Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdresser versus trans...what are you?

I've been a crossdresser for more than 60 years. I've occasionally fantasized of being a woman but have never considered transitioning totally.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    NjJamie some may search a lifetime to find a label for themselves and as complex as the spectrum is may never find one that fits them exactly that IS my point
    Some suffer all their lives to try and understand why they do what they do.
    I was one of those until I said to myself why am I so worried about what I am?
    Let all that go and decided to just be me and not worry about it. That made my life much more simple and less stressful.
    I don't have to be gender fluid or binary or whatever the current buzz word of the day is.

Transgender? Not a chance! No way will I ever consider transitioning. not even a consideration. CD only, no desire for any more. I am satisfied that I am a goofy guy that likes women's clothing.

As for transitioning, I can not think of an decent explanation that does not come off as hurt full, so I can't explain it here. To those that are, I wish you nothing but the best, but it is not something I would consider.

The most accepted definition is that transgender is a broad umbrella that includes crossdressers.

For me, I identify as a crossdresser. I wanted to try on a dress at a young age, and still do.

Here is a reddit survey regarding reponses on the reddit crossdressing board.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crossdressi...urvey_results/

I heard a gender counselor at a meeting say "when you've met one transgender person, you've met one transgender person". We all are individuals and there may be commonalities but we are all different.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 10-30-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Banned Spammer
    I heard a gender counselor at a meeting say "when you've met one transgender person, you've met one transgender person". We all are individuals and there may be commonalities but we are all different.[/QUOTE]

I can totally agree with that statement.

Are we now changing the designations?
    It seems to me we had defined Transgender or Trans as something that covered us all, crossdressers, transexuals, bi-gender and any other sub-category we might define ourselves as being. If we keep changing the terms then we literally don't know what we're talking about.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    I think this sums it up quite well...

I'm only transgender, sometimes intensely transgender, right up until just after orgasm. Then I just want a ham sandwich and maybe some chips.

Banned Spammer
    Roberta get ready because you know the radical types will take offense at the pic you posted.

Banned Read only
    Meh... They just can't handle the truth. :P

IMHO: All the other reasons we have come up with (like AGP) started out as homophobic explanations, and are now transphobic excuses we latch onto so we can claim to others and more importantly ourselves that at least we are not "one of those".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-31-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Don't doubt that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I think this sums it up quite well...
    I have some issues with this image. 1) Intersex people are not transgender. They are literally born with genetic markers of both sexes. 2) while some drag queens do consider themselves trans, the vast majority DO NOT.

You all seem to hate it when people assume you?re gay because you wear women?s clothing, so why would you be fine with mislabeling someone else?

Well, there you go.
    You were correct, Tracii.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know what they say? Scratch a trans and you'll find a CD inside!

That is certainly true in my case. I began dressing out of the blue at age 50 and wanted badly to become a woman! It took years for me to finally discover the CD inside I had always been!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Let's muddy the waters a bit and hint at the concept of fuzzy logic. I will suggest that crossdressing is an activity that is the result of one's being transgender. Like everything else, TG is not a binary box where you're either one or the other. It is a continuum in which everyone can be placed, from 0%M 100%F to 100%M 0%F. So if a genetic male has a low %F, he will fight hard against any suggestion that any femininity is present in him. If that same GM has a high %F, he would likely declare himself to be a transwoman and be upset that I just used the wrong pronoun.

I feel most comfortable locating myself at 70%F. To me, it means I am most comfortable when I am in a dress, but there are times when it doesn't matter. Furthermore, I accept that people around me sometimes rely on my accepting the role of an alpha(ish) male, a part that I can fake fairly convincingly.

Some people just can't accept that we're not all members of the same club. Crossdressing is a behavior, the Transgender Umbrella is a political construct. The TG movement of today is like the gay movement in the 90s where gay activists, in order to inflate their numbers and influence proposed that anyone who ever had a homoerotic thought was gay (but maybe in denial). Now that gays have achieved most of their goals the tendency is to kick out the marginal elements (bi's, TG's, femmes, fetishists, etc.) I think that lumping fetishists like me in with Transsexuals under the Transgender Umbrella trivializes the experience of TSs. AGP is real but who it applies to and what causes it are debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    OK, ya can't leave us hanging like this, dish!
    Oh, there isn't much to it. It was a gender-switching assignment in a sociology class and one of my girlfriends took me to the mall for a makeover. She was very excited about the trip and the results and I found myself getting into the role. Several guys in the class talked about being embarrassed "doing something a woman would do", but I remember wondering whether everyone considered me "pretty".

Hi. I would say I am a crossdresser. I love dressing and being en femme. I also like my male form. To choose just one isn’t me. I can identify as either. I love life and expressing myself both ways. I just need a bigger closet.

I'm jealous of a lot of the things women get to enjoy but I am no more transgendered than the woman who likes to play sports or work in a male dominated field. A dress or skirt is both physically and emotionally more pleasant than cargo shorts, but that doesn't mean i want to be or be perceived as a woman. Women have their own issues that I'm not the least bit jealous of. It's just the clothes.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Banned Read only
    Being Transgender doesn't mean you want to transition.

How hard is that to grasp? Apparently too hard.

Since it is an apparently infinite spectrum, I can't imagine what it means, to tell the truth.

Silver Member
    I miss the days when we were just the "TV/TS Community"... showing my age there.

The problem with "transgender" is no one agrees what it is. In science, "cobalt" is cobalt, a "gram" is a gram, "gravity" is gravity, there are terms everyone agrees on a meaning for. It is impossible for the trans community to agree on anything. One minute something means one thing, five years later something else, then a few years later it is considered "derogatory" and replaced with something else. If science ran like this, nothing useful would ever get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Being Transgender doesn't mean you want to transition.

How hard is that to grasp? Apparently too hard.

Well I looked up the definition,

denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

I have no desire to be a woman, I don't want to identify myself as a woman. I am a man that likes to wear women's clothing. To me it is simply the clothing. I am a man in a dress. I wouldn't mind trying to make the illusion of being a woman, but I don't want to be one.

I suppose it is like anything else, the definition varies on the person.

If I had realized certain things about myself when I was younger I might have took the leap from CD to TS. Some of us older girls came up in a different time when things were more difficult.

Aspiring Member
    Well said pumped.

Not everyone has the same goals and desires in life. Some in the trans community need to realize we are not and do not want to be like you.

Maybe we need our by application subgroup and keep those with a moral superiority complex out.