Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoping out tall women

Scoping out tall women

Today I was at an event and there were lots of moms and dads there with kids. All quite engrossed in working on their project with their child. At some point, I noticed this woman that was pretty tall. She was not out of place at all and I almost missed that she was quite tall. Of course I wondered just how tall she was. I found it difficult to estimate, although she was taller that many of the nearby men. So at one point as she stood against a display, I noted exactly where she came up to a certain mark on it. Later I made my way to this spot and put myself against this mark. This woman was about 6' 1" tall. Taller than me. I had checked her shoes too, and it was just a std sole.

I do this because I like to see that tall women do exist, and they blend right in. I guess it gives me hope that if I got to the point of getting out there, I might not be out of place either. Of course it didn't hurt that she had all the proportions of a 30 year old woman, and was pretty good looking, but hey, I am forever hopeful of my blending some day.

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

I have a daughter who is 6'2" and no she does not play basketball!!!!! When people ask her if she plays basketball she smiles and replies "No I do not. Since you are shorter than me do you play miniature golf?"

I'm always impressed by really tall women. It's comforting to know that I might not be seen as a freak if I'm out dressed in feminine attire.

I think society in general is taller today, which of course includes women. I love to see a 5'10" woman in 4 inch heels!!! and you see more and more of it. It's a beautiful thing.

My younger sister is a quarter inch shy of six feet tall. By comparison I’m petite at five feet six inches.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Aspiring Member
    I too am tall and use the miniature golf reply when asked that question.

Yep seeing how taller women fit into a crowd is enlightening. We, and of course I'm generalising, being that bit taller can find comfort in that they merge into the background and don't stand out like watchtowers.

I also came to the conclusion a while ago that the clothes I wear fit me. No arms poking out of sleeves that are too short, buttons straining to hold a blouse closed. Ok, they're at the larger size end, UK 18, but nevertheless they're womens clothes and the fit me just the same as they would on a GG. The logic is therefore that l'm not that different in shape and proportion, especially with all my padding and forms, as a GG of my height standing next to me. If fact most women who wear size 18 tend to be shorter than me so isn't it possible I look that bit more elegant, better propotioned than they do?

Not wishing to move the post away from it's initial premise but I think there's an important point to be reinforced here. Dress appropriately and it's not difficult for us to blend into the background in the same way as these taller GG's do. Once you realise you don't immediately stand out in a crowd it's much easier to relax and in doing so further enhance the ability to hide in plain sight.

Banned Read only
    I agree with Helen. I'm careful to dress with clothes that don't draw attention to my 6' height

I also like to watch for celebrities. I never thought twice about Golden Girl Bea Arthur for many years but recently checked and she is 5' 10" Allison Jenny from West Wing is 6' There are many famous tall woman and unless you are really looking most people wouldn't notice.

My "problem" is that have wide shoulders. Nice when presenting as a guy. Challenging as a woman.

I also pay attention to taller women, and agree that there are many attractive, and quite feminine, tall women. Most carry themselves with confidence. I do like to see how they are dressed and often admire their clothing. One thing I would point out, though, is that as tall women do still garner more attention in general, a tall t-girl is also likely to draw more looks. Nancy

I have two daughters who are 5'11". My buddies girlfriend is over 6'. I don't feel out of place dressed as women because I'm tall, its because of how I move.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am six foot six, and basically seven foot tall in my 5 inch heels and wig! I stand out like a scarecrow or watchtower, when out, big feet size 16 womens, huge hands. I very seldom see tall women in my small town midwest area. It seems like munchkin land here! Iam 65, have always been very attracted to tall women, but never dated a really tall GG. I was rejected by many women over six feet, too, and they married men shorter than them. Of course, me being lower income. blue collar, lacking confidence, and emotionally damaged, from family abuse and picke d on didn't help matters any. I know in the larger cities, there are far more tall women. The women i am friends with here are all elderly and short. I missed out! So, i dress up in high heels as Alice, the super tall long legged lady i never had, but am, occasionally. Like she is my wife!! I once wanted to date a six foot two beautiful farmer's daughter who lived just a mile and a half from me, but at that time, i was really a messed up nonconfident "loser", and i do not blame womaen for avoiding me. It has taken me many decades to become somewhat differnt, with a little confidence, but now, in my senior years, lament never having a chance with tall women, or shorter women for that matter.. I wish GGs would have more compassion on men who have been through abuse and are damaged, yet kind and honest. I am kind of marred to Alice, though. The way the climate is now between the sexes, and the unreal expectations, and distrust and hostility, I may well be thankful I am single and never married, though. Only my self to argue with. Peace and quiet.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 11-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.

