Yep, next week is Helen's away time. Seven days totally enfemme. The logistics are just frightening. The amount of clothes a gurl needs not to mention makeup, jewelry, wigs and shoes. Four pairs of boots, six (at least) pairs of heels in various heights and colours not to mention some ballets and a pair of low strappy wedges. Two coats, three jackets, two handbags, one for general daily stuff, another in red for nights out, the list just goes on and on. Thank goodness I'm not flying the excess baggage charges would be crippling.

Of course as with any other holiday there's the last minute panic. Couldn't find my new short wig and I was beginning to think I'd put it in the same place as my two shapers which still after looking everywhere I can think of I still haven't found. The wig however was located and is now added to the wardrobe.

I intend to hit the ground running. I had thought about changing in the car once away from home but decided against that. Instead I'm packing a change of clothes into a grab bag so I can park new to the house, dash in, change and then bring everything else in enfemme. Start as you mean to go on I say.

Part of the process of deciding what to take is trying stuff on. Things I've not worn in a while. I'd forgotten just how good it feel to wear knee high boots, both flat and heeled. In fact my first outfit will include a knee length skirt, thick tights and over the knee flat heeled boots as I'll need to do a food shop in the local supermarket to kick things off. Dress to blend eh!

I've been applying the slow tan and my legs, chest and upper arms are now a decent colour. Legs got shaved below the knee for the first time this year. It was good to feel that smoothness once more. I've been slowly shaping my eyebrows, nothing too drastic but enough to enable me to shape them into something reasonable. Arm hair has been thinned. I'm not that hursuit anyway but every little helps.

My plans include a day in Manchester where I've found a wig shop that looks promising. I plan to give them a call Monday to check they're ok with a CD'er turning up and to book an appointment if required. I'll shamelessly plug my offer of a meetup later that evening in Manchester's Gay village just in case someone's not seen any of my earlier shameless plugs.

Although I'm away I'll have access to the internet so I'll try to keep you all updated on how the adventure unfolds. Tally Ho.