" only on some dresses. Sort of just have to go with the flow.

Waiting is the hardest part. So did it come? How'd it fit?

But hey, the mail is better than - gulp - FedEx Smartpost. Which is neither smart, nor post. I ordered boots via DSW last month. They were sent via Smartpost. They were shipped on the 2nd of October. Finally delivered on the 11th. Unfortunately they were too big - so had to return them. My wife said she needed to go to DSW and return some stuff she'd bought too, so offered to do the exchange for me. Came home telling me "Sorry hon, they didn't have them in stock, so they're shipping them." Oh no, not... SMARTPOST AGAIN!?!?

Replacement boots were FINALLY shipped on the 17th after a delay. Not due to arrive until - THE 29TH?!?!?!

And the best part - where's the best place for a crossdresser's block heeled boots to be stuck in? A place called AMBOY!

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.44.51 PM.jpg
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

Silver Member
    Not sure where you bought it. Most major online retailers ship in 24-48 hours. If you bought it on eBay or Amazon third party, they are supposed to ship in 3 days at absolute latest (you really have to ship it out within 24 hours today.)

I am old enough to remember buying things from the Sears catalog and having to "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery". Back when most ordinary people didn't have credit cards and you had to send a paper check. If it didn't fit, you had to pay to send it back. And if a package got lost in the mail, you had to take it up with the post office, not the shipper. A much different world.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Fed Ex has been fantastic to me and service has been better than excellent.
    Always on time too.
    I have guitars valued at 3 to 4 thousand dollars shipped to me to work on by customers and FedEx delivers them in perfect condition.
    UPS has torn up a few high end guitars I have bought just by ill handling by the loaders.
    USPS does a fair job just takes forever going ground.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I never get excited waiting for things I've ordered to arrive.

In fact, I've usually forgotten about them by the time they Do arrive! That's more fun anyway. Not knowing what's in the package!

Most of the things I order online don't fit rite anyway.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

That?s the way it goes! I?m sure you tried your dress on by now hope it fits well after all the waiting!

I had ordered a pair of 5 inch heels. A couple of weeks went by -- no delivery. Then I went on vacation. I returned to find several "attempt to deliver" notices in my apartment mailbox. In a mild panic I left work the next day to dash to the P.O. and pick them up before they sent them back.

oh the perils of ordering!!!! I hate to order things from China as you don't know when its going to get shipped or arrive but what makes it worse is my wife now has fridays off and trying to order and get the right day has been hell. I have been known to cancel mail service so it won't get shipped on friday or saturday.
    Fedex does a good job
    amazon also
    Ebay depend on the seller if they will get it right out or not
    Jcp site to store is the way to go with them.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Tracy, the problem with UPS is "The UPS Store" (formerly "Mail Boxes Etc."). I have had them damage and destroy more guitars and other items than any carrier you could name, plus they charge you triple or more for the priviledge. If you call UPS direct they will pick up the shipment from you if you can do your own packing and weigh the package yourself for 1/3 the cost.

Please, if you value what you are shipping DO NOT USE THE UPS STORE.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Other than my first wig, my first bras and all my boobs to date (3 pairs and counting), nothing in my fem wardrobe was bought online. Like others, I like to see and touch the garment before I buy it. I like to see the labels, the washing instructions, where it was made, etc. It also cuts down on my spending. If I bought every dress online that I found cute, I’d be broke and I’d need to build an annex for the house.

As I was going over the responses, I thought to myself: Where else but on a crossdresser site would you see a fully grown man complaining that their new dress was taking too long to arrive? Hilarious.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Patience, yes I am complaining about a dress taking too long to get here! And so what if I do?! I have every right to complain, because when I buy a new dress, naturally I am anxious to try it on! And I also have every right to be upset when it takes too long to arrive!
    Last edited by char GG; 10-30-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Does not appear there was negative intent in the comment