Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A raccoon ate my silicone breast plate!

That's so funny, thanks Doc. It's a shame you don't have security camera footage or something. I wonder what the raccoon thought it was, to be worth the trouble of swimming out to get.

DSC_0021.jpg

Backyard raccoons. This troupe showed up in the middle of the day at our place. They are wearing way too much eye shadow.
    Last edited by JanetW; 11-18-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Here, 3 miles south of downtown and a long ways from the edge of the city, have rabbits, skunk, raccoons, coyotes, fox, and many years ago I could swear I found a bear dropping on a walkway in my flower gardens. Last summer a raccoon raided one of my two small lily ponds and ate all the lilies, roots and all. So sorry for your loss. In my experience, raccoons will eat anything or at least try to eat it.

Reminds me of the Jeff Foxworthy story about a guy that got his nipple bit by a beaver!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

What an odd way to lose a piece of kit.

Next time, use something to weigh it down so it stays underwater. Or something.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Oh no! Is this the culprit?
    Racy Racoon.jpg

Or...think about this electric deer repellent. He touches his nose to the bait and zing! 400 (harmless) volts.
    You would have to shorten the post to coon size. Bait it with tunafish --or better yet--scrap silicone, or what have you.
    Try to get pictures, OK?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Havahart...5250/202072056

Around here we have wood rats (AKA pack rats.) One got up in my wife's car and caused $800 damage to the wiring. Another one chewed up the trailer wiring in my truck. A few years ago a weasel got into the chicken coop. Forty chickens, no survivors. My barn cats disappear regularly and there are a lot of fat coyotes around here. Ain't nature beautiful?

Hey Doc. Next time you dress up, may I suggest this as a soundtrack?

50B632BB-FC97-468F-93CA-3A57ACDC3238.jpg

When haters hate, I celebrate!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Around here we have wood rats (AKA pack rats.) One got up in my wife's car and caused $800 damage to the wiring. Another one chewed up the trailer wiring in my truck. A few years ago a weasel got into the chicken coop. Forty chickens, no survivors. My barn cats disappear regularly and there are a lot of fat coyotes around here. Ain't nature beautiful?
    After driving to work yesterday, I caught a small lizard on top of my dash board!
    So, I guess you're rite!
    I put him safely in a nearby bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Hey Doc. Next time you dress up, may I suggest this as a soundtrack?

50B632BB-FC97-468F-93CA-3A57ACDC3238.jpg

After gluing a number of pieces back into it, my breast plate looks A LOT like that guy's face, Patience!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The title for that MOI album came from a 1950's men's adventure magazine. We've come a long way from "Weasels ripped my flesh" to "Raccoons ate my breastplate." I picture the cover art as a CD swinging a purse at a hoard of bloodthirsty raccoons.

bnke9iai9wk21.jpg

Wow a raccoon eating your Rack! real bummer.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

DSC_0001.jpg
    Ring tailed vermin.

Aspiring Member
    I have never lost my cloths or forms to them, They are safe in the house, but I have had to clean up many a mess made by them out in my big tool shed.

Wildlife is great, but we do have enough of some species.
    Last edited by char GG; 11-20-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Please read the rules

Silver Member
    You have to look at the positive at least you weren't in it when the raccoon attacked.

I have these critters around every so often. One takes his nap behind my patio fence and the others play around my court and mess up all the wood chips in front of my home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Sorry about the raccoon having an odd breakfast diet , I bet it put a spring in it's step and it's possibly the only racoon that does it's No2s gift wrapped !!!

Susan,
    Your reply made me smile , I tried that on on about my dog eating my homework , it earned me two hours in detention , sad thing is I was telling the truth !!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry , And I felt bad when I snagged one of my forms with a front bra hook some years ago.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!