Thread: Out!

Out!

If you've followed my activities at all, you know that I recently moved from the SF Bay Area to the outskirts of a small Oregon town and am trying to locate my water supply as that as apparently unknown by the seller. In order to gain info I have been querying the neighbors. One of them is a man in his late 70s, a retired long haul trucker who is about as deaf as a post. As I have no way of announcing myself, I just show up, introduce myself and take it from there. Now everybody I've met has been super nice and helpful and I've tried to respond in kind. He was working on an old P/U when I arrived and, being a pretty decent shade tree mechanic myself, offered a suggestion as to what might be causing his problem and how to test for it. I brought him over to my place to take a look at the water hookup and took him back to his place.
    The following evening, while dressed, I heard the doorbell and, although a bit flustered, I decided the hell with it, asked who it was and answered the door, inviting him in.I don't think he noticed how I was dressed (I'm usually pretty conservative) and continued on about his ideas as to my water. It must have slowly dawned on him, because he mentioned something about getting out of my hair and when I looked up, he and his pickup were gone.
    I guess I'm out to the neighborhood now. Well, it had to happen sometime. So far, no mobs with pitchforks and torches.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Well sometimes it's better to just rip off the band aid get it over with. I hope it all works out ok for you.

I lived up there for ten years in Bend, central Oregon.

Water is different up there, from community systems, Wells and cisterns.

The people are ok, I wouldn't worry about it.

Silver Member
    I moved to a small midwest town. My wife and I rented a house. I was there by myself so I put on a dress and sat down only to have the caretaker walk in on me. He didn't say a word and we lived there for a few years. Nice guy and often came by.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U don't sound very upset about it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I long ago decided the hell with it. It is not my obligation to educate people and there is damn little they can do if they wish me ill. I live the best life I can and so should they.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Donnalee, If he is hard of hearing he may not talk to others that much.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think he's probably pretty lonely; there seem to be a lot of single, widowed people who live around here; so far I've only met 2 couples out of maybe a dozen.

Donnalee, New Place, new people. Might as well be yourself. Sounds like you were kind to him and helpful. Chances are he doesn?t give a hoot how you dress. Good luck with the water and the move. Hope the community is welcoming. Nancy

Donnalee, I think you will be fine up there, after all you did not move to some backwards southern town. BTW, I can say that I live in the south.
    Crissy