You know every runway model is at least 5’10” right? There are lots of tall women out there, so don’t let that stop you.

My sister is 6'. I have a tall cousin that puts us all to shame at 6'6", she wears a men's size 14 boot.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    I do this because I like to see that tall women do exist, and they blend right in.
    It is interesting you say tall women blend in when it is obvious you observed the woman. Obviously, her height attracts a second look. Her height is out of the customary height of the vast majority of women. I think it is another case of observing and not saying anything. It has nothing to do with "blending." When I was six foot two my height did attract a lot of women's interest. I was also 175 pounds of lean muscle. A lot of other guys were short and dumpy. Too much beer and pizza. I do venture forth in the evenings for a drive and stroll. I know I will attract a second and third look. My height and weight ratio is still good for a man, but, not so to pass as a woman. If one checks the progression of average height and weight in the United States the increase in weight far exceeds the increase in height. Poor nutrition and the influence of genetics on height.

There are tall women in my family who are over six foot, and, one under five foot. Except for my son (six foot four) I tower over everyone else. If I was five foot six I'd be out and about all the time.

Pumped, send those tall ladies my way! In small town area i live in, there is only one tall lady, and she is married.

Funny you bring this up. I was just at a college football game at my alma-mater and I started noticing lots of tall college age girls. I mean 6 ft and over! They were tall, but didn?t really seem to stand out in any other way, which as a tall cross dresser myself, I think I tend to pick up on this a little more that others, I think. Anyway, I am quite sure they were not all on the college basketball, or volleyball teams, so I believe most were just average college gals. The one thing I really seemed to notice most about them was the fact that nearly all had long hair tied back in a ponytail. Think I was feeling a bit of jealousy to be honest. -Meg

I get it that at colleges and big cities, there are far more tall women, mostly young ones. In small town USA, there are very few, especially around my age 65. The ones there are,are all married with families. I have seen some very tall youngster ladies, though.

Height is not the only 'tell' that we aren't women. As above, it's just the initial thing that draws the attention, then the other clues give us away. In mere seconds, they know that we're likely not what we seem to be, and then the search for further discrepancies ensues; big feet, big hands, big shoulders, big ears, fake hair, 5 O'clock shadow, brow bar, gait, mannerisms, Adam's apple, and of course, voice.
    99% won't pass or blend. People generally know what we are. And once noticed, many are actively aware that we are in their presence somewhere in the vicinity.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

One of the high points that provided encouragement to me about going out and about occurred a number of year ago when I dressed completely (alright! almost completely--I forgot my earrings) and drove 60 mi into Manhattan with the idea that I'd go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I found a parking space on a side street and walk to the museum entrance which is up a grand granite staircase. As I neared the doors, several tall women converged to form a group just in front of me. I'm 5'10.5" and each of the young women was at least 5" taller than I was. Maybe I passed as their manager. Ha! as I entered the museum right behind them. I assume they were a visiting women's b-ball team and I fit right in except that my b-ball skills rather suck. They also were wearing slacks whereas I was in a below the knee skirt.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I see lots of tall women out there. I even dated 2 that were 6"+!

One thing I remember about all of them is, they ALL looked like women!

In or out of their clothes!

By the way, Traci? I wasn't aware shoes could catch std's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yep, big cities have many tall women, but not many in small towns, at least where i have lived. It seems the tall women go to the big cities to model and go to colleges. They leave the small towns where i have been. I would say the average height of women in my town, is five foot three, and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    It is interesting you say tall women blend in when it is obvious you observed the woman. Obviously, her height attracts a second look. Her height is out of the customary height of the vast majority of women. I think it is another case of observing and not saying anything. It has nothing to do with "blending." .
    Stephanie I know you think she might not have blended as I of course noted her. But I am on the lookout for tall woman. Just something I like to note. In actuality, she was there for some time before I even noticed her, so I think she did blend at least to some degree. I do agree that tall women generally grab peoples attention, but she sure did not stick out like a sore thumb. Ah, but alas I doubt any of us have her figure :~)

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

I feel there's a something in us that seeks out taller women, looking to that validation that if they're that tall and don't instantly stand out then we can feel that bit more confident in our presentation and our ability to blend into the background.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hwy...like Micki said.....most of the "Runway Supermodels" who make $millions are at least 5'10" so evidently tall girls are attractive.

At 6?1? and under 150 pounds I have a passable physique. The problem I have is finding sleeves that are long enough to cover my chimpanzee arms and pants legs that go down all the way. When ever I see a tall woman, nicely dressed of close enough proportions, my urge is to ask them where they shop for their clothes. Not being one to originate conversations, I don?t want to come across as creepy.