Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you still CD if men had more clothing choices

Would you still CD if men had more clothing choices

This is aimed at the MIADs but welcome all comments. One of the reasons I CD is because I am jealous of all the choices of fabrics, colors, and styles women get to choose from. If men had the same variety would you still CD? I probably would still wear skirts and dresses still. On the other hand if clothing options were more universal would it still be "cross" dressing?

Silver Member
    It wouldn't be crossdressing anymore, it would just be dressing. But I'd still be swimming in the ladies side of the pool. There will always be a male/female binary of some sort, where masculine females are lauded and feminine males are denigrated. That's the nature of toxic masculinity, which isn't going to even diminish in my lifetime.

I'm not a MIAD but since it wouldn't be considered crossdressing anymore it would just mean that my day to day wardrobe would greatly increase in size and scope.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If men's clothing somehow magically became more colorful and the fabric changed it would still be men's clothes.
    I have no desire to wear clothes made for men no matter what they look like.
    If they were marketed as men's clothes it would not be cross dressing would it? Think before asking questions like that.

Of course I would simply put colourful clothes for men would still be for men cut to fit men, buttons and zips on the right side for men but not for women so buying those clothes would not suffice at all it would no longer be crossdressing and in any case womens pants are so much more comfortable than mens as are panties .
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 10-31-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I wear panties and stuff for the taboo, thrill, naughtiness and kinkiness. There are companies that sell lingerie designed for men. I dont understand that. Why would you want to buy that? Takes all the fun away. Why buy mantyhose when you can buy silky reflections?

Banned Read only
    The differences between men's and women's clothing is more than colors and fabric choices.

If men's running shoes had the variety and style of women's, I'd likely own some men's running shoes. I don't have or care a lot about clothing style, except for my running shoes and yoga pants. They have to look good.

Banned Spammer
    Right on Bobbi and Roberta

They would never be the same and they would still be men's clothing.
    Years ago someone made something called Man-T-Hose with a pouch in the front. How gross...I'll stay with my Silk Reflections.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hello. I would still crossdress. To me its more than just the clothes. One reason I am here is to learn, express and share all the feelings and thoughts I have about all this.

Platinum Member
    Before my wife entered into our deep DADT she bought male undershorts which were silky and were colorful and had designs. It did not work. I still viewed them as male underwear. I think there is probably some biological twist to colors. In the animal kingdom there is an entire set of rituals and plumage to attract mates. I cannot envision a day when men and women wear the same clothing. Days of Adam and Eve fig leaves are long gone. I have given up trying to self analyze myself. I have to fall back on the notion espoused by a counselor who states it is her belief men and women to varying degrees have dna of the opposite sex in their genes. In some it is greater than others. I think clothing is a way to express oneself. If it was not clothing it would be something else.

A few years ago this CDing thing was putting a big strain on my marriage.
    I tried to convince myself that maybe I could dress and groom myself better in male mode and find it satisfying.

I couldn't get myself to even look at mens clothing. The most I do is shave and gel my hair sometimes.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasmann View Post
    If men's running shoes had the variety and style of women's, I'd likely own some men's running shoes. I don't have or care a lot about clothing style, except for my running shoes and yoga pants. They have to look good.
    I have had trouble finding comfortable running shoes for most of my life. I have a very wide foot, and I also have a fused ankle. I have some Asics size 13 in white with bright pink and bright mint green stripes. They fit me like a glove, and the gel sole makes walking much easier for me. I walk 2 miles on the treadmill every morning in my workout capris, sports bra, and racerback top. The comfort of the sneakers makes it much easier. I have 3 or 4 pairs of men's sneakers, over a dozen women's. The fit and comfort is better across the board for me with women's
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Spammer
    Kim pretty much nailed it.
    To a CDer it is all about the clothes but to a trans person its not the clothes its about being complete.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Great question! Its always been a complaint of mine that mens stuff seems to be so drab; I think if there were more choices, Id probably do 50/50 CD/menswear.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm NOT gay. Why would I want to dress like a gay man?

I'd prefer to dress as a gay woman!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

In a word, Yes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think you're ignoring the fact that men nowadays do have more clothing choices now than when a lot of us started out.

Back in the day, the only option a man had was a suit, or overalls if they were the laboring type.

In spite of all these additional clothing options, we still dress, because crossdressing entails wearing clothing assigned to the opposite sex, regardless of the clothing options that are available to us at any given time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I would still seek out truly feminine clothes no matter how feminine the male clothing might appear.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Kim pretty much nailed it.
    To a CDer it is all about the clothes but to a trans person its not the clothes its about being complete.
    It is also possible the CDer is actually in a state of denial as to his sexual identity. Funny it may be accepted that a person loves intimate contact with his or her own sex as with the opposite sex, yet, a man cannot feel drawn to expressing himself as needed in a male or female way?

I was checking out the women exiting our local railway station yesterday.
    I would say that at least 80% of them were wearing clothing that was drab and dreary; not what I would describe as feminine at all!
    'Unisex' was the word that came to mind.
    Even their shoes tended to consist mainly of sneakers.

What am I trying to say?

For me, it is the lingerie, which I love to wear as a crossdresser.
    Who knows, under their drab overcoats and poorly-fitting trousers and jeans, many of these women could well have been wearing a fabulously lacy and racy bra, stockings and suspenders.
    I know I was, unbeknown to them.

I love to wear skirts, dresses, pantyhose, high heels and of course panties. I also love make up and nail polish. If they would make those things for men and wearing them would be widely accepted, I probably wouldn't have to crossdress. I would just wear men's versions of those things every day instead of doing it in secret as now. But on the other hand, sometimes it's exciting "to be a woman" so, who knows. But would definitely do it less often than now.

hello Amanda Sophy,
    My answer to your question is a definite YES, though I hope that in those future enlightened times it would just be called "dressing" !!
    luv J

It does not matter how much you feminise mens clothing they will stilll be for men, therefore there would be no advantage to buy them. I for one would not feel I was in the least feminine, the feminine side I have would be pushed to one side by doing so not good!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman