Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why cross dress or present as a woman?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why cross dress or present as a woman?

A common question asked of people like me/us is why do you cross dress or present as a woman.

I am sure that the answers will vary a lot among us. For me, there are several parts to my answer.

I like how I look when presenting as a woman.
    I like how the clothes feel.
    I like how many choices of skirts, blouses, tops, dresses are available to me.
    I like pretty shoes. Unfortunately, balance problems have greatly limited my choices. No more high heels..bummer!
    I like to wear earrings, bracelets, necklaces that are pretty.
    I like to wear panty hose, panties, bras, slips.
    I like how makeup and wigs improve my appearance.
    I like how people treat me when interacting with me presenting as a woman.

The short answer is that I like everything about presenting as a woman!
    Hugs, Carole

those are the correct answers. but just "I enjoy and like it" should do too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

The clothes reaffirm feelings of femininity that I already have.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I do it for the money :P

Exactly what Teri said.
    I will never understand why, so i enjoy it and try not to feel bad about it in the dark hours when sleep refuses to come.
    Would i change if i could? I honestly dont know.

As a part-time Princess, what else would I wear?
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Do people actually ask you that question?

I can't remember anyone asking me why?

I have been out for a while and talked to a lot of people. Maybe it is because they assume that I like being the the way I am, and they would be right.

Banned Read only
    My honest answer is I don't know why I cross dress or present as a woman. Your list encompasses all the feelings experienced when wearing women's clothing. It really does not answer the big "Why!" Decades ago when my wife and I had "The Talk" initially it did not go well. I uttered something about my feminine side. She blew her top off. Something about "When you can have a baby you can talk about your feminine side." I realize her retort was based on ignorance. She has become educated, especially with all the LGBT rights issues over the years. However, she did have a point. I had to offer her the truth as I know it. "I do not know why I do what I do!" That's it a nutshell.

It may be easier to understand that some individuals are "born in the wrong body." But, what of a person who feels totally at ease sliding back and forth; presenting as a decent looking guy and as a well groomed mature woman? Perplexing to say the least. Your list has the outward appearances of wearing women's clothing. Along with the outward appearances there is also the adoption of mannerisms. When attired as a woman I sit with my knees together and not splayed apart. When I pick up something off a lower shelf I squat and do not bend over, making sure I do not show my panties or the tops of my stockings. When getting in and out of a car with a dress on I sit and then swivel my body into position. When I sit in a dress I smooth the back of the dress when I sit down so it is not rumbled under by bottom. The male gait is left behind. My pace is slower. The hand gently wisps away a stray hair that's in my face. There is no longer any sexual component to wearing women's clothing. Even when I reflect back to those teenage years when there was a sexual component didn't teenage girls explore their sexuality? It takes a long long time for a man to shed the self loathing and doubts of who he is and is not.

It's definitely not a hobby. I do agree, I like everything about presenting as a woman. I still don't know why I do what I do.

I do like how I look and it makes me happy. I have grown my hair out and am looking more like me dressed or not, but when I wear the womens clothes and add make up I am feeling my best. I do not ask why anymore it just works for me.

I am with Stephanie47. I like being a nice looking guy, and being a nice looking lady, and do not totally know why. I do not like ALL clothing designed for women, though. I like only certain classic dresses, skirts, tops, heels, pantyhose, pearls, broaches, earrings, bracelets,wigs, girdles. I do not like thongs at all, or many modern fashions.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 11-16-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Panties and bras make me feel pretty.

Call it a mid life crisis but I do enjoy reminiscing about my youth when I lived as a girl for a lot of years.
    So I dress to relive those growing years!
    I was coddled and doe-ted on as a ill premee baby by a Mother whose last child was another boy.
    Hormone therapy over my child years changed my body and my breast grew before most girl of my age.
    It all allowed me to explore my feminine side gradually...with subliminal help.
    My femme wardrobe won out and I started getting counseling to transition.

