Thread: Dinner and a Meeting

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar

Dinner and a Meeting

Tonight will be a first for Jessie Mae.

My step-granddaughter (if there is such a thing? or just my daughter's step-daughter) and I are going to get dinner then go to a gender support group. She is Bisexual (came out to family last Thanksgiving after dinner!! what a courageous girl) and she already knows everybody at the meeting. This won't be my first en femme public excursion, last time was with SO for thrift store shopping.

But this time will be different since we'll be going to a restaurant, but out of town. It will be my third group meeting, and they've seen both sides of me. The thought of going to a real restaurant is be both exciting and scary. I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and be confident and brave. My makeup skills are not so great, so hoping to find a nice dark restaurant.

Wish me luck, girls!!

Best of luck and I hope the two of you have a great time!

JessieMae, Hope all goes well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

JessieMae,

Casting my mind back to the first time I ate in a restaurant I recall it was a Chinese. I'd stood outside the door for a good few minutes building up the confidence to go it. Walked in, greeted by a young waitress, I asked for a menu, she gave me one and asked somewhat fazed, "Do you want a takeaway?". "No, table for one please". This really fazed her.

Anyway I was seated, all the usual interactions took place. The, "Can I get you drink to start?", you know that sort of thing and from then on all was no different than if I'd been in drab. I young couple passed me on their way out, the girl giving me a nice smile. Body language said this was friendly not laughing at me.

Don't fret it. I don't pass. Just be confident, treat it as something absolutely normal and if you wear a corset remember you can't eat as much as normal.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Have fun and be confident. You will do fine.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Silver Member
    JM, have your wife or step-granddaughter help you with your makeup. My first true exposure to normals, while I was pretty, was also at a restaurant with three sisters. Tables were close together, and a family of four sat about 6' away. I was very concerned, inside, but after a short time, everything was normal and I was very relaxed in presenting as a woman. So, just enjoy the experience, and have an adult beverage so you can leave a lipstick print on the glass.

Hi JessieMae,

It sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy yourself as one of the girls. It?s great dining out. One thing I might mention if you have not eaten out much with lipstick on, smearing it into a mess can be a real concern. I recently discovered using liquid lipstick and the stuff is so amazing, I threw away all my old lipstick and will never go back. I am not saying this one is the best but I love it - Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Matt. I use color 300 - Poppy Sauvage, which is very bright red. It dries quickly and hardly rubs off at all, so you can eat away and not worry about your lipstick. One youtube video and you are an expert at applying it. The stuff is expensive at $29, but the results are worth it if you ask me. Anyhow, I am no expert by any means, but now I don't have to worry about making a mess out of my lipstick when eating.
    I just thought I would pass that on if you have never tried it. I hope you have a lot of fun.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessie Mae , I bet that you will have a wonderful time, Just have fun and enjoy yourself.

>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Well, I made it home without turning into a pumpkin. Oh, wait, it was the carriage that turn back to a pumpkin. Anyway, all went well. I was shaken a bit when a really big black pickup truck parked a couple of space over as we arrived. So I just fiddled with my purse til they were all in the restaurant. We got seated the and waitress took our order, she didn't even blink.

I was even able to eat!!

The meeting was good, this is my third one (second in en femme) and I felt right at home. A very good evening. And it was great spending time with my step-granddaughter. We plan to get together again.

Thank you all for the positive energy sent my way
    Jessie Mae