Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you still CD if men had more clothing choices

Absolutely. I don't go out enfemme although I probably should. I guess I figure, and probably erroneously, that a male of my age really shouldn't be doing that. Now don't ask me why I think that because I have no good reason. Maybe it is just shyness which can be the way I am in groups where I don't know anyone. Perhaps if I was able to get over my group shyness I would be different and more able.

But in answer to your question, I would definitely welcome a shift in the thinking of what is appropriate for men. In the meantime, I wear men's shirts that are in feminine colors and that seems to work pretty well in public and is read about the way I want it to be read. That is, by the women. Lots of men frown at a man in a pink dress shirt with no pocket- picky, picky, picky. Doesn't bother me as I prefer being with the ladies - been that way since I was a little kid. In part, maybe a result of being raised by a team of women in my very formative years (2 to 6). It is now just a part of my personality. I relate very easily to women.

Yes, I would still wear women's clothing. I like the feeling I get when I look in the mirror and there's a pretty girl looking back.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

For me, the clothing is just a symptom of another problem: feeling the need to perceive myself as female, even though I'm not. Dressing up is apparently enough to satisfy the GID that I experience. If everyone wore the very same clothing, I'd find another way. But fortunately for me, clothing for women is geared to a different shaped figure, and a different reason for it to look the way it does, so I don't see that changing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Women?s fabric/colors/pattern choices and cuts are so much more appealing than men?s. Plus, they make me feel pretty

A man?s shirt open collar with a belt and nice 👠 can look really stylish.

Yes.
    It's the semiotics that are crucial to me.
    I'm a crossdresser when I wear men's now.

Silver Member
    The 'yes' answers by CDs wins. Yes answers by TGs or TSs would be Damn right, me thinks.

I see myself as a MIAD (or more specifically non-binary). So I mix and match from both genders. Really it comes down to I like certain styles of clothes and if it comes in men's I usually get the men's version but if there isn't a men's version then I go with the female version. Button up shirts, mens since can more easily get tall sizes. Shorts, cargo shorts are more practical. Boxers, men's mostly since more available. Skirts, women's since cheaper than most kilts. Dresses, women's again. Heels... But if there were men's version of these things then it would change those things possibly.

My favorite male-wear are jeans and a T-shirt. Long sleeve shirt w/ collar and a pullover sweater or fleece jacket in colder seasons. And, no, I don't have "mantys" nor have I ever worn them, nor will I ever, regardless of the fabric or color. I like and prefer female clothing, especially skirts and undergarments. Even there, color is secondary. Don't bother with the hypothetical about more color in men's wear. Women won't wear it; why should I?

Like Gretchen, I would welcome a shift in what is considered appropriate for men. Nonetheless, If I didn't have clothing to express my femininity, am certain I'd find another way. Though I don't see myself as a candidate for transition, I'm still kind of batting for the girls team.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Yes, I would still Cross-Dress, as those would still be MALE clothes even though they are a little different.-----There would be NO sexuality or "Escape" association with them, so I would not get the desired psychological effects

I... huh, I dunno. I hadn't thought about it. I know one of the battle cries of the crossdresser is "Why is it when women wear pants its fine, but if a man wears a dress its weird?!?!" but the reality there is that the pants were bought in the womens' section, and are tailored and cut to fit a woman. (As I dip my toes into the clothing side of things, I've noticed that its closer to the truth to say they're tailored to fit ONE woman, since sizing on the ladies' side of things is all over the place.)

There are already companies out there that make lingerie for men. Apres Noir, XDress, a few others. Looks feminine, but cut for a man's physique. That said, if things were... progressing on a date, and the man took his shirt off to reveal a pink satin and lace XDress.com bra and he said "oh, don't worry, its for men" it still wouldn't go down well. So ironically, even if you're sportin' a feminine looking garment that is specifically made for a man, you're still crossdressing in the eyes of society.

So that's a bit weird.

If we lived in some utopian star-trekkie like reality where nobody judged anyone and humanity all got along, and all types of clothing were made for all types of people, I'd probably wear the men's "cut" of the feminine stuff purely for the sake of fitting better, but as others have pointed out at that point its just dressing and no longer crossdressing.
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

Well, I'll just say this...
    I am interested in, and like wearing skirts.
    I am not interested in nor will I wear a kilt.

'nuff said?

I went back and forth on answering this question, and what seemed like an easy reply to start, turned into a big contemplation. Ultimately the answer is "Yes".

Starting with the basics.... I think it's probably safe to say the vast majority here underdress, and there's just really no substitute for the panty (even the boyshorts). As has already been pointed out, you can make men's underwear with the same materials, and the same colors as women's panties, but the way the material is cut to fit the feminine form, well...that just make the garment what it is. VS Pink currently has a panty that looks like a men's "Y-front", but it's still cut to fit the feminine form, and therefore makes it more attractive than if a male version of it were offered. This same aspect translates to female specific clothing, like dresses, skirts, blouses and leggings and shoes, and on, and on. If someone were to make a dress using chiffon and lace, but cutting and sewing the material to fit the male physique, it just wouldn't be the same.