So for me, it was how I was raised, but never truly realized.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I have no choice. I love to dress...every phase, from slipping on my nylons to my polished nails. Dressing feels so natural, makes me happy, relaxed, feels wonderful..I?ve quit asking ?why?? So, why not.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carole , It is just who I am and it is what I do,

It is having the best of both worlds. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    I too like all phases of being a woman. It's like having an alter ego.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes it is my hobby and it makes me feel relaxed

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

My very short answer is it's in the genes

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    My honest answer is I don't know why I cross dress or present as a woman. Your list encompasses all the feelings experienced when wearing women's clothing. It really does not answer the big "Why!" Decades ago when my wife and I had "The Talk" initially it did not go well. I uttered something about my feminine side. She blew her top off. Something about "When you can have a baby you can talk about your feminine side." I realize her retort was based on ignorance. She has become educated, especially with all the LGBT rights issues over the years. However, she did have a point. I had to offer her the truth as I know it. "I do not know why I do what I do!" That's it a nutshell.

It may be easier to understand that some individuals are "born in the wrong body." But, what of a person who feels totally at ease sliding back and forth; presenting as a decent looking guy and as a well groomed mature woman? Perplexing to say the least. Your list has the outward appearances of wearing women's clothing. Along with the outward appearances there is also the adoption of mannerisms. When attired as a woman I sit with my knees together and not splayed apart. When I pick up something off a lower shelf I squat and do not bend over, making sure I do not show my panties or the tops of my stockings. When getting in and out of a car with a dress on I sit and then swivel my body into position. When I sit in a dress I smooth the back of the dress when I sit down so it is not rumbled under by bottom. The male gait is left behind. My pace is slower. The hand gently wisps away a stray hair that's in my face. There is no longer any sexual component to wearing women's clothing. Even when I reflect back to those teenage years when there was a sexual component didn't teenage girls explore their sexuality? It takes a long long time for a man to shed the self loathing and doubts of who he is and is not.

It's definitely not a hobby. I do agree, I like everything about presenting as a woman. I still don't know why I do what I do.
    I do not post here usually, but what you said hit home.

My usual quick answer is " because I want to, and I can"

In the womb there was hormone imbalances and this caused parts of my brain to develop feminine traits.
    That part of my brain feels that I am woman. So to keep it happy I sometimes dress how a woman should. When it's satisfied I can tell it to go hibernate I then carry on with life as if I am a regular dude. Until that side starts craving attention again.

If they ask (and a few have), I tell them the truth.

When I was young I wanted to try on a girl's dress (unfortunately, it didn't fit).

For the 50+ years since then, I've wanted to dress and go out. I now have the opportunity and I try to make the most of it.

I like the feel of women's clothes.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Carole,
    None of that would happen if something inside wasn't driving it , I was born with a female trait so the question is why do I need to do all the points and more on your list ? It's not enough to say what drives us we need to show how we feel , some say it's not about the clothes but they inform people there is an inner need that has to be expressed .

Maybe it should be turned round to ask why you hate dressing in male mode , why does it feel wrong to some of us ?

To me now to dress in male mode is like CDing , I prefer to wear the items on your list because it feels right , I feel comfortable and at ease , my enjoyment now is going out in tbe RW as Teresa .

Thanks to all of you for your responses. They are further proof that there are no simple "one size fits all" answers. I agree that there is something inside of us that pushes us to pursue our desires. For many it is a very strong desire as we often take some risky chances. There is also strong evidence that the desires rarely, if ever, go away. Each person has to figure out how to manage their situation.
    Hugs, Carole

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    Wearing feminine attire just feels right. Given other circumstances, I have no doubt I would dress as a woman close to 24/7.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

When you are middle aged and weigh 108 lbs there isn't anything "age appropriate " to buy as a guy, but I can find any style I want in XS and size 7 shoes!

As a joke my older sister dressed me up as a girl when I was little. I took her seriously and continued to dress as one.