Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tongue in cheek on this one girls

Tongue in cheek on this one girls

Plenty of husbands do hobbies that their wives dislike for many reasons so i was thinking maybe if the world looked at cding as a hobby then we would get away with it, lets face it hobbies you do from time to time and crossdressing we do from time to time and also wives arent there when you do your hobbies so if they know when your going femme they go out shopping win win! No issue! Dont forget girls tongue in cheek lol x

Aspiring Member
    As I've said before, it is s hobby for me

If it is just a hobby then you should have no problem giving it up and finding another one.

Banned Read only
    Jean has a good point.

It's NOT a hobby for me it's a way of life.

Aspiring Member
    I can give it up. Why does that matter to you?

Crossdressing is a hobby...I wish. Much more than that. I always ask myself if I could have chosen to be a crossdresser theanswer would have been a definate NO!!!!.

Unfortunately I had no choice in the decision. x

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    I can give it up. Why does that matter to you?
    No need for the attitude Paulie. Jean was just asking a valid question. x

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

No need for the attitude Paulie. Jean was just asking a valid question. x
    I don't see a question mark in Jean's statement. I read Jean telling me to stop dressing bc I have a different point of view than him.

I'm with Roberta on this.
    It's definitely NOT a hobby. This is who I am, how I feel and how I wish to live. That's not a hobby, it's a so much more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I do have a stamp collection. And a coin collection. And, I build plastic military models. Truly hobbies in my book which does not get any push back from my wife. I think you're going to have to ask the wives whether or not they consider wearing women's clothing a hobby. A spouse may spend too much money or devote too much time to a hobby. It can take up too much room. Yet, there seems to be something different about collecting women's clothing and wearing them. Oh, I am building a collection of my favorite styles of Vanity Fair panties which I will probably never wear.

Wearing women's attire is definitely not a hobby. It is a way to express an integral part of my inner self.

I do agree with Vicki. If a had a choice whether or not to wear women's clothing and further emulate a woman I would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    I don't see a question mark in Jean's statement. I read Jean telling me to stop dressing bc I have a different point of view than him.
    I really think that you are pretty rude calling Jean HIM in your response. Have some respect for other members Paulie. X

I don't get this attitude where a hobby is just some frivolous activity. I've been playing musical instruments almost my entire life. I spend a lot more time playing music than I do crossdressing. I can't imagine life without music. Music forms a much bigger part of my identity than gender. If you take away all my musical instruments, I still hear music in my head 24/7. But, it's "just a hobby" since I don't and never have played professionally. I rarely even perform in public. So when someone says that something is a hobby, I figure it must be very important to them.

Erm before everyone gets the daggers out too far perhaps it's worth reminding ourselves of the question; ""maybe if the world looked at cding as a hobby then we would get away with it, ". It's hypothetical, a what if. Yes it may already be a hobby for a few but we all know it is a few.

Emma was postulating that if CD'ing was viewed say in the same way as dressing up in old military uniforms and re-enacting past battles which seems to be a good analogy, then would the world have a different view of what we do?

"Oh my husbands into current ladies fashion". "He's an avid collector, goodness knows how much he spends". "I can never get him out of his wardrobe". "Goes through more pairs of stockings than you can point a stick at", "Still, keeps him out of my way". "Means I can get on with servicing my Harley".
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

(Tongue firmly in my cheek!)
    Stevie, you are correct.
    And if your SO objects to your favourite pastime, there is even more reason to call it a hobby.

Fortunately, my wife doesn't object to my CDing. She doesn't completely understand it but she's willing to play along with my dressing hobby since it seems important to me. She objects to my musical sensibilities more often since she's a "real" musician and I am a mere amateur.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The solution is don't get married or have a GF. Problem solved.
    This is why hypothetical questions I usually try stay away from.
    Hypothetical questions have no answer so they seem like a waste of time.
    Perhaps the one asking is trying to justify their actions because the SO doesn't approve and they don't have the guts to stand up for themselves and say I enjoy this hobby.
    For me its not a hobby its who I am.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-05-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Patato, potato. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

U can call what u do "macaroni". But, that won't change the way folks feel about it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

hello Emma,
    collecting and wearing women's clothes does look a bit like a hobby - for me it is not something that I do all the time and it is a leisure activity that gives pleasure. But, unlike my other hobbies I cannot live without it for too long without getting withdrawal symptoms.
    luv J

Do they sell panties at Hobby Lobby now?? Cool!

If it was a hobby, I'd be dressing more often.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    A hobby is a regular activity done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time, not professionally and not for pay. Hobbies include collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports, or pursuing other amusements. Participation in hobbies encourages acquiring substantial skills and knowledge in that area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby

This is a partial list of hobbies. A hobby is an activity, interest, enthusiasm, or pastime that is undertaken for pleasure or relaxation, done during one's own time. This list includes only recognized hobbies that have been the subject of published discussions or that have organized membership associations.

Acting
    Blogging
    Cabaret
    Clothesmaking
    Collecting
    Cosplaying
    Dance
    Fashion
    Fashion design
    Makeup
    Nail Art
    Photography
    Reading
    Sewing
    Thrifting
    Video editing
    Writing
    Shopping
    Perfume (collecting)
    Shoes (collecting)
    Vintage clothing (collecting)
    Beauty pageants (competitive)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

No CD'ing in there.

But...

If the shoe fits, buy the pair.

Paulie, I assume that was sarcasm since you have 75 posts in about a month. Generally, it seems those who post frequently have the most troubles (or the biggest mouths).
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Read this about 'guilty pleasures' and found some wisdom in it:

How many times have you shared something you genuinely enjoyed but immediately felt the need to attach the words 'guilty pleasure' to justify your delight?

Or felt a little self-conscious about curling up on the couch and binge-watching your favorite reality show?

Ridiculous, if you ask me. If it brings pleasure, there's nothing to feel guilty about.

Sadly, this is not how the real world works. Through out our lives we collect and internalize sets of presumably one-size-fits-all ideals about taste and aesthetics thrust upon us by any number of influences, from parents and religious doctrines to broader cultural norms and ingrained perspectives.

Indeed, the author Bren? Brown said guilt is focused on behavior; it's the feeling of, ''I did something bad, I should apologize'' But if your source of enjoyment isn't hurting any one, what is there to justify or apologize for?

In the moments we've dedicated to self-care ? or even self-indulgence ? we?re allowed to simply be who we are.

There's nothing to fix or adjust, and in those moments we should celebrate who we are, as we are, and that includes celebrating our unique indulgences.

My hobbies quickly turn into obsessions.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I wish it were a hobby, people would certainly look at it differently.