Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did it start with shoes for anyone else?

Did it start with shoes for anyone else?

Following Sometimes Steffi's advice from the intro. forum:

I've had a shoe fetish for as long as I can remember. In my early teens, this progressed to trying on women's shoes (mostly the mothers of my friends, as mine didn't go for heels). This persisted for a few years, until none of them fit any longer. It turned into a desire to have girl friends dress in heels, and for several years buying them for them (once, I remember, being very put out when a shop assistant insisted that they looked too small for me, as I'd told her several times that they were for my gf).

About 11 years ago, I realised I still wanted to wear them myself again, and started buying pairs online. It took several attempts to get a decent fit, and of course I started off way too high. Initially, it was for the thrill, but quickly, it turned into a challenge to learn to walk properly in them. It wasn't long before just putting a pair on made me feel infinitely more relaxed, and I'd start wearing them about the house for day to day chores, and when working from home without a second thought. With high-heeled sandals came the need for polish, and very quickly the need for skirts rather than trousers to wear them with.

Within three years or so of starting to wear heels, I was getting dressed up just to feel relaxed, with no thought to sexual thrills. And, a bit further along, that's where I am today - I paint my nails (toes red, fingers usually only clear matte in public), shave my legs, wear heels, skirts and leggings behind closed doors at every opportunity (I always travel with a few pairs of shoes, skirts, panties and stockings). I've started thinking about dresses, but no real desire to attempt makeup or wigs yet, or to try to pass. I think if I did, I would look rather like Eddie Izzard (i.e. not that convincing); in my more courageous moments I expect that one day I will dress more or less regularly at least up to the waist and fingers, with a style that sort of works, but I'll be very obviously a man, though I'd walk with a woman's gait and be as careful with my nails as they are.

Internally, the more I've dressed, the less masculine I've felt; taking online tests and assessments these days I score anywhere from Androgynous to M2F in-transition, but never more M than F. This is much more gender fluid than I used to expect to feel (for some years, I thought I would just be a man in a dress- now, I think I'm more likely to be "me in a a dress and heels" for values of "me" well toward the middle-right of the M2F spectrum).

Anyway, that's a lot of background for a simple question. Did anyone else start with shoes, or anything else in particular, or was it always simply "I want to dress like a woman"?

Julie Anne

Me too. High heeled boots in particular, then on to hosiery, then gradually down the rabbit hole. In my personal utopia, I would most likely have an entire closet just for shoes. Oddly enough, I only have two fully functional pairs of male shoes. (I keep the most recently junked sneakers for grubby tasks)

Nope. Love shoes but that’s not where I started. And btw, PLEASE don’t put any stock in “online tests”. Those are, as they say, for entertainment purposes only.

Platinum Member
    It was something else. Specifically it was full slips. My mother use to hang the laundry to dry in the long hallway which lead to the bedrooms in our apartment. The way she hung the clothesline meant one had to go under the line twice. There was another drying rack suspended from a rack over the bathtub. I loved the feel of nylon. It was a fabric like I never felt before and nothing like any of the boy clothes I wore. At first I would just fondle it. After awhile I would take a slip down and wear it in the bathroom. I have accumulated over 400 full slips in various styles, colors, lengths and lace patterns. I rarely see slips for sale in my local Goodwill stores, and, any pretty vintage slips in larger sizes command outrageous prices on ebay and other on-line sale/auction sites.

It did not start with the shoes. Sadly i have had large feet for what seems like forever. I did try to put on some heels a few times early on but always found them to be too small. Shoes were the last piece of the puzzle for me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a fetish dresser. But, shoes weren't my first love when I began dressing!

However, they r certainly part of it now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Nope. Panties for me

I was obsessed with heels from a very early age, but didn't have access to any I could wear. I am an only child, and my mother had amazingly small feet, so even by the time I was 5 or so, her few pairs of heels were already too small to fit me. So although I would have liked to start with shoes, I shifted my attention to stockings, girdles, and jewelry for a few years until I could finally buy my own heels that fit starting around age 12. By that time, I had my ears pierced and routinely wore nail polish, lipstick and pantyhose (but rarely outer clothes - same problems with accessibility and fit).

- Diane

In my case they were actually the last thing I bought related to any of this. They didn't last long either.

