Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you still CD if men had more clothing choices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would you still CD if men had more clothing choices

This is aimed at the MIADs but welcome all comments. One of the reasons I CD is because I am jealous of all the choices of fabrics, colors, and styles women get to choose from. If men had the same variety would you still CD? I probably would still wear skirts and dresses still. On the other hand if clothing options were more universal would it still be "cross" dressing?

Silver Member
    It wouldn't be crossdressing anymore, it would just be dressing. But I'd still be swimming in the ladies side of the pool. There will always be a male/female binary of some sort, where masculine females are lauded and feminine males are denigrated. That's the nature of toxic masculinity, which isn't going to even diminish in my lifetime.

Absolutely. I don't go out enfemme although I probably should. I guess I figure, and probably erroneously, that a male of my age really shouldn't be doing that. Now don't ask me why I think that because I have no good reason. Maybe it is just shyness which can be the way I am in groups where I don't know anyone. Perhaps if I was able to get over my group shyness I would be different and more able.

But in answer to your question, I would definitely welcome a shift in the thinking of what is appropriate for men. In the meantime, I wear men's shirts that are in feminine colors and that seems to work pretty well in public and is read about the way I want it to be read. That is, by the women. Lots of men frown at a man in a pink dress shirt with no pocket- picky, picky, picky. Doesn't bother me as I prefer being with the ladies - been that way since I was a little kid. In part, maybe a result of being raised by a team of women in my very formative years (2 to 6). It is now just a part of my personality. I relate very easily to women.

I'm not a MIAD but since it wouldn't be considered crossdressing anymore it would just mean that my day to day wardrobe would greatly increase in size and scope.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If men's clothing somehow magically became more colorful and the fabric changed it would still be men's clothes.
    I have no desire to wear clothes made for men no matter what they look like.
    If they were marketed as men's clothes it would not be cross dressing would it? Think before asking questions like that.

Yes, I would still wear women's clothing. I like the feeling I get when I look in the mirror and there's a pretty girl looking back.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

For me, the clothing is just a symptom of another problem: feeling the need to perceive myself as female, even though I'm not. Dressing up is apparently enough to satisfy the GID that I experience. If everyone wore the very same clothing, I'd find another way. But fortunately for me, clothing for women is geared to a different shaped figure, and a different reason for it to look the way it does, so I don't see that changing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think if they had men's clothing in the fabrics with that feel, I would give it a try for sure. I'm sure those types of clothes would be expensive like those they sell in that store DXL that only serves the big n tall sizes. They have highly inflated pricing because they know if you have to shop there, they got ya. For me, it's more the fabrics and the feel, not really how it looks for me.
    ---

Sasha

Silver Member
    I would wear what I do today. I'm not sure that I have the legs for dresses anymore.

Of course I would simply put colourful clothes for men would still be for men cut to fit men, buttons and zips on the right side for men but not for women so buying those clothes would not suffice at all it would no longer be crossdressing and in any case womens pants are so much more comfortable than mens as are panties .
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 10-31-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Yes, I would still Cross-Dress, as those would still be MALE clothes even though they are a little different.-----There would be NO sexuality or "Escape" association with them, so I would not get the desired psychological effects

I... huh, I dunno. I hadn't thought about it. I know one of the battle cries of the crossdresser is "Why is it when women wear pants its fine, but if a man wears a dress its weird?!?!" but the reality there is that the pants were bought in the womens' section, and are tailored and cut to fit a woman. (As I dip my toes into the clothing side of things, I've noticed that its closer to the truth to say they're tailored to fit ONE woman, since sizing on the ladies' side of things is all over the place.)

There are already companies out there that make lingerie for men. Apres Noir, XDress, a few others. Looks feminine, but cut for a man's physique. That said, if things were... progressing on a date, and the man took his shirt off to reveal a pink satin and lace XDress.com bra and he said "oh, don't worry, its for men" it still wouldn't go down well. So ironically, even if you're sportin' a feminine looking garment that is specifically made for a man, you're still crossdressing in the eyes of society.

So that's a bit weird.

If we lived in some utopian star-trekkie like reality where nobody judged anyone and humanity all got along, and all types of clothing were made for all types of people, I'd probably wear the men's "cut" of the feminine stuff purely for the sake of fitting better, but as others have pointed out at that point its just dressing and no longer crossdressing.
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

I went back and forth on answering this question, and what seemed like an easy reply to start, turned into a big contemplation. Ultimately the answer is "Yes".

