Thread: First time going into tailor shop with women's clothes

First time going into tailor shop with women's clothes

So I bought a pair of women's pants, and after waiting like what seemed forever to try them on, they were way too long. So long in fact, that they went way down past my feet. Even a person 6 feet tall would find the length too long. Nothing in the item description said anything about the length of the pants.
    Anyway, I love the pants and know I will love wearing them. But I had to find a tailor shop first. Fortunately I found a dry-cleaners that does alterations, but being in the closet, I was afraid they might reject me. Now I know you girls will say not to worry, the world is changing. Yes it is, but that doesn't mean everyone is accepting of men wearing women's clothes.
    Well, I went to the dry-cleaners to ask if they were ok with me bringing in a pair of women's pants to be shortened, explaining that I was a crossdresser. The guy said it was absolutely fine, and I breathed a big long sigh of relief as I realized that soon I would be wearing my pants. I also have a couple items of women's clothes that have a couple of buttons missing, so if he does a good job on the pants, I will be bringing them in to be fixed as well.

i've done this enough times, that the seamstress came out and asked me if i wanted to try my altered item on. I'll avoid outing myself, and I continue to take my alterations to them b/c they're nice ladies. I'm sure they're happy to take our money.

I dont know from experience as a CD'er, but I do have experience from the retail side. I can guarantee these businesses do not care what you do or who you are. They care about the bottom line of their business. And a customer is just that and only that a customer. As long as you are spending money with them that's all that matters.

I took my dresses in to cleaners shops many times, to have zippers put on, and lace sewn onto hems. No problems, but i was nervous bad!

Silver Member
    I took a dress to a dry cleaners to be cleaned. The manager asked me why I was having a dress cleaned. I told her my wife was coming with me the next week. I dropped off my cleaning and would pick up clean clothes on Monday when I flew in. I would have told her it was mine, but another person who knew me was with me that day. The company had retained both of us so I didn't care to have him know.

RainbowDash, I have had a dress altered. The women may have said something to her assistant in Korean, but I didn't care.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Really no need to explain anything to complete strangers but OK.
    You see the whole thing was not the big deal YOU thought it was and I am glad you got the issue resolved.

Silver Member
    Jessie's message is the piece of the puzzle that I wish everyone would learn and take to heart. Business people want your money and they don't care, much less judge. Their day is comprised of serve, get paid, then on to the next. Your business occupies only a minute or two of their time and they have no spare time or mental space to process your gender presentation.

People, just go out there and do your stuff, be it alterations, dry cleaning, purchasing or whatever.

A few years back I had a female friend who was a tailor, she would alter my dresses, I would take her to lunch. If we went shopping together if I saw something that did not fit, she would look at it and say "I'll fix it". Of course she knew I cded but we only hung out with me in my guy mode.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No matter how many posts reiterate the fact that businesses want your money and you as a customer and CDing is really not something they worry about.
    They are in business to serve the public and make a profit right?
    Why some here refuse to let that sink in amazes me.

Banned Read only
    IKR Tracii...

Once you start shopping around for your girly side often and making purchases, you get that they do not know you or even care what you are buying.
    I started enjoying services like manicures and pedicures (femme trim!), then eyebrow threading and now I go for makeovers, when I can.
    My alterations and cleaning I usually do myself as I rather spend my retirement earnings on more feminine services.
    I buy lingerie at big box stores or go on line to order and do the pick up service.
    It helps to have your own bank account and debit card if your in the closet and married, like I am.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Well, I went to the dry-cleaners to ask if they were ok with me bringing in a pair of women's pants to be shortened, explaining that I was a crossdresser.
    Why would you have any need to tell them.
    Unless you want to try the altered item they have no reason to know.

They don't know if the item is yours or another family members.

More to the point they don't care either.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

candykowal,

What is a pedicure (femme trim)? I'm getting a mani/pedi today..just wondered.

Davina

Aspiring Member
    If you had said nothing and just said how long you wanted the inseam they probably would have thought you were dropping them off or your wife. Sherrii

To those asking why I told them the pants were for me....
    Any place I've ever been to get pants shortened, altered, etc., they always have me try them on. I knew they were going to see me wearing the pants and might ask questions. So I decided the best approach was to simply tell them the pants were for me. I also figured that even if I did not tell them they were women's pants, they would see that they were when I slipped them on. Either way, the pants are being shortened and everything is fine.