I got dressed up at a friend's house and had him take some photos this past weekend and used one to create the Avatar that appears next to my comments. For me to post photos of myself dressed on this board is a bold step and it gives me a basic idea of what it must be like to go out in public. The closest I have gotten to going outside while dressed was to stand in the garage and open the garage door to let a friend in without being seen one time last year.

The past week has seen several small milestones. Finding some of my favorite garter top stockings that fit, getting better at eyeliner and spending time dressed with a friend. Another small victory was finding a shade of red/pink lipstick that hides my beard shadow when applied under foundation. I also purchased another cheap wig from a costume store and decided that next time I'm taking it up a notch and getting a better quality wig. The costume store wigs are adequate for my DADT truncated dressing sessions of the past but aren't very realistic looking and I'm obsessed with improving my look. Going out dressed could be the goal that's lurking in the back of my mind but my look isn't where I want it. A serious commitment to dieting is something that's long overdue and very difficult to do in my late 60's but based on my photo collection from the early 2000's when I was 30# lighter it would help a great deal towards blending in.

Sorry if I'm rambling on without much direction but I just felt like posting something about my tiny victory and future goals.