Thread: All my bags are packed I'm ready to go

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go

Yep, next week is Helen's away time. Seven days totally enfemme. The logistics are just frightening. The amount of clothes a gurl needs not to mention makeup, jewelry, wigs and shoes. Four pairs of boots, six (at least) pairs of heels in various heights and colours not to mention some ballets and a pair of low strappy wedges. Two coats, three jackets, two handbags, one for general daily stuff, another in red for nights out, the list just goes on and on. Thank goodness I'm not flying the excess baggage charges would be crippling.

Of course as with any other holiday there's the last minute panic. Couldn't find my new short wig and I was beginning to think I'd put it in the same place as my two shapers which still after looking everywhere I can think of I still haven't found. The wig however was located and is now added to the wardrobe.

I intend to hit the ground running. I had thought about changing in the car once away from home but decided against that. Instead I'm packing a change of clothes into a grab bag so I can park new to the house, dash in, change and then bring everything else in enfemme. Start as you mean to go on I say.

Part of the process of deciding what to take is trying stuff on. Things I've not worn in a while. I'd forgotten just how good it feel to wear knee high boots, both flat and heeled. In fact my first outfit will include a knee length skirt, thick tights and over the knee flat heeled boots as I'll need to do a food shop in the local supermarket to kick things off. Dress to blend eh!

I've been applying the slow tan and my legs, chest and upper arms are now a decent colour. Legs got shaved below the knee for the first time this year. It was good to feel that smoothness once more. I've been slowly shaping my eyebrows, nothing too drastic but enough to enable me to shape them into something reasonable. Arm hair has been thinned. I'm not that hursuit anyway but every little helps.

My plans include a day in Manchester where I've found a wig shop that looks promising. I plan to give them a call Monday to check they're ok with a CD'er turning up and to book an appointment if required. I'll shamelessly plug my offer of a meetup later that evening in Manchester's Gay village just in case someone's not seen any of my earlier shameless plugs.

Although I'm away I'll have access to the internet so I'll try to keep you all updated on how the adventure unfolds. Tally Ho.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I understand the packing problem. Just the shoes in size 11/12 take up a whole bag.

Last year when I drove to Keystone, my left foot was in a boot, the medical kind, not the fashion kind. That meant I only needed to take the right foot shoes, and flats only. Much more manageable.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Helen (my moms name )
    I hope you have a wonderful time, have fun and enjoy.
    Connie

Helen are you leaving on a jet plane? Say hello to Peter, Paul and Mary.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Always a chore to pack but if anything you need is not forgotten it's always a better less stressed time...…….enjoy...………………...Debra

Debra,

Last year I left home, wait for it, without my favorite forms. Thankfully I had my old forms and a NuBra to compensate so was able to do a decent job on the cleavage front. "PPPPP", prior planning prevents poor performance. My time away is precious. I don't want to risk messing things up for the sake of a little forethought.

It shouldn't be underestimated that there is, at least for me, an element of stress. Fifty one weeks of the year Helen is house bound. Suddenly she's free. I have to relearn that it's ok to go out in public. I have to regain that confidence. Part of me says you know you are okay with this, part of me says pitchforks.

Thankfully I also know that my first sortie will be into a supermarket for provisions. I will be nervous walking in. Thankfully I expect to be calm and ready to face the world by the time I walk out.

This for me is a good thing. I will encourage others to venture out, to experience the wonderful joy of expressing femme yourself. I will also remember those feeling of angst and know that those yet to venture out, those just about to take that first step over the threshold, will have knots it the stomach, voices in their heads yelling No No No, but once that step is taken that they will also experience the same euphoria that so many of us now take look back on with huge fondness.

Without I hope sounding pompous one of the reasons I post is to encourage others that these things are more than possible. If an wizerned old fart like me can successfully go about in the world then so can anyone else. It's within us all if we go about it in the right way.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm envious in a number of ways, Helen. NOT your packing, tho. I absolutely DREAD packing for T events away from home!

But, because your not planning on attending any T events, u can dress however u like. Even NOT dress, if u choose! I've found if u show up in drab at T events? You're treated like a leper!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Helen I?ve read your posts for years and imagined our domestic situations are similar but how do you pass off this annual trip with Mrs Highwater, the packing particularly and won?t she be tempted to FaceTime , how I miss those dearly days of mobile telephony 😀

Banned Read only
    Helen ,
    I wish you a good trip , I hope it goes well .

I must admit it does sound like a lot of stuff for one week , I wonder why you need more than one wig but then I've yet to do a stint away . I keep promising myself a few days away on the Norfolk coast with the dog , if I do I'll be travelling light and possibly find small hotels or B&Bs .

Teresa,

More than I wig? Isn't that part of the joy of being a CD'er that you can change your look. One day brunette, next blond, long or short. Yes it does sound a lot of things but when you consider I'll wear day outfits but then something more suitable in the evening if say dining out or going to the cinema then that soon adds up to a dozen or more. And then there's the weather to be considered.

Lucy,

imagined our domestic situations are similar but how do you pass off this annual trip with Mrs Highwater, the packing particularly .

Yep the packing is a little tricky. Thankfully Mrs H spends a good few hours most days out of the house so I can sort my things out, box or bag them up and then it's just a matter of getting them into the boot of the car at just the right moment. The SAS couldn't plan a better operation.

Yes I appreciate the sub-diffuse involved but a gal has to do what a gal has to do. If there was another way, and no coming out isn't on the table, I'd do it. Face Time, nah, not in her skill set.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 11-16-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Woo hoo!! Bring everything. EVERYTHING!!

There's an Irish language saying that translates as ... it's better to be looking at it, than looking for it.

Have a great time and keep us posted. A few photos wouldn't go astray. We don't get to see you very often...

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    The wig question relates to a talk with a good TS friend . I was debating whether to have a selection of wigs but she warned against it , it mostly depends on whether you are out full time or not . Her suggestion was once you've been accepted don't then confuse them by appearing with a completely different look , I'd say she was right , I feel comfortable and confident with my choice of wig , if I had another now it would be the same style , maybe a different shade but only as a back up just in case I have an accident with one of them .

Eemz,
    I like that saying , the problem is I do at times go OTT and often joke about carrying the kitchen sink in my handbag !