Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well this is going to be scary!

Well this is going to be scary!

So, you may remember that my wife started a new job over the summer.

Naturally, she told them all about me and showed a few photos. She's told me that everyone she works with reaction was 'awwwww'! And that they're super supportive.

Well, she just came home and said that their Christmas party is on the 7th and that I should feel free to attend in any way I want.

I told her that I'd have to think about it, but that I'd probably lime to go as 'me'! Naturally, I'll be a nervous wreck, but I think it's time for a 'proper' outing, not just amongst strangers serving at a restaurant. Plus, all of these people would then meet me as 'me' first and primarily.

My wife responded that she thinks I should and I'm inclined to agree. This is gonna get weird.

Love her so much!
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Wow that?s awesome to have that kind of support. Let us know how it goes.

Sandi

I would make myself sick with the stress of choosing which way to present. Then, I would make myself sick with the stress of what to wear! Lol
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Banned Read only
    Scary? They already know and are welcoming you. So what's to be scared of?

Scary would be showing up dressed when nobody knows about you before hand.

I hope you have a great time and we'll want to hear all about it afterwards of course!

Sounds awesome Macey. Congrats to you and I wish you the very best!
    Even thou it's scary, I'm sure it will all work out for you. Enjoy!
    paula

Have an amazing time. Relax have fun.

Enjoy the party. Its not gonna be scary but a merry time dear. All the best.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dress to my SO's office Xmas party!?
    Not in million years!

But, u go and have fun, Macey! Just promise to tell us how it went?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would go and represent the way you want to be seen all the time, the picture you want them to carry in their mind.

There is only one first impression, you want it to count. These are your wife's coworkers.

Go , relax, have a good time.

I’m glad you didn’t mind being outed by your wife at her work. I’m not sure I’d characterize her sharing of such a personal thing as natural, but I expect you’ve discussed the matter between yourselves.

Have fun. Hope it all goes according to plan.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Macey, I know you and you be absolutely fine. No doubt you will Wow them all and we will all be waiting for your post ASAP.
    Crissy

WOW! I can see that being a bit scary.
    Angie

photos, if you please. otherwiswe it never really happened.

I hope you have an amazing time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I have found that having people first meet my female side and then the male can be problematic. That beautiful woman has become...you? Nope. I would only do it if I was to continue to meet them dressed in my finery.

Macey, what a wonderful opportunity. I know what you mean about scary. When I recently came out at work, only because they had let my SO know they had worked it out, I was still super nervous.

Easy to see why you'd find this scary. I do feel also that's it incumbent upon you to present as well as you can. It seems there's no better time to go get your makeup done by a pro!

There's a BBC documentary available on YouTube about an openly gay 16 year old who wanted to do drag and eventually go to the school prom dressed. The school tried to ban him but when he turned up dressed his fellow students said he comes in or we don't.

The only problem I saw was that he looked better than many of the girls.

So yes get your makeup done, don't be the diva, the glamorous centre of attention. Outshining your SO isn't a good idea.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-10-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Yeah it should be kind of scary since you aren't fully in control of your public persona now. As Angela said it may cause you problems for future events if you decide too show up dressed. I'd add reading this thread made me think of "be careful what you wish you might just get it". Good luck at her party.

Good luck and have fun Macey.

Macey, I keep my dressing and work completely separated. But that is up to your wife. If she is good with it, have fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Macey it's not weird it's exciting! nervous about going maybe? but once you get there bearing in mind so many know about you it should not be such a big hurdle to jump over, unless you have not been to something like this before in any case your loved one will be with you so all I can say is go enjoy, have a good time with all our best wishes
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    So, you may remember that my wife started a new job over the summer.

Naturally, she told them all about me and showed a few photos. She's told me that everyone she works with reaction was 'awwwww'! And that they're super supportive.

Well, she just came home and said that their Christmas party is on the 7th and that I should feel free to attend in any way I want.

I told her that I'd have to think about it, but that I'd probably lime to go as 'me'! Naturally, I'll be a nervous wreck, but I think it's time for a 'proper' outing, not just amongst strangers serving at a restaurant. Plus, all of these people would then meet me as 'me' first and primarily.

My wife responded that she thinks I should and I'm inclined to agree. This is gonna get weird.

Love her so much!
    It sounds to me like your wife is an awesome lady. I would presume that her new job is not working for a farm implement dealer in the middle of Kansas. Some of us are a tiny bit jealous as you must live in a very progressive place so that her workplace is so accepting.

Platinum Member
    I went back and looked at several of your picture postings. You always look terrific. I think you'll do fine. If there is any blow back for appearing en femme I think it will be on your wife. After all it's her work environment. Encouraging you to go to a holiday party en femme suggests to me she will be able to handle herself. Please post pictures of the outfit when you get it. Hopefully it will be a sexy dress. You definitely have the figure for a dress.

Hmmm, what to do, what to do? They've already seen pics of "yourself" en-femme but in person is so much more. I'm sure there's going to a barrage of questions but don't forget who brought you to the dance and focus on "herself" as much as you can, after all you'll be the trophy husband. Don't forget alcohol and office parties can be a bad thing if not careful. Relax, be yourself, and enjoy. Small bites, small sips and tap never wipe your mouth. I'm sure you'll be fine, now go and be the best you you can be.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Wow... you've been granted a wish that many us here are still waiting for our fairy godmothers to fulfill! In my case too many of my wife's coworkers already know man me. So, it would not best situation for us.

I say, embrace the moment and live the dream. Opportunities like this don't present themselves every day. I would echo what several others here have said that this is her party and is more about her. If it were me, I would wear something that wouldn't upstage her. I would also suggest that which ever way you choose to present, you are establishing a precedent. The average person generally does better with consistency.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!