Thread: I went shopping for new shoes at Dillards while fully dressed yesterday

I went shopping for new shoes at Dillards while fully dressed yesterday

Hi all,
    I needed some more shoes so I went fully dressed to Dillards, and it was a great experience. My assistant was very supportive and kept telling me how much she liked my dress which is below the knee and made of light beige colored crochet, so I wanted to matching nude color shoes. We found some open toe shoes that are very cute, and I ended up wearing them out of the store since they matched my outfit so well. I was very happy. Now for the down side. They felt comfortable at first, but I have only used heels up to 3 inches, and these are 3.5 inches. By the time I got home, OMG did my feet hurt. It's so disappointing to get such nice shoes only to not be able to wear them. I suspect many of you have run into the same problem.

PS. This is my first post other than my very, very long intro which I just posted - nice to be here.

Sandi

I usually wear 3" heel stilletoes and my wife bought me some 3 1/2 heels and I struggled at first so I wore them at home till I got used to them

Silver Member
    Congratulations. I am proud of you and anyone who gets out there dressed, discovers the world to be a friendly place and then shares with the rest of us. There are still a lot who are held back by their own fears and need your positive stories.

I love that you engaged the sales staff and found them supportive. My experience tells me that most of them not only tolerate crossdressers, they enjoy helping us find our personal style and getting dressed up right.

It's great that you found shoes you love. I'm sorry your feet hate them. I think they will be more comfortable after you've worn them a few more times, for you to get more practice in higher heels but also for the shoes to get formed to your feet.This also shows the value of shopping in person rather than online. The only way a purchase is worthwhile is if it works on YOU, so walking the store a couple of times is essential to avoid big mistakes.

Keep it up and keep sharing.

This sounds like a fun adventure! With the current boundaries of being dressed only at home, that is an adventure that I am looking forward to someday. When shopping for myself, I am always dressed in man mode. I never hide the fact that my selection is for me, and I have never had any issues with SAs being any less than wanting to help. I am jealous that you, and many others here, can walk into a shoe department and walk out with a lovely pair of shoes. You should see some of the looks that I have gotten when I have asked if they had this in a size 14. The looks are really quite comical. The same looks are repeated when asked if they have anything in a size 14. Oh well, at least I can make a pair of lady's jeans look good!

Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. The more you wear them, the higher you will go!!

Sandi I have no idea it they work but I saw on line (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POXj7howf1M) inserts that help you wear heels longer with less pain.

I think they are just too tight, as in too small. The largest size they had in stock was an 11, but I really need a 12. Even so, sometimes I fit OK in size 11 if I get open toe shoes, which I like very much since I can see my painted nails that way. Don't ask me why but I absolutely love the copper colored metallic nail polish I have on my toes now. It looks great next to the nude colored shoes at least in my mind. I have gotten a lot of complements on what I wear. Even last night, girls came up to me to say they liked my outfit. It's very flattering. I feel like when I get a complement, it not only says they like how YOU look in it, but it also says they approve of your taste. And something about getting approval for your taste in clothing somehow adds to the enjoyment.

Thanks all for replying