My first thing was pantyhose. Still is. I love wearing them and I love seeing women wear them... Especially with a nice set of heels. Sadly my wife rarely wears pantyhose.... Or high heels. She owns only low heels and flats. She has bigger feet and having lost some weight I can wear one pair of her shoes that are now too big for her. I would love to have a nice pair of heels to wear with my other women's clothing but hard to find in my size and I don't want to buy online and find out they don't fit. Same with finding a wig to cover my short hair and make me more confident wearing my undergarments and dresses out on my night time walks. I've waited this long I'll eventually acquire some I hope.

I didn't start with shoes but when my crossdressing urges, which have come and gone over the years (back for good now I believe) came raging back some years ago shows were my first purchases. I now have over two dozen pair, way more than the number of men's shoes I own.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 10-22-2019 at 07:46 AM.

My start was nylon - panties first, then slips.
    Now, I under dress every day.

It started with trying on mom's stockings. The rest as they say is history.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Nylons was it for me. But heels too. I actually considered cutting the uppers off of cowboy boots to make them into high heel shoes! I have huge feet! Later, found Snaz75.com which has size 16 lady size shoes.

In my youth, our next door neighbor sisters and I often played together, which included ?dress up?, which held little interest...until they dared me to wear nylon stockings. They were my first. I can still remember the pleasure they gave me. High heels followed. I could walk very well in heels. I?ve progressed and now dress completely but heels and hose remain my #1?s. I, often underdress in all forms of lingerie...panties daily.

No, for me it was lingerie.
    However, I do have a particular love of shoes as my wife would atest.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It wasn't shoes for me either... since I have cross country skis for feet, shoes are the last thing I obtained to complete the wardrobe. My hook was lingerie.

With me it was lingerie, particularly bras.
    Then shoes.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

When I was about 9 or 10, I frequently played with my two younger sisters. Our next door neighbor gave us some of her old high heeled shoes for dressup. The shoes were a little big for my sisters, but fit me perfectly. I recall playing dressup quite frequently until I outgrew the shoes

For me started with pantyhose and shoes at the same time. Luckily when I started to try on women's clothes, I had about the same feet size as my mom, so I was able to wear my mom's old high heel sandals she didn't wear any more and were stashed away in a storage room. When my feet got bigger, I bought my first pair of heels and hide them in my room.

Started with undies for me as well, but remember trying on some of my mum's shoes. I absolutely love the way a woman's leg looks in a pair of heels, but wasn't until I was gone and living on my own that I thought "hmm, maybe I should try a pair myself." Being in my 20s I ordered a ridiculous pair of thigh high (fake) leather boots with 5" heels that I could barely squeeze into (couldn't zip them up all the way) and almost broke my ankle in the first time I tried walking in them. Returned the next day.

Since then, have accumulated a ton of ill-fitting heels that I never wear. Out of my collection, I have about 5 pairs that actually fit me, and I can walk in with some comfort. The older I've gotten the more I've gone away from "stripper heels" and stilettos preferring things that are more chunky and sensible. (The joys of getting older!)
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

Bra was and still is my first love!

hello Julie Anne,
    for me it started with tights because my hero when I was 8 was Robin Hood; I did not realise that "borrowing" my sister's tights was crossdressing!
    But I do remember wearing and loving a pair of blue suede high heel boots that I bought when I was 16 and wore in the late "hippy era" with flared trousers and embroidered tee shirts; I now wonder if they had been put in the men's shoe section by mistake.
    luv J

Occasional CD Alexandra Collins's Avatar
    It literally started with pantyhose for me, but was quickly followed by heels. Now it is all about heels (and hose) for me. When I get fully dressed, including makeup and wig, my outfit choices always start with thinking about the heels, everything else is an accessory to me, an excuse to wear heels. I went into some clothes stores once fully dressed, but wearing flats, and it was a thrill, but would have been much more fun if I'd been wearing heels.

To answer your question directly, it started with me wanting to wear specific pieces of clothing (heels and hose), but now also includes wanting to be able to do that outside in public, and when doing that, I only want to try to dress fully (including makeup/wig) so I'm not obviously seen as a man in a dress.

Not sure if I stared with shoes, but wearing women's Keds were part of my initial foray into crossdressing. I now wear ballet flats as often as I can, and while i don't fully dress, they are still an important part of my wardrobe.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/