Thread: Attitudes

Aspiring Member

Attitudes

I am amazed at the acceptance people have shown to my womanly self.Hhave not gotten a second look. If a female says Hi,I smile and say hi back. If I need something, I ask the sales associate and she or he is more than happy to help

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I hope when u get miss gendered by an SA, or a nasty look from a customer, or worse yet, a rude laff or comment?

U won't let it ruin your outing, Kendra Sue?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Much like the rest of life, it takes all kinds. I've had salespeople smile and hand me coupons when the lightbulb went on for them, and I've had employees call security on me for trying on dresses in a men's fitting room. I'm glad you've had good experiences so far!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Aspiring Member
    Just hope it doesn't happen. Will try not to let it spoil my outing. Never used to like to shop but now I can see why it takes women so long to shop. So many choices so little time

I hope it never happens but if it does don't let them ruin it for you. I have had a few dealings with jerks and although it sucks it is a small part of your day amd a smaller part of the week and even smaller part of your life.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    There will be good outings and not so good outings it comes with the territory.
    Main thing is don't let it get to you just shrug it off and go on about your business.

Pretty normal, at least my my world.

It is pretty simple really, act like a woman and that's how you will be treated.

And this is only the beginning, may you always have good experiences.

Banned Spammer
    Right on the money Jean act like a woman and thats how you will be treated.
    Thats been the way it has been with me anyway.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I think 90% of it is attitude and how you carry yourself, be confident and sure, not mousy and meek. If you're gonna dress as a woman be a strong woman. There WILL be the occasional neanderthal, just handle it as you would if you were dressed as a man. No man want's to get his ass kicked by a man in a dress.

BTW SA's are have to be nice, it's literally their job.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminaRenee View Post
    Much like the rest of life, it takes all kinds. I've had salespeople smile and hand me coupons when the lightbulb went on for them, and I've had employees call security on me for trying on dresses in a men's fitting room. I'm glad you've had good experiences so far!
    That sounds like a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    I think 90% of it is attitude and how you carry yourself, be confident and sure, not mousy and meek. If you're gonna dress as a woman be a strong woman. There WILL be the occasional neanderthal, just handle it as you would if you were dressed as a man. No man want's to get his ass kicked by a man in a dress.

BTW SA's are have to be nice, it's literally their job.
    I love that!
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Aspiring Member
    Well life is that way.try to keep aneven keel

Banned Spammer
    I agree Kendra Sue.
    I try to be nice to everyone I come in contact with be they male or female.
    Saw a trans girl a few days ago pitching a fit at the grocery about getting miss gendered and while I understood her anger she could have ignored it and been on her way with no issues. She raised so much hell that she became quite a problem and was ushered out of the store and told to never come back.
    I never have any issues in that store and I have been called ma'am more than sir.
    Maybe this trans girl was not very experienced in going out or just expected that people HAD to accept her and call her ma'am I don't know.
    There was no way I was going to get involved with an idiot like her so I kept on shopping.

Kendra Sue,

Times are a'changing. It's now Friday morning and I've been out enfemme every day since Sunday. I've been in goodness knows how many shops and cafes. Interacted with possibly dozens of SA's. Travelled by train and bus, been to the cinema, twice, eaten in Mac's, used the ladies loos when nature called, tried on clothing even asking an SA would she find me a size bigger in a skirt, she returned with two, regular and long length so yes people are generally, most of the time decent and treat us just like anyone else.

And it's not, in my opinion, just because SA's are paid to do these things. I do believe most people are fair minded. I wrote the other day that I was standing waiting for a click and collect item. A GG also standing waiting started a conversation because we had on the same jacket. She could have ignored me totally but didn't instead did that womanly think of just engaging. Heck, I got in a lift with an elderly gentleman, 80 if he was a day and he began to chat to me, about the weather of course, well we're British!

Act with confidence, believe, because you do, in having the right to be there. If you can learn to have the mannerisms, walk etc of a GG it helps but most important I find is engage. Look people in the eye and smile. Be pleasant, folks respond. When the SA says, "Next please" walk up and say, "Hi, how are you, having a busy day" or something just as normal. Show you're human, a decent person and you'll reap the dividends.

Well I'm off to get a skirt back from the repairers that I left with them Monday. Guess what, they treated me like any another customer in a skirt.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member
    I agree. I have been out dressed hundreds of times. People are nice if you are nice. The misgendering thing is not always intentional. If people give off male vibes then people react subconsciously. I would never misgender anyone deliberately but I have caught myself about to do so a few times just because the trans woman in our company was generally behaving like a bloke. Fortunately I realised just in time and didn't do it. I think we should give the public a break. If they are not being nasty or obstructive, just ignore it and get on with your day. We also have to remember that a lot of people will never have had a conversation with a man in a dress and if they stumble over pronouns it is just being human, especially if the man in the dress doesn't look much like a woman, which happens. Separate the mistakes from the deliberately nasty. Fortunately I have never encountered the deliberately nasty. The worst I have encountered is three shops (only three in the whole of Scotland) that would not let me try on dresses when dressed as a man. Two of these have gone out of business - I was told by women that these shops were just horrible to everyone.

By and large, people will treat us with the respect due another human being. The truly amazing thing is how quickly their initial wariness melts when we meet it with a pleasant and confident demeanor. We become more... normal. When that happens the social contract is back in force and the behavior others exhibit shows this.