Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to change?

There are quite many options to change your dressing and appearance.

I tell you what I do:

usually when travelling for business and combining it with dressing, I dress in my car and also do my make-up in my car - that works fine.

If staying in a hotel by myself, I check in dressed and check out dressed, whenever I leave the hotel en femme, there has never been a problem.

These are the two options I use.
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

Quote Originally Posted by Alice 23 View Post
    Hey everyone! It has been a looong time since I've been on here (good to see some familiar names), and an even longer time since I've posted anything. It's also been a long time since I've been able to spend any time enfemme, and I've really been missing it lately. My home situation is not such that I can openly dress, but I'm not in a DADT relationship with my spouse. I've been brainstorming some ideas of ways I can dress fully (not just underclothes), and wanted to see what y'all think:

1) VACATION!!! It has been a dream of mine to spend a week on vacation in a city far away from home, e.g. Vegas or San Francisco and spend the entire time dressed, potentially for a conference, too! However, that does include time off of work, family wanting to see pics of my trip, money for the vacation, etc., all of which are manageable

2) STAYCATION! I've considered getting a room in a cheaper motel closer to the nearest "big" city (about 25 miles from home) for overnight, then dressing and going out. However, again money, and excusing my absence from home, again manageable.

3) Parking lot? Here's one I've been giving lots of thought to. Put on what I can, wear guy clothes over top, put everything else in a bag, drive to a secluded parking lot, change, have a day, change, go home. I could put up a blanket over the front seats of my truck (think blanket fort) and have relative privacy with the tinted windows. However, I'm concerned about the person I don't see when changing. Will they consider it indecent exposure for me to change in my backseat and call law enforcement?

Of course, the big however here is in fact my truck. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be a problem, but there's a bit of a dichotomy between how I like to dress (usually very feminine) and the lifted diesel truck that screams d-bag redneck that I drive.
    I too drive a diesel "Bubba" truck.... But where I live it is not at all uncommon for women to drive trucks of all sizes as their daily driver. So, I decided to just embrace it and be like one of the gals.

I do like it though when I have an opportunity to drive my wife's smaller car. It does give me a sense of blending in to the crowd a little more, plus I don't have to step up on the running board in high heels to get in! LOL

Molly

I dress in the car every now and then. Lately I've been applying my eye makeup at home, then putting on a pair of sunglasses when I leave the house. Eye makeup takes the longest for me so it's good to get that out of the way.

I have a couple of skirts that don't wrinkle so I wear one under jogging pants before leaving the house. So when I sit in the car and take off the jogging pants I'm still covered up with the skirt. And of course nylons, bra etc. are also underneath. Some type of top can be under your man's shirt too. I don't worry too much about wrinkling anyway since I won't stay underdressed for very long.

Once in the car I do the rest at a park or parking lot: Finish makeup, put forms in bra, wig & jewelry. I may stop somewhere else and apply nail polish, change shoes, whatever.

Of course it's better to have a room with a full length mirror but changing in a vehicle can work out pretty good. Bring a mirror with you - magnifying ones can help a lot. Once you're in girl mode you can put on a dress and check your look in a women's bathroom if desired.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I?m all about the staycation. Just about every time I go out, I get a hotel room in town. I understand the necessity of dressing in the car, but I don?t ever see myself doing it. I like to take my time with makeup, which is usually an hour+ process. Hotel folks are super accepting and totally know why I?m there, if I?m a repeat customer and I often check in in boy mode, but with pretty nails, which they will usually complement me on. Usually, I?ll try to get an early checkin, get my Julie on, hopefully have some time for a little shopping before dinner with some friends and then to some sort of show - maybe live music or theater. At the end of the night, I?ll deconstruct and head home. My wife knows that I?m having a Julie night, but the kids think I was just working late or out drinking with friends (which is actually the truth).

You might also think about an AirBnB to cut costs. Many are where you rent the entire place, so you will have complete privacy. I?ve done both, but in either case I always tell the owner that I have an ?alt ego, Julie? and will be using there place mostly for changing and will not be staying the night. Most people are totally fine with it - they see all kinds of people and are mostly interested in renting to people who are not jerks. There have been a few cases where my request was denied without explanation, which I figure was for the best - if they were gonna be uncomfortable with Julie, I?d rather not be staying with them. But, those are the exception. Mostly, owners are totally accepting and go out of their way to make sure I?m comfortable. One time I asked if he had a full length mirror and he ended up buying one before I arrived - what a sweetheart.

Hope this helps.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Interesting to learn that some AirBnB owners are reluctant to rent to Julie. Do they think that crossdressers and TGs carry an infectious disease that will contaminate their property?

Good grief.

Platinum Member
    Hi Alice , It sounds like you are putting yourself between a Rock and a Hard Place. >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaL View Post
    Interesting to learn that some AirBnB owners are reluctant to rent to Julie.
    Good grief.
    When that happens just change in their parking lot
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by LydiaL View Post
    Interesting to learn that some AirBnB owners are reluctant to rent to Julie. Do they think that crossdressers and TGs carry an infectious disease that will contaminate their property?

Good grief.
    I?m actually surprised that so few have declined, it?s only been maybe 2 out of a dozen. The acceptance of those that did accept the request far makes up for the minor setback. I?m not trying to push myself on anyone. Much more interesting in finding good people and giving them my business. I forgot to add to the original comment that in both cases, hotel or AirBnB, I register with my boy name because both require a valid id.