Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why cross dress or present as a woman?

What would we talk about here on CD.com if we didn't? Anyway, the Devil makes me do it.

Honestly I haven't a clue to why I dress. What I do know is I want to and need to. I feel like I can finally be myself. Why should only girls have all the fun.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Well as something that has been with me like forever , it just feels right to do so.
    At the moment been going out a bit lately where it feels natural and getting that girly girly buzz about clothing makeup heels selection to look as best i can.
    Luckily darling wife is on board and pressing me to explore my needs so i have free rein , well except have to be careful as no one else knows.

This is a great conversation and much more revealing than many others on this subject. I'm not sure which came first: my desire to dress as a female or my feminine appearance and attributes, particularly when I was younger. I was teased as school when I failed to develop as my contemporaries did and it seemed natural to wear a bra over my rudimentary but developing breasts and to wear panties and skirts when there was very little to hide underneath. I did eventually achieve puberty to a degree but it left me very lacking in masculinity and an addiction to presenting as a woman, something I still do on a regular basis. Like others here, I dress to be noticed which has involved me in a few situations, but I am attracted to large masculine women who can dominate me physically. I am not gay or interested in transition, but I am what I am! Keep the comments coming - it's fascinating!

Aspiring Member
    I too like all phases of being a woman. It's like having an alter ego.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes it is my hobby and it makes me feel relaxed

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

My very short answer is it's in the genes

At about six or seven I was culled from all my girl friends and girl playmates. In second grade I was made to sit on the side of the classroom with the boys.. And at first communion while all my friends got to wear pretty frocks, veils and receive white leather bibles I was forced to wear a blue suit and carry a black bible and sit on the boys side of the church. It was wrong, I belonged with my friends.

As time went on I was forced more and more into the regimented world of the drab and team sports, metal shop, wood shop. I hated it.

...No, you cannot go to home economics with your friends.

...Watch your fingers in the band saw.

...Heat up that soldering iron and put the flux on this part of the tin.

...Got to get ready for the mill in a few years.

Hated it. But then I realized if I did not comply I would be hurt or killed so I stepped into place and did as I was told.

Except for this secret thing that I do to just try and be me, the real me, for a few stolen moments.

Oh, and that hormonal wash thing in the womb, yeah that too!
    Last edited by Alice K; 11-29-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Banned Read only
    Why do people like restaurants?
    Why did we choose to go to the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Why do people like restaurants?
    Why did we choose to go to the moon?
    Restaurants because they offer foods and dishes people don’t commonly make at home, and also the convenience of not having to do the cooking or cleanup oneself. And as for the moon, there are a number of both scientific and strategic reasons to do so, as well as the political status of doing so before our biggest rival.

Thanks to all of you that shared your thoughts and feelings. It has been very interesting to read the responses
    Hugs, Carole

When you are middle aged and weigh 108 lbs there isn't anything "age appropriate " to buy as a guy, but I can find any style I want in XS and size 7 shoes!

As a joke my older sister dressed me up as a girl when I was little. I took her seriously and continued to dress as one.

Just to be ME, basically, i like to dress and I feel more comfortable with myself when dressed. it's fast becoming a normal way of life for me despite losing 4 friends (two couples) along the way.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've been working at this for over 60 years and it has proven to be the only thing I've found that consistently addresses the discomfort I feel from gender dysphoria.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I really wish I knew what the root of my crossdressing/desire to be feminine or a woman is. It is clear it started off early as I can distinctly remember admiring female clothing when I was a teen if not younger. In some ways I wish I knew so I could “fix it”. There are many times where I yearn to be more normal especially when it concerns dating/relationships. Not being a crossdresser or desires to be feminine would make dating smoother.

I do have a crazy hypothesis as to why I crossdress (could be applicable to other people too). I wonder if feelings of inadequacy at a young age sent me to making an alter ego (I did see someone mention alter ego earlier). Instead of a masculine alter ego it is a feminine one. Now I say this is crazy because it was not exactly like I really created an alter ego. I never made up a name or backstory of my feminine side, I really didn’t pursue it heavily either.

