Thread: Big Steps! Told family and friends. My Journey update for 2019!!

Big Steps! Told family and friends. My Journey update for 2019!!

I had to post about this update. otherwise it was about to drive me crazy.

My journey this far has been absolutely incredible. I don't Express it much cause that's just me. But, This year alone, has been a Tremendous year for me as a crossdresser and for me in the drag scene. Even though I started when I was In my early teenage years. And then completely came out to my wife back in February of this year. Joined this forum back in June. Soon after, I broke the ice on shopping for female clothes and everything else related. Studied others Good advice seriously. Developed friendships here, and Made friends with more than 4 shops here in town. I also have had 2 huge outings dressed head to toe. Told some friends about my journey. Everything has gone well. My wife and I have gotten much tighter than we have in a longtime due to our passionate love for makeup. For those still new, you Have to still remember to carry that balance so your partner doesn't get overwhelmed. There's a time and place for everything and we make it work. She's accepted everything for who I am and for that alone, I am very fortunate. I now have a whole entire wardrobe for Kaylin and my Male self. I also have gotten tighter within the drag community as well. That's been going well. I don't talk about that much on here. Cause it's a different scene. But that's all good. (Those that don't know I also am in the drag scene). This weekend though was a big one for me. Some of my close family now knows I am a cd and in drag. The initial response was nerve racking but they accept me for who I am and that will never change anything going forward. It was Huge actually for me. My parents will know soon, but this part of my family it was very important for me to tell them. These people are my closest so far. I was definitely prepared for the worst. it worked out. Also another thing I wanted to bring up. Those of you I met here on the forum and have kept in contact with you on here. I LOVE THAT!! Theres some good folks on here with great advice. Keep an open ear to them. (Theres also a few flakey ones) but we won't go there lol anyways that's my update so far. My move officially finally starts in 3 weeks exactly. Moving twice in 3 months. Should be fun. Much love everyone hope you all had a great weekend. And keep touch ladies!! I am very grateful!
    And my journey rolls on...
    *hugs*
    My 3rd and final outing (not my last one ever. Just for this current area) will be next friday evening. Have new pics then.

Much love,
    Kaylin

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    OK just keep us posted on all the new developments along the way.
    Pics lots of pics !!!!

Thank you Tracii I definitely will hon. And thank you for everything you've helped me with since I been here. You and Micki Finn hold a special place in my heart.

Hi Kaylin,

Wow, it sounds like you've had an incredible year! I'm glad to hear your coming out has gone so well this far and I hope that trend continues when you tell your parents. Thanks for sharing your story.

Elizabeth

Having the support and acceptance from the ones closest to you makes all the difference in the world. So glad that your revelation was accepted. Having a place where I can explore this side of me with my wife and our closest friends has made a huge difference in accepting myself.

We'll be anticipating a progress report!

Kaylin, you have moved very fast and with remarkable success. It sounds like you have really found yourself and are living it to the fullest. Having a supportive wife is a huge plus. For most of us having that is little more than a dream. Your wife must be a very special person and I suspect a part of it is that you two respect each other and your individuality. I have been married for 50 years. Unfortunately, there is a great deal of accumulated baggage from the past that tends to color our relationship and creates unproductive reactions to certain changes we each desire. Keep on the track you two are going on - you will not regret it years or decades from now. I admire the younger folks and feel they may be more successful in the long run without so many deeply seated beliefs that were pounded into us back in the 1950s. Looking back, that was a terrible time. Men were men and women were meek, compliant, and miserable. Actually, the men were miserable too, but they were too proud and dominating to admit it. I think you younger folks are taking a much more thoughtful approach.

Great story you have. Keep the updates coming. It is fascinating.

Such great news! I am so happy for you! Best wishes with the parents! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Kaylin,

Wow, now that is really cool that you have such an accepting wife. I am envious. It sounds like you have your head in the right place - balance. I am not one to give advice, but it makes sense to seek out that perfect balance where you are both comfortable.
    I am new to the forum but not new to crossdressing. I really wish I could share it with my wife. I think that is great that you can.

Sandi

Thank you all so much. I will keep everyone in the loop as time goes on. I am very lucky that my wife is who she is. And that we have the kind of relationship that we do as far as being open minded goes. She didn't want kaylin shoved in a closet, so I'm Very grateful! I can't imagine being in the 50's an how rough things were especially when it comes down to stuff like this in general. I will keep you all updated as this move approaches. (MOVING SUCKS LOL). Thanks again ladies!!
    *hugs*

Kaylin, congratulations! I am very happy for you, and your story will join the others that give me hope!

Thank you ladies it was a post I definitely had to share. My progress from February until now is day and night. Never let the fear kill what it is you want to do to progress and be in comfort. Fear is a mind killer
    Last edited by Kaylin; 11-04-2019 at 05:28 PM.