Starting with the basics.... I think it's probably safe to say the vast majority here underdress, and there's just really no substitute for the panty (even the boyshorts). As has already been pointed out, you can make men's underwear with the same materials, and the same colors as women's panties, but the way the material is cut to fit the feminine form, well...that just make the garment what it is. VS Pink currently has a panty that looks like a men's "Y-front", but it's still cut to fit the feminine form, and therefore makes it more attractive than if a male version of it were offered. This same aspect translates to female specific clothing, like dresses, skirts, blouses and leggings and shoes, and on, and on. If someone were to make a dress using chiffon and lace, but cutting and sewing the material to fit the male physique, it just wouldn't be the same.

I know there are widely varying degrees of crossdressing and transgender personification, and I think each of us have developed a feminine entity within ourselves, to which we then mold into a tangible form with a personality. It's the depth and granularity of that personality that is then translated outward through clothing, wigs, makeup, mannerisms, voice and body alterations, and finally, the ultimate translation of SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by LingerieLuvr View Post
    If someone were to make a dress using chiffon and lace, but cutting and sewing the material to fit the male physique, it just wouldn't be the same.
    Well, to a point though. One of the absolute most feminine items of clothing on the face of the planet has to be... the wedding gown. Most women will buy an off-the-rack one, and have it tailored to fit their bodies. Others will have a custom made gown. Either way though - the garment is being altered (or created) specifically to fit their measurements.

So lets say a crossdresser who dreams of wearing a gown goes to David's Bridal in search of "the one", tries a bunch on but doesn't settle on a particular dress. Said crossdresser then visits a dressmaker the sales associate said made her wedding dress. Dressmaker shows them some photos, one of which is absolutely stunning. It's the ONE. Dressmaker takes the measurements, and says come back in a fortnight for a fitting. Fitting happens, adjustments are made, and after a while they get a call saying their dress is ready. They come down, are presented with the garment bag and are helped into it and...

...then realizes that they don't want it, because even though its using the same materials, it ended up being cut and sewn for a man and therefore no longer the same?
    Bearded, hairy, beer-chugging, truck-drivin', wife lovin' manly man...
    ...sometimes in lingerie and heels, and occasionally a cute dress. MIAD 4 life!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I wear panties and stuff for the taboo, thrill, naughtiness and kinkiness. There are companies that sell lingerie designed for men. I dont understand that. Why would you want to buy that? Takes all the fun away. Why buy mantyhose when you can buy silky reflections?

Banned Read only
    The differences between men's and women's clothing is more than colors and fabric choices.

If men's running shoes had the variety and style of women's, I'd likely own some men's running shoes. I don't have or care a lot about clothing style, except for my running shoes and yoga pants. They have to look good.

Banned Spammer
    Right on Bobbi and Roberta

They would never be the same and they would still be men's clothing.
    Years ago someone made something called Man-T-Hose with a pouch in the front. How gross...I'll stay with my Silk Reflections.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasmann View Post
    If men's running shoes had the variety and style of women's, I'd likely own some men's running shoes. I don't have or care a lot about clothing style, except for my running shoes and yoga pants. They have to look good.
    I have had trouble finding comfortable running shoes for most of my life. I have a very wide foot, and I also have a fused ankle. I have some Asics size 13 in white with bright pink and bright mint green stripes. They fit me like a glove, and the gel sole makes walking much easier for me. I walk 2 miles on the treadmill every morning in my workout capris, sports bra, and racerback top. The comfort of the sneakers makes it much easier. I have 3 or 4 pairs of men's sneakers, over a dozen women's. The fit and comfort is better across the board for me with women's
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Spammer
    Kim pretty much nailed it.
    To a CDer it is all about the clothes but to a trans person its not the clothes its about being complete.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Great question! Its always been a complaint of mine that mens stuff seems to be so drab; I think if there were more choices, Id probably do 50/50 CD/menswear.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Kim pretty much nailed it.
    To a CDer it is all about the clothes but to a trans person its not the clothes its about being complete.
    It is also possible the CDer is actually in a state of denial as to his sexual identity. Funny it may be accepted that a person loves intimate contact with his or her own sex as with the opposite sex, yet, a man cannot feel drawn to expressing himself as needed in a male or female way?

Hello. I would still crossdress. To me its more than just the clothes. One reason I am here is to learn, express and share all the feelings and thoughts I have about all this.

Platinum Member
    Before my wife entered into our deep DADT she bought male undershorts which were silky and were colorful and had designs. It did not work. I still viewed them as male underwear. I think there is probably some biological twist to colors. In the animal kingdom there is an entire set of rituals and plumage to attract mates. I cannot envision a day when men and women wear the same clothing. Days of Adam and Eve fig leaves are long gone. I have given up trying to self analyze myself. I have to fall back on the notion espoused by a counselor who states it is her belief men and women to varying degrees have dna of the opposite sex in their genes. In some it is greater than others. I think clothing is a way to express oneself. If it was not clothing it would be something else.