Now there is also the likelihood that if I spoke to a therapist who is specialized with people in the LGBT+ community the notion that I was really transgender might came up and this would not surprise me one bit. Or at the very least the notion of being bi-gender/pan-gender (whatever you want to call it). In trying to process this whole crossdressing desire over the years those thoughts have crossed my mind multiple times and many times the idea of being transgender really made sense. Regardless, if in the long run I really come to some conclusion on being transgender and the answer was that I am then the crossdressing makes complete sense. If not the search for an answer continues. I do hope in the long run I can come to terms with the whole ordeal as these feelings/desires are not going to just disappear magically.

I can thank 3 older sisters for my penchant for wearing women’s clothing. While young, I enjoyed watching them doll-up for dates, etc. Occasionally they would dab my cheek with rouge, and curl my lashes.
    Now, I love to crossdress.
    I enjoy: the feel of the silky material on my smoothly shaven skin, applying make-up and lipstick, donning thigh-high stockings, hip pads, and a black bra with realistic breast forms. I then partially cover my intimates with a fairly snug top and tights or jeans, or a body-con dress. (I have these curves today, I want to see and show them ;-)
    And, always 2-3 inch heels, never flats.
    I enjoy all the processes that are involved with looking (and acting) feminine. JD
    Last edited by JayeDee; 12-27-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    I used to be influenced by peer pressure, but my friends talked me out of it.

Silver Member
    I like it, it makes me feel nice and it?s part of me, it?s been part of me for pretty much most of my life

Why do I enjoy it? Well let?s see,

I love the clothes,
    I love the feeling of being cute/pretty/sexy depending on how I feel like dressing.
    I love the feeling of being someone else for a bit
    I love the change of appearance with make up!

I spent many a sleepless night pondering why I ever felt the way I do, there is no answer. As long as you are not hurting anyone in the process it's fun, relieves stress and helps you enjoy life more. I don't see any downsides.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Me? It's fun and challenging. I have no desire to present myself as a women. I just like wearing the same clothes. I love and respect women, so by dressing as they do I can one, spend time walking in their shoes and maybe understand them better. Also to feel some solidarity with them.

For me it is the expression of my feminine side. Everyone has some degree of both genders. I believe that, like many others, mine is quite strong.

What other choice do I have? I have to follow my instincts.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

As a teenager I never questioned why I was developing a compulsion to try on women's clothing but I knew that it was turning me on. It wasn't until later in life that I started reading up on crossdressing to find out a) what was compelling me to do this and b) if there was a way to stop. As many have already pointed out, there are a lot of different reasons for why we want to dress up in women's clothing but I'm pretty sure I personally fall under the 'trans fetishist' category. In other words, I get a kick out of transforming myself into what I believe to be a beautiful woman but the feelings (and urges) quickly go away after...well... y'know ;-) Those feelings then return a little later and I'm back to square one again. As for whether there's a way to stop - nope, doesn't look like it! And I'm happy to keep dressing

So many reasons why. I loved the way I looked when dressed, especially when fully dolled up and wearing a wig. I was always small and not a "jock" at all, the first time I saw myself fully en femme in the full length mirror I as stunned and I thought, "I wouldn't stand a chance at getting a date with her, she was beautiful". I was cross dressing long before thamt day, and have never stopped, but that moment really brought it home.

But I love Micki_Finn's post: "I do it for the money :P" Outstanding! ROFLOL made my Christmas
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 12-27-2019 at 05:50 PM.

I said before that i enjoy the feeling of being dressed and feeling pretty but I am also working on getting ready to try to perform on stage in drag. In this case I think the drive to dress comes from my desire to perform. I have been on stage acting and playing in bands. I think the idea of being dressed gives me more confidence while being on stage. I think that it is because in my mind Victoria is this person that is calm and collect so when I?m dressed up I feel more confident as well.

I like the feel of panties and pantyhose and looks of high heels and skirt so much, I have to wear it at least part time. I present myself as a woman as much as I can just because It's easier to do that than openly wear heels and skirts as a man. I would do it all the time, if I wasn't scared how would stepping out of the closet negatively impacted on my life. My family, friends and people at work are to conservative for that to go smoothly.