Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she right?

Is she right?

A question for all. I ordered a snug sweater to wear with a pair of black leggings when I go out this week. My wife said it was not too tight but snug. She further opined that I should wear some looser fitting clothes since, as she put it, "you're not 25 anymore trying to pick up a guy" lol. Now I am 65 but i'm 5ft 6 135-140 so I do have the build for it. Is she overreacting or am I being unrealistic in my choice of clothing?

You're both right. You should dress age appropriate if you want to blend in more. However, you should dress in what makes you comfortable as well. Im still learning this balance for sure, always a work in progress.

That reminds me of a song: ...Those soft fuzzy sweaters - too magical to touch...

Anyhow, I know what she means, but if you look good in something, you look good. I am not far from your age and I wear things that typically a younger women would wear like short skirts. The thing is, young girls have complemented me on what I wear frequently. If you get complements, then I would go with it - unless you get put in the dog house because of it. My wife is DADT so I can't ask, but if I could mine would say the same thing. I can see her now wagging her finger at me - act your age. Haha.

Sandi

Without knowing YOU personally Or seeing the exact outfit, it’s hard to say. I can wear a dress and look demure and classy, but if my wife wore the same dress it would be obscene with her bust. I will say when it comes to age, it’s not so much “having the build” for it as other factors.

Silver Member
    Angela, if you actually look younger when dressed pretty, and in makeup, you could elect dressing like the age you appear to be. I know how you want to appear in your sweater, but don't let them be like headlights. That's your wife's concern, me thinks.

It depends... Are you looking to pick up guys, or at least attract that kind of attention? Then tight and short is the right look. If, on the other hand, you wish to be treated with respect and courtesy due a woman your age, dress the part.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Platinum Member
    I went back and looked at some of your postings of pictures. I think some of the outfits were a little short for your age based on societal norms and expectations. As to a snug sweater and leggings I think your wife is keyed into that societal norms concept. She knows your age and assumes you're not looking to attract men. However, from the picture postings your body is really nice for a woman your age. If you encountered a random individual I think the person would think you're a lot younger which is also probably your mindset. I definitely would not recommend baggy anything for your body. There is a difference in my mind between tastefully snug/form fitting and bordering on enhancing body parts too much.

Banned Read only
    I am one for blending and dressing your age but I would also have to see the you in outfit before I could pass judgment. I have been surprised about how many compliments I get wearing something that is probably a little too young for me.

Just last Friday I wore a dress just like this with boots out dancing and got lots of compliments.
    m_5dadbad12eb33fea4faa041a.jpg
    I you look closely the pattern is roses, skeleton keys, bows, and skull and crossbones, defiantly a little goth/punk for a lady in her 50's but I rocked it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I will go out on a limb here maybe your wife knows it looks good on you and doesn't want you to get attention hence the suggestion to wear something baggy.
    When your wife tells you something there is most always an ulterior motive in what she says.
    I don't know if you two were planning on having a girls night out in public or something but most women want to be the center of attention if other women are present.

I have found that sizing up tends to make me look slimmer and smaller. Just my two cents.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    Depends on what you are looking for. I will tell you that older women wearing tight dresses is usually not a good idea. I miss not being young with a hot bod. My wife and her friends have moved toward less provocative clothes long ago. Do they look at the