Thread: Being Irrational?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Being Irrational?

I have stated before, in other posts, that I am in something of a caregiver role with my wife. her issues, which are ongoing and too complex to go into here, have left her incapable of doing a lot of things, to the point where she can't go out on her own, and I have to help her wash her hair, bathe, etc.

This has put me in the position of being the homemaker, in the traditional sense. The shopping, cooking, cleaning and laundry all fall to me. We are fortunate that this didn't happen until we'd both retired. It might have put us in a tough spot.

But now that it has happened, I have adjusted to it as a comfortable routine. I don't complain because I really don't feel put upon.

In fact, I have somewhat the opposite problem. because I am home every day taking care of things, I dress every day, sans wig or makeup. I have become comfortable with what might be considered a conventionally feminine lifestyle.

Therein lies the problem. The pleasure i take in being able to dress as a woman every day sometimes leaves me with a small but nagging feeling of guilt. It is a feeling that I am not doing enough to push her to recovery, because I am too content with being a housewife.

It is illogical, I know, but it is hard to shake.

During the rest of the time I'm pretty grateful that I get to lead as feminine a life as I do, despite limitations.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. Just venting, I guess. You folks always seem to be good at talking sense into other people; why not me?
    Last edited by April Rose; 11-06-2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: punctuation
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.