Thread: I purged almost

I purged almost

Today I had some time to look at my things while the wife was out shopping. Some of the things I tossed were male cloths but I did get rid of some female cloths. A bra that was 20 years old tank tops that were wore out and stained some shapewear that was to small and 1 pair of jeans that I never was in love with. Next is to go through my panties drawer I have some cotton jockeys that are old. That way I'll have more room for more nice ones.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda, Fortunately that is not purging, that is getting rid of some old useless stuff. Purging is when we foolishly get rid of nice things that we will undoubtably will be sorry about.
    Crissy

I would have to agree with Crissy on this one... sounds more like fall cleaning. I have experienced a few purgings, and the emotional states that led up to them. Not to mention the regret of having so callously disposed of some very nice things that I would have loved to have kept. Making room for more finery... well, I?ll go for that any day!

I have to agree with Crissy on what constitutes purging and Caylee on the emotional lead up to a purge. Glenda, it is good to clear out the old stuff, especially if it is no longer serviceable or fits your personality. And your attitude toward making room for some new things is right on. Voids are meant to be filled. I recommend getting some new pretty things and do it with a big smile.

I purged a few times in the past and it is a terrible thing to go through driven by shame that consumes you and a desire to make yourself "normal," whatever that is. I am not convinced there is a normal. It is an attempt to rid yourself of this behavior through the mistaken belief that you do it because of the clothes. Few of us actually do it because of the clothes. The motivation comes from very deep, is an essential part of our subconscious identity, and can't be eliminated without doing severe harm to your psyche. Take heart, Glenda. What you did is what most women do. My wife does it once in awhile even though she tends to be a collector and never throws anything away that has meaning in her life. Not quite a hoarder but on the border. You, dear, are normal and, in my view, not only consistent with your "I fell like a woman" phrase but in many ways you are a woman. Not completely, but then most women aren't completely women - most have a little of what we would call masculine in them. We are all a mosaic. It is just a matter of the proportions.

You merely culled the herd.

Thats not purging, you just made way for new lovely things! go spend girl!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Glenda, That's the way to purge.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Agree with all those who say that is not 'purging'.

I think 90% of us here have TRULY purged. That is, taking EVERY single feminine piece of clothing we own and either giving it away to a charity, or throwing it in the trash. It can also include feminine products, jewelry, perfumes....even deodorants. I have only purged once in my life around 30 years ago, and I vowed that I would never do it again.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Good to hear you didn’t really purge... as someone who has truly purged and hugely regrets it, I will say “don’t do it”... store it away somewhere safe and out of sight and see how you feel in a few months time..

I will never be able to get back all of those fantastic clothing and heels/boots that I threw out. The mid to late 90s thru early 2000s was the women’s clothing/lingerie style I love the most. The clothing styles were lists of shiny fabrics like vinyl, PVC, leather, satin, shiny nylon, shiny Lycra, etc.. and it went to mainly boring vanilla cotton, microfiber, lace, etc in the mid 2000s and I despise it.

It’s now nearly Impossible to find similar styles and if you do it’s usually outrageously overpriced or the complete wrong size. Or I can pay out the nose to try to have it custom made... still, I wish I hadn’t done it.

I purged 99% of my Alice things a few years back and gave 8 containers to a thrift sore, but went back a number of times, and never did see any of my stuff on sale there. i could have sold some of those beautiful dresses, and shoes, and skirts. I sure wish i still had some of the things, now. I don't dress as much, but i spent a lot of money on alterations on many of the dresses, and miss them. Just to llok at them on hangers was fun.

I would agree with Crissy..... that's not purging. You just making room for more pretty things.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    Glenda, if by tossing you meant your trash can, I'd suggest YOU take out all of the trash until it's picked up. lol

I didn't toss them they all went to Goodwill for resale. I still need to make more room for my things have to many male cloths my wife keeps buying me.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Platinum Member
    Hi Glenda , It is great making room for new items in your closet. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Planned partial purge ahead, no really, just partial. I mean, I keep accumulating stuff, much of it I never wear because I have other stuff I prefer to wear, and I am running out closet space. So, a cut down of Jenn cloths to get some closet space is due. Well, except the stuff I "might" wear sometime, or the stuff I might like when I am in the right mood. Ok, so if I am honest with myself I am really only going to get rid of like two things probably, right?

Joking aside, when is it "too much" stuff?

Is it a logical path to, say, keep a limited amount of "alter-ego" clothing? I am a part time dresser, enjoy my feminine side when able and have the time, but most of my time is spent in my given male form. So, I have been looking at the growing closet footprint of my Jenn side and thinking, "what things in here would I actually probably never get to wearing, really?"

Not really a purge, but a strategic thinning of stuff. I do the same with male cloths periodically I don't wear. Why not my female ones? But, even the things I have only really worn once, I at one point thought were cute or fun and bought them. Is it a waste to just get rid of them? (I give them to a thrift store at least).

Anyone else find a semi-purge becomes necessary? Regrettable? I know this is a personal choice for everyone, but coming up with the balance of "how much to have (keep)" is an interesting question.

I routinely recycle femme clothing that I don’t wear anymore or get rid of things that are worn out. I don’t consider it purging, just making room for new clothes. I’ve purged many times, for real, but one day I said, “These are my clothes and I’m not going to throw them away!” I haven’t done a real purge since.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Pack it away. You'll be back, regardless what you think at the time.