I know there are widely varying degrees of crossdressing and transgender personification, and I think each of us have developed a feminine entity within ourselves, to which we then mold into a tangible form with a personality. It's the depth and granularity of that personality that is then translated outward through clothing, wigs, makeup, mannerisms, voice and body alterations, and finally, the ultimate translation of SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by LingerieLuvr View Post
    If someone were to make a dress using chiffon and lace, but cutting and sewing the material to fit the male physique, it just wouldn't be the same.
    Well, to a point though. One of the absolute most feminine items of clothing on the face of the planet has to be... the wedding gown. Most women will buy an off-the-rack one, and have it tailored to fit their bodies. Others will have a custom made gown. Either way though - the garment is being altered (or created) specifically to fit their measurements.

So lets say a crossdresser who dreams of wearing a gown goes to David's Bridal in search of "the one", tries a bunch on but doesn't settle on a particular dress. Said crossdresser then visits a dressmaker the sales associate said made her wedding dress. Dressmaker shows them some photos, one of which is absolutely stunning. It's the ONE. Dressmaker takes the measurements, and says come back in a fortnight for a fitting. Fitting happens, adjustments are made, and after a while they get a call saying their dress is ready. They come down, are presented with the garment bag and are helped into it and...

...then realizes that they don't want it, because even though its using the same materials, it ended up being cut and sewn for a man and therefore no longer the same?
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

This is all very good insight into different perspectives. Thank you all for your comments.

Some interesting points. Especially Gaz and SaraLin. SaraLin Ive lost count of the times my wife has tried to persuade me into a kilt and I couldn't have been less interested. Since I've acknowledged I'm trans it makes a lot more sense. Lol

Aspiring Member
    If the only difference between male and female clothes was that female clothes had a single short thread sewn into the left sleeve, I would have a stockpile of short threads and I would wear them.

Men's clothes which look a bit feminine don't work for me. I only like the clothes marketed to girls. Although I avoid girl clothes which look a bit masculine. I like to look pretty and feel beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post
    I was checking out the women exiting our local railway station yesterday.
    I would say that at least 80% of them were wearing clothing that was drab and dreary; not what I would describe as feminine at all!
    'Unisex' was the word that came to mind.
    Even their shoes tended to consist mainly of sneakers.

What am I trying to say?

For me, it is the lingerie, which I love to wear as a crossdresser.
    Who knows, under their drab overcoats and poorly-fitting trousers and jeans, many of these women could well have been wearing a fabulously lacy and racy bra, stockings and suspenders.
    I know I was, unbeknown to them.
    I agree. only i know what i am wearing under my outer clothes. Thats the best bit for me.

something related happened yesterday.

I was in the store (NOT clothing shopping) and noticed what looked like some really ugly nighties up ahead. The thing is, they were in the mens' department. I guess they were supposed to be nightshirts - or bathrobes of some sort.
    I had to take a closer look. The colors were garish, the graphics were more "masculine" (space ships etc.), and the material was heavy and coarse.

Nope. Not for me. No way.

When I told my wife, she said it was too bad about the material, or I could have gotten one. I realized then that She still misses the point. They're MEN'S wear, and miles from what I'm after.

Because my cd’ing is more of a fetish, the fact that it’s women’s clothing is one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much. If it were guys clothing, it just wouldn’t have the same effect. It would be like watching a Tarantino movie on network television... it would be over edited, watered down dubbed in, scenes cut, etc.., it just isn’t the same experience as when you’re wearing something that was designed for and intended to be worn by a woman. For me, that’s a big part of the excitement, thrill, and desire of it all.

The few women that I’ve opened up to about my dressing have all tried to redirect it and re-channel it.., I love shiny, satin string bikini panties in all colors and cuts. They might be hot pink, they might be jet black.. they might have flower patterns, they might have ?bride? on the back in crystals, they might have little bows where the string meets the crotch panel.. that’s what I like though.. They all tried getting me silk boxers , mens bikini briefs, ugh... no thanks. It just isn’t the same... I know maybe my tastes are too specific, but its just what I like.

My guy clothes are my guy clothes and my femme wardrobe is totally separate. It’s VERY expensive, but it’s what works for me. I do underdress and wear womens satin panties pretty much everyday. I’m literally down to a few pair of mens underwear that I only wear if I’m going on a date with a woman and I think I might get lucky. Or sometimes I go commando. But any ther time, its satin panties.
    Last edited by SHINY-J; 11-09-2019 at 10:15 PM.

This is definitely a complicated question, but I tend to agree with most in that crossdressing is more than just wearing an article of clothing. So in that type of light I think even if styles of women’s clothing became more acceptable for men to wear I would still consider it crossdressing. Now the level of crossdressing may dip depending on the article of clothing. For example, if skirts became more acceptable for men to wear my crossdressing, or notion of crossdressing, would likely drop.

They don't make clothes for short men. Yeah, I know about Peter Manning. One specialty shop.

Women's XS clothes is plentiful and cheap. I love bargain shopping.

I think they do that intentionally to tease GGs who can't fit into such small clothes.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 11-09-2019 at 06:12 PM.

I thought about this not long ago. It was in the context of purses. Bags for men are becoming more available, and I was looking at some at a store. None of them appealed to me because I thought they were too large and too masculine. I prefer my smaller bag that I carry no matter what clothes I'm wearing.

I do that too. I buy the smallest bags and watches as I'm not very big myself.