Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    I agree. Even though the public associates the term “skirt” with female clothing it should instead be associated with a certain shape. The bottom part of a gi (martial arts jacket) is termed a skirt. That’s not a nickname, that’s the actual specification.
    Yes skirt is used for many things other then a womens garment. The part under a mobile home is a skirt as well. I didn't know the gi was considered a skirt but makes sense.

For me, clothes define the femme inside me.... so I would have to say if accepting feminine skirts for men were sold, I would wear it.
    It wouldn't be made of macho itchy wool, or course fabrics...or macho prints, but of soft pastel colors, flowery prints, soft and sheer or shiny fabrics.
    Maybe something sheer to silhouette a french cut satin lace rumba pantie.
    Oh the day we all dreamed of, would come front and center, were any gender is accepted as desirable to be, look, and act in a feminine way.
    I think that day has arrived, for the male who can present themselves as a female...I see a lot of members who can work it.
    So why actually do we need gender specified clothes anyway? Define clothes as the are, for work, play, fashion, and location....removing the gender labels on clothes are the ultimate wish here!
    Define your self and dress in what makes you feel wonderful!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

hello Angie,
    if men wore skirts in public it would make under-dressing a whole lot easier !
    luv J

The whole point of crossdressing for me, it that it helps me feel as if I am female. I don't see female fashions becoming common attire for men any time soon.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    If the clothing industry would push skirts for men would you rear a skirt in public I think would after all I have long hair and both ears pierced.
    Angie
    Strictly responding to the question...Absolutely! Of course the clothing industry would be pushing skirts for men only for their own self interests....that being profit via a new market segment.

I wear skirts for a variety of reasons, part for comfort, part for the enjoyment of wearing the feminine attire, plus I like the styles and color choices. But I do sometimes choose skirts that are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. I have a couple cargo skirts, that if you aren't paying close attention, they look like regular cargo shorts. They are extremely utilitarian.... in the mornings when I'm leaving the house to go to my office, I have pockets for my phone and keys, while I carry my backpack, coffee and my "guy clothes" to my truck. I also have a great tiered midi skirt that has pockets too, and it is infinitely more comfortable than the cargo skirts. My favorite skirts, in general, are fold over skirts, again because they are so comfortable, but I wish they had pockets.

All these skirt preferences aside, I find it hard to envision the clothing industry endorsing a movement toward "men's skirts" that utilize comfortable materials, and broad color palettes. Machismo won't allow it. And frankly, I need my shorts and pants to do work that would not be possible in a skirt.

In a perfect world, I would wear whatever I choose, whenever I choose it, whether it's a skirt or dress to work or to dinner, and then jeans or pants when facing an environment that dictates different clothing. We all do it now, to an extent, we just do it divided down gender/societal norms. If we dressed according to tasks at hand, events we attend or settings we find ourselves recreating in, then I think the gender divisions we see would dissolve quickly.