So the other day I was dressed up in the latest fashion I have recently gotten into, Lolita. I saw the mail lady stop by our house and deliver the mail. Not wanting to get undressed, especially since Lolita has quite a few items you need to put on in order to complete the entire look, I decided to go outside and check the mail, not really caring if anyone saw me or not. Naturally I was not going to hang around outside for long, just long enough to check the mail.
As I was walking to the mailbox, a lady walks by, gives me a glance for a couple of seconds, smiles at me and laughs gently. She did not make any rude comments or make a funny face, it was more like she was a bit surprised to see someone like me. I started to wonder what she was thinking. Part of me was thinking she knew I was a crossdresser and that she in her own subtle way was saying "I know you are a man who likes to wear women's clothes, and I support you." But I was not sure that she got a real good look at me to be able to tell if I was a man underneath those clothes.
The other thing I was thinking was, she may have been admiring the Lolita outfit I was wearing. If that was the case, she was either thinking "She looks real cute in that", or "That girl has daddy issues", which is what a lot of others seem to think about Lolitas, simply because of the style of clothes they are wearing. I should point out for those that are not familiar with the Lolita fashion, it attracts a lot of attention to one's self. Everything I've heard and read about Lolitas, they get funny looks from people, they get asked a lot of questions, etc. Again, she did not seem to be judging me, so I think she was admiring my unusual attire and may have simply been telling me in her own little way that she is ok with it.