Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dressing hyperfeminine

I still dress in a quite sexual style. I am able to pull this off as I keep in good shape (well, I find a corset to be helpful these days). Going to try a more conservative outfit this week.
    Susann_Gardener

When I was younger I loved stockings and lingerie and gravitated toward more sexually provocative outfits and presentations. I still do love those things however now I am gravitating toward being stylish and polished in my clothing and shoe choices as well as polishing my makeup skills. I find the evolution fascinating and incredibly pleasurable.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

I always dressed hyperfemine but soon realized that if i wanted to go out into the world dressed then I picked clothing that blended in with others. That being said, I had to get better at the details, a good wig, flawless makeup, jewelry, etc. Just because you may tone down the clothes, you always keep it classy!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post

It's that "teenage girl" thing we all go through. But as we age and become more comfortable with ourselves. Most of us tend to settle into styles that allow us to blend in with GG's of our age group.
    I wonder if many of us went through the teenager phase but smartened up as we aged out lol.
    Do some of us dress like the girls we wanted to date when we were younger?
    Just questions for internal thought.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    I wonder if many of us went through the teenager phase but smartened up as we aged out lol.
    Certain outfits trigger memories of past girlfriends definitely, I wouldn't say its a bad thing per se as I'm completely over the relationships and they had good style!
    As for dressing like girls we wanted to date, well I always remember being at school during that muddled up stage of puberty and there were girls obviously way ahead of the curve that would wear the most ridiculously tight trousers with a well chosen thong that made an appearance when they sat down. Just to be clear, I am NOT fantasising about school girls here, rather the fact I longed to have the ability, and the freedom to show femininity like they could.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    I think it just takes some a while to figure out the difference between sexy and ****ty.

Aspiring Member
    When I was younger (in my 30's) I would dress in skirt suits, nylons and heels - like Ally McBeal.
    Now, I'm in my 50's and dress in longer length dresses with heels and hose. Miniskirts are out of place for someone like me in public - private is a different story These days I mainly just get dressed to run errands like grocery shopping and filling the car with gas. Shopping en-femme
    I don't really like pants or leggings for outside wear. I do wear women's slacks end drab.

The yellow outfit is about the length I wear now. The miniskirt suit with the slit is what I wore in the 90's. The lbd with "adjustable" hem is a fun dress I try every now and then.
    Attached Images Attached Images

After reading the posts here, I believe that when we first start to dress, we tend to be more "ultra-feminine" as a way of expressing our female side. Think about it... if you started out with jeans & a woman's flannel shirt (that tends to look like a guy shirt anyway), there's not much of an expression of femininity. So I think most of us go overboard at first so as to leave no doubt. Then later, we kind of realize our style and migrate in that direction. Just my thoughts... yours may vary...

Lacy PJs

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    I agree with you there, Lacy PJs.

When I first started buying my own femme clothes I did the high heels, short skirts, stockings and suspender (garter) belt, fishnets etc. Nowadays I like a nice ankle length skirt or dress when dressing for an occasion, more often jeans and a sweater. Oh yes, and I now always go for flat shoes or ankle boots - I'm six foot tall and really don't need to be wearing heels!

I think all of us went through the same issues. Now at 65 my skirts are a bit longer. However I do love my leggings; and given their prevalence in todays fashion scene I think they are acceptable for all ages.

Fashions come and go like the wind, and starting out dressing its a bit if trial and error, more error for some and then a status quo is found, what works in public without causing a stir but what does not work ourside can be just right for inside and in the garden.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman