Thread: Headed on a trip

Headed on a trip

Early December I get to fly from Denver to Omaha for a business meeting.
    I am going to take my fem stuff so I can dress in the hotel at night. All the work will be taken care of in the hotel so not a chance to get away from co-workers except late in the evening and I wont have a car to go explore.
    I have read the posts about traveling with forms and everything going through TSA I will take all the precautions to avoid any hassle but I will be by myself so don't really care about a hassle.

I will let you know how it goes.

Wish me well

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Heidi,

Yep, been there done that, the dressing in a hotel room while away for work thing. It was one of the very few chances I got to practice my makeup skills which included taking it off! It was too early in my journey for me to venture out but those few hours being able to dress were wonderful.

I hope you have a lovely time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You can always go "Christmas shopping." You can always Uber to a nearby mall.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Helen, I do plan on working on my makeup skills
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Leg one of trip

The first part of the trip has been a non-issue. I am traveling in drB but have plenty of female clothes in suitcase including breast forms. No issues what so ever in Denver. We will see how Omaha reacts on Wednesday
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Spencer View Post
    Helen, I do plan on working on my makeup skills
    Heidi,

As I say, practice the art of removing makeup unless you want a colleague to ask, "Are you wearing mascara? " the next day. Non waterproof is perhaps the way to go but it still needs work to get it all off.

On the return trip from Omaha to Denver I had all my female items in my carry-on. I went into security and I was scanned no issue, I was asked to search my bag and explained what they were looking for was on the right side of the bag in a brown plastic container.
    She opened the container looked in and felt the forms to make sure nothing else was there. She looked at a few other items and said thank you very much have a nice flight.
    I was not nervous or anxious regarding the security time and I walked away with a huge confidence booster.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So glad everything went smoothly and you made it back OK.

Heidi, You handled the bag being checked exactly as we should. I really like that you walked away with a huge confidence boost, as you should have.
    Posts like that just help all of us, Thanks!
    Crissy

Heidi,
    Hope you're having a great time. The TSA doesn't care what you do. They just have guidelines to follow.
    Last year, my Wife and I flew to Las Vegas for a 3 day weekend and to go see Gwen Stefani at Planet Hollywood. I flew pretty and carried no male clothes at all. Stayed dressed for 3 days. Going through security... one of us got pulled out for an additional pat down. Afterwards, walking to our terminal, she told me how embarrassing that was and said why didn't YOU get checked. My point... enjoy yourself. They know... and are trained to just do their job and move you along. Have fun!
    ​Cindy

Platinum Member
    Its good to know. I am planning to make at least two trips en femme, as we used to say, with no male clothes at all. I am counting on TSAs professionalism
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I almost want to ask what you do for a living. I realize lots of companies have offces in Denver and IOmaha. The cmpany I work for does as well. Enjoy the trip!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    ... I am counting on TSAs professionalism
    Good luck, though you should be fine en femme. Success stories abound in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet. When I traveled in drab as a sixty something grandfatherly type, TSA agents were all kinds of trouble. When en femme, I have never had any problems. None at all. Ever. Even in the same airports encountering the same agents.