Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why cross dress or present as a woman?

I have only ventured outside the home 3 times dressed, twice to go to my therapist (manymany years ago) and then one other time. I don't feel the need to go out dressed full en femme as the need for me to wear thr clothes is fulfilled with my SO at home.

Silver Member
    I have to. It's in my blood.

Exactly what Teri said.
    I will never understand why, so i enjoy it and try not to feel bad about it in the dark hours when sleep refuses to come.
    Would i change if i could? I honestly dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    My honest answer is I don't know why I cross dress or present as a woman. Your list encompasses all the feelings experienced when wearing women's clothing. It really does not answer the big "Why!" Decades ago when my wife and I had "The Talk" initially it did not go well. I uttered something about my feminine side. She blew her top off. Something about "When you can have a baby you can talk about your feminine side." I realize her retort was based on ignorance. She has become educated, especially with all the LGBT rights issues over the years. However, she did have a point. I had to offer her the truth as I know it. "I do not know why I do what I do!" That's it a nutshell.

It may be easier to understand that some individuals are "born in the wrong body." But, what of a person who feels totally at ease sliding back and forth; presenting as a decent looking guy and as a well groomed mature woman? Perplexing to say the least. Your list has the outward appearances of wearing women's clothing. Along with the outward appearances there is also the adoption of mannerisms. When attired as a woman I sit with my knees together and not splayed apart. When I pick up something off a lower shelf I squat and do not bend over, making sure I do not show my panties or the tops of my stockings. When getting in and out of a car with a dress on I sit and then swivel my body into position. When I sit in a dress I smooth the back of the dress when I sit down so it is not rumbled under by bottom. The male gait is left behind. My pace is slower. The hand gently wisps away a stray hair that's in my face. There is no longer any sexual component to wearing women's clothing. Even when I reflect back to those teenage years when there was a sexual component didn't teenage girls explore their sexuality? It takes a long long time for a man to shed the self loathing and doubts of who he is and is not.

It's definitely not a hobby. I do agree, I like everything about presenting as a woman. I still don't know why I do what I do.
    I do not post here usually, but what you said hit home.

My usual quick answer is " because I want to, and I can"

In the womb there was hormone imbalances and this caused parts of my brain to develop feminine traits.
    That part of my brain feels that I am woman. So to keep it happy I sometimes dress how a woman should. When it's satisfied I can tell it to go hibernate I then carry on with life as if I am a regular dude. Until that side starts craving attention again.

If they ask (and a few have), I tell them the truth.

When I was young I wanted to try on a girl's dress (unfortunately, it didn't fit).

For the 50+ years since then, I've wanted to dress and go out. I now have the opportunity and I try to make the most of it.

I like the feel of women's clothes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have three reasons.
    1. I hate being bald, hence the wig.
    2. I hate wearing pants, hence the dress.
    3. I hate being flat chested, hence the breast forms.

Oh, and besides, Crossdressing is just about the coolest thing on the whole planet.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Wearing feminine attire just feels right. Given other circumstances, I have no doubt I would dress as a woman close to 24/7.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I find there?s a kind of stress that?s relieved when I present en femme. Also, it?s an affirmation of my freedom and individuality.

Also, it's a change from being hated just for being black. Ah, americans...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

hello Carhill,
    to turn your question around "why NOT cross dress or present as a woman?"
    luv J

I have no choice. I love to dress...every phase, from slipping on my nylons to my polished nails. Dressing feels so natural, makes me happy, relaxed, feels wonderful..I?ve quit asking ?why?? So, why not.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carole , It is just who I am and it is what I do,

It is having the best of both worlds. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I don't identify as a woman or feel feminine when I wear these clothes. I enjoy the clothes and I look good and thus feel good in them. When I go out I feel I have to walk and talk as close to the way a woman does as I can. This is acting, and I know from being on stage that I get a buzz out of it. Acting as a woman is likely to cause less friction in the street than acting as a cowboy or a soldier in costume. The big thing is that I do it because it is FUN.

Perfect, Carole! Agree with all of those reasons. Nancy

I do it for all of Carole's reasons, but they are secondary to something else and I really don't know what that "something else" is. I resonate to pretty much everything Stephanie47 wrote. I have no clue why I like to crossdress as doing so flies in the face of all I was and represented to the world growing up.

I tried for decades to answer that question just for me, then I gave up.
    It's just part of me that can't be expressed any other way and without it I'm not complete.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I must add one reason why I crossdress. I don't believe anyone else has mentioned it. Crossdressing gives me the opportunity to wear PINK. I pretty much love pink. Pink, blush, salmon, ballet slipper, rose, watermelon, coral, lemonade, crepe, fuscia, flamingo, taffy, magenta, punch, rouge, bubblegum and hot pink. Those are most of the colors recognized as "pink" varieties. I have never worn any in man-mode, but pink is the most common color in my top wardrobe.

Mary, my boss used to tease me when I wore my pink polo to work by saying, with comic emphasis,"it's Salmon!" It wasn't. It was Pink.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    My mother put me in panties when I was young. My sisters helped dress me as I grew older. It was fun to dress up and play. As I got older I preferred girl's clothes. Still do today.

Ah-May-Lee
    When I was 30 years old my aunt would force me to dress as a girl for punishment.

I thought I dress the way I do is cause I am a woman, but like Mikki Finn, I make money dressed as a woman and even more since I got bigger boobs.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Uh, what could a 30-year old man do that would warrant punishment by crossdressing? And why would a 30-year old go along with it?

And I don’t want to speak for Micki, but I believe she was being facetious about the money. This site is well known for its sophisticated understated humor. It’s what keeps me coming back. Well, that and the outfits.

Just musing out loud.
    Last edited by Patience; 11-28-2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: I can’t hear you. Lalalalala....

Ah-May-Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Uh, what could a 30-year old man do that would warrant punishment by crossdressing? And why would a 30-year old go along with it?

And I don’t want to speak for Micki, but I believe she was being facetious about the money. This site is well known for its sophisticated understated humor. It’s what keeps me coming back. Well, that and the outfits.

Just musing out loud.
    The 30 year old thing is just unsophisticated humor.

I kinda thought what Mikki said was humor but the rest of my post was not humor. For me it would be impossible to write down all the reasons I am the way I am, money would be one of them, well it use to be.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I believe you.