Thread: So I met my new Mary Kay rep's husband today--it went well

So I met my new Mary Kay rep's husband today--it went well

I had an appointment to meet my new Mary Kay rep today at her home. That was where our original consultation meeting occurred. She did a great job giving me a color match and gave me the products I was looking for. I had a follow-up appointment to pick up a few items, and I was about 5 minutes early. Her husband was out in the front lawn with another man-- a friend or neighbor I'd guess. She wasn't home yet and honestly, my heart dropped a bit at the prospect of meeting him in fear of how he might react to me.

I was very honest to her about who I was and she was very helpful. I just wasn't sure how hubby would react to me. I feared a cold shoulder or worst case some scorn. I'm happy to say that he was very accepting and helpful. I offered to just wait in the car until she got home, but he invited me into the home and tried to help me find my order. He was very helpful, but wasn't quite able to locate my exact order. I thanked him a couple of times for trying to help me. She arrived a few minutes later and all was good.

Anyway, I thought this was worth sharing. I felt accepted and that's a great thing.

I'm glad it went so well for you. It's wonderful to be accepted like that. I hope you enjoy your new products!

Leelou, unless the man is an idiot, he knows how his wife makes a living. Why would he be anything less than nice.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

those moments of acceptance are so warming and welcome. The least kind word, a minor compliment, simply being non-judgmentally polite in daily situations. they are the carrot that makes me work harder on being the joyous woman I wish to be and the lift lasts sometimes days

Silver Member
    In all likelihood, you weren't the first CD customer of his wife that he's met. He knows enough to respect her business and not mess it up.

Silver Member
    Maybe he's also a CDer. His wife could supply all the makeup.