Thread: thrift store trip in SD

thrift store trip in SD

I went to the thrift store to look for a mans sport coat. I went in drab but as soon as I entered I spied one of us. She looked good and probably passed to most I had to do a 2nd look. It was just my transdar kicking in. BUt I thought how strange it is for me to go into a thrift store and not be looking for womens cloths. Well, I found the jacket and then thought might as well cruise the womens rack. Found a great purple blouse that I had to have but nothing else. I cruised a bunch of thrift shops yesterday looking for a formal mens jacket and I was surprised how little mens clothing there was but lots of womens. SO I pursued those racks to but found nothing that would fit except the purple blouse They'll be a photo of it next week and I'll cruise the thrift stores more often. As Sallee. It was a fun shopping trip and only detected one CD and me of course.

If any of us here is SAn Diego was in the Discover store on Pt Loma you looked good and blended beautifully I just pickup on fellow sisters. PM me its always fun to meet other SD girls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Men tend to hang on to their clothes for years. Women have to keep up with trends so tend to cycle through clothes faster, which would be why you had trouble finding men’s stuff.

I loooove thrifting especially in the valley. gorgeous clothes barely worn make up my wardrobe.Never a side eye or rude clerk in Eugene thrift shops. Now the mall...GRRRR! I went all quantumbitch on a dried prune of a clerk in Macy's women's apparel (as my lady love laughed her ass off) but had a most glorious makeover at the Mac store there. All the major thrift stores in Eugene have special boutiques for nicer clothing, my lady fair and I go browsing as a get away from tiny town as often as we can.

sorry forgot all about the other SD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Darn...San Diego. I thought you meant South Dakota!
    I thought the same thing. I have never bought mens clothes at a thrift store, only womens.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Me too...
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Aspiring Member
    Yes. American abbreviations do not travel and are open to misinterpretation. Others are just ambiguous. SIL could be son in law or sister in law unless there is more information.

For as long as i can remember, i have bought most of my clothes both types at thrift stores, and now Ebay/ Always fun. I buy a wide variety of things in thrift or charity stores. Low prices!

That is a nice thrift store with a lot of choices.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

My best thrft store find was this summer in Grand Junction CO. I found a thrift store with a whole rack of woman's full brief panties in size ten all new with the tags attached for 2.99 each 30% off. I bought all the patterned VF panties, all the lorraine and Shadowline. I left some JC Penney adonna and Cozy Comforts.

I can't resist a bargain.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

My best thrft store find was this summer in Grand Junction CO. I found a thrift store with a whole rack of woman's full brief panties in size ten all new with the tags attached for 2.99 each 30% off. I bought all the patterned VF panties, all the lorraine and Shadowline. I left some JC Penney adonna and Cozy Comforts.

I can't resist a bargain.

I have found some wonderful dresses, skirts and blouses in GoodWill stores in the past. I'm hoping to find other thrift stores to shop from.