Thread: An unplanned day to dress

An unplanned day to dress

First time in months that I had a day to get Christine out and about. Went looking for that perfect holiday dress. It?s like prom time for my age group. First off to the box stores. Went into the dressing room with probably 12 dresses to try on. What fun, although my wig needed some serious work afterwards. I enjoy walking out to the big mirror and getting the 360 look and having conversations with the other women.
    Then to the nearest dress barn or what ever they have morphed into. I love when they start a room and write my name on the door and periodically ask if everything is going well. Sometimes you just need help with a zipper. Here, more than in the box stores do I have conversations with the other women. We all discuss each other?s potential purchases and what would go with it. It is an altogether affirming experience.

Then into a shoe store where they didn?t have a great selection of larger sizes. But, was mammed as I left making it a good stop.
    A quick stop at a fast food establishment on the way home where I made eye contact with the girl at the register and received the warmest smile.

Just another wonderful day living life!

Sounds like a great day out and about. So, did you find a dress?

Christie,

Sounds wonderful. A tonic for the soul perhaps?

I know what you mean about interacting with those around you. Aren't folks nice.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I didn’t make any purchases but found some possibilities. With almost all of November to look, I didn’t want to rush things. And, of course, I really don’t have any venue to wear it, so whatever I found would just end up in the closet. I am not at a place where showing up in a party dress would be all that acceptable. But I do enjoy the search.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. It's nice to get that much needed girl time. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Christie, I totally agree that a bonus day is one to savor. And I have done exactly the same thing while shopping in the last week - lots of trying on, but no purchases yet. The Dress Barn SAs are wonderful to chat with, I got compliments on my own coat and on the party dress I tried on, plus some nice conversation overall.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Sounds like a wonderful experience.