Thread: How Sad

How Sad

Hi All
    How sad it is that this page seems to have lost all women who regularly visited here. This used to be my favorite site, I met and learned so much from the women in the past here. Now it seems that everyone has moved on. A shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Olivia View Post
    Now it seems that everyone has moved on. A shame.
    I don't read this sub forum... but I did read this. My opinion that follows applies to the entire forum:

Let's not lose the wood for the trees. Moving on is a good thing, isn't it? People come here ( and into this sub-forum, especially ) so that they can find solutions in order to achieve that. Personally, I congratulate them.

- L.

You're both right, I feel. It's sad to lose friends when they start "doing life" and have better things to do than hang out here. We can only hope that their departure is because they've accomplished something that should be celebrated.
    ...and be grateful for those few who've stuck around and graced us with the benefit of their knowledge and experience.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Hey Sara,

You should post more here. You have a lot to contribute.

I think it goes in waves TBH. I stopped posting here because it became too volatile, and the TG section has got too introspective for me at the moment. I?m more into doing than analysing the reasons why I can?t. I?m hoping it will settle down again in a while so I pop back every now and then to look.

I think it would be nice for those who decide to move on leave us a little "good-bye" to tell us about their success.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I can only speak for myself but I found it increasingly difficult to deal with people projecting their own fears onto other people?s circumstances. The world will end if you do X ... that might be true for the person saying it. But that doesn?t make it an absolute truth. Even when you know they?re trying to be helpful and perhaps absolutely believe what they?re saying.

I think many people just sort of drift away from here as Lydianne says, when they?re doing ok, and that?s perhaps a good thing?

Stephie -- "Goodbye posts" are expressly forbidden on this site. I think the intent was to limit dramatic exits, but I don't know. I often swing by to see how folks are doing, but don't interact much. I'm happier out there "doing life," as Aunt Kelly says. Once I got past the questions and fears (and i credit this site for that,) and took the leap of faith required to get out and live as who I am, I found life to be pretty cool.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Lydianne, perhaps it is exactly because you have never read this sub forum that you do not understand its history. Years ago, when I first ventured here, knowing that I was transsexual but also certain that with a wife, two children and a conservative family, transition would never be an option for me. Nevertheless I was drawn to the site to live vicariously through other people's journeys. Over the years these women taught me so much, not only about the transition process itself but about courage, sadly all too often about loss and suffering, about the inner strength and determination it took to finally be true and honest with yourself and find that peace and happiness that ultimately made everything all worth it for so many of them.
    So when I started this thread it was with all of the above in mind. If, instead of finding this site over 10 years ago I had found it today I may never have learned all that I did from those who took the journey before me, and most importantly to be inspired by them. I might have never ultimately found the courage to start this journey of my own, to finally get to a place in my life where I am truly happy.

As for your point about moving on - I have. Most people who know me today only know me as Sara and do not even know that I was ever anybody else, this includes neighbors, work colleagues and most importantly friends. Some friends and my entire family of course know the whole story. I have never really gotten to know any trans people in my community and as a consequence I pretty much live exclusively in a cis world as a cis women (as far as most people in my life are concerned). That said, I will never forget how much I owe to all the amazing women I have met on this site over the years. Who, when I needed it, gave friendship, encouragement, advice and so much more to me over the years. That is why I feel sad that this forum seems to be on the wane these days. Now that I feel I am pretty much at the end of my transition journey, it would have been nice to be able to return some of the kindnesses bestowed on me by others. Anyways those are just some of my thoughts and reasons for initiating this thread.

I mentioned that I don't read this sub forum. I didn't mention that I have never read this sub forum.

Being here was pivotal for your beginning, and congratulations on having completed your transition. Unfortunately, I know two for whom reaching out here had the opposite effect. One of them tried to reach out here after having been directed here by me, and she has since left with no further update. The other is transitioning with support from elsewhere.

For the sake of completeness & fairness, the prohibited response that drove the former away was addressed ( you can see the mod notes ), but the harm had been done. You could probably argue that it could have happened anywhere, but it happened here.

So you and I have different abiding memories of this sub forum . . and that's perfectly OK.

- L.

I have checked this site almost everyday since joining back in 2007. Recently, instead of 4 pages of new posts to start the day I see that we are down to 2-3 pages. The TS participation is minimal for new posts and the Non-Binary section also has seemed to slow down a lot from its hot start a few years ago. Lots of reasons for all this.

I only read what's new (I really do miss that "New Post" tab to click that disappeared a few short years ago after some type of unfortunate update, never to be replaced). I rarely started a new thread because that does not interest me. I have found over the past couple of years the topics that would catch my attention to reply to (all over the site) have been few and far between. I love to contribute, as can be seen in my post count. Since I am in full transition and was looking for some surgery information, it was recommended to try susans.org. I did and it always has a lot of varied threads to post in across the full spectrum of topics, categories (from CD to MtF or FtM sections), plus a lot of varied surgery threads with a lot of great information and experiences with your results may vary as an obvious element. I now spend more time there. For what it is worth.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 10-30-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: corrected web address to Susan's Place

Untitled
    IMO, Forums are a dinosaur compared to the rest of the tinternet. We as a society have become used to instant gratification of our wants and needs, and forums are too slow for that.

Unfortunately, the TS forum is only a sub-forum of the larger CROSSDRESSERS forum, we are just small fish in a much bigger pond. People come and go, as they should, no-one should feel tied, after living over 12 years as a woman, this forum is no longer relevant to me, even procedures etc, have changed to such a degree that my "experience" is somewhat invalid, and even more so when we are talking to our sisters over the pond.

Having said that, I can and do when relevant, add personal experience in relation to a relationship. Transitioning is not all doom and gloom, that in the past was a source of rancour on this forum. There was a few wife and wife partnerships on the forum which survived the turmoil of transition.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

It does seem that activity is down on the TS forum from a few years ago. I still keep up with what is happening here, but I do not post as often as I once did.

One great thing about this forum is that I have been able to meet some wonderful people from here in real life by being on it.

Don’t give up the site! There are some like me who need your advice and experience. I’m about to start HRT after more than a year of counseling and over 50 of self denial, and I do need all the help I can get. My wife is not supportive and has told me that she will leave me and the country if I do transition. Unfortunately I no longer see it as an option, but I want to fight to keep her. This forum is very important to me. Keep it up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I think it would be nice for those who decide to move on leave us a little "good-bye" to tell us about their success.
    I was recently asked to help find someone who left the forum in case something really bad happened to them. I helped track her down, and she is fine. But that would be a good reason to say, "Good Bye", or "I'll be away for a while."

I stay connected here for several reasons, including finding out what friends are up to and keeping up with being a girl some of the time.

The other reason I stay on here is to "pay it forward". I've received so much insight and help from this site that I feel an obligation to pay it back when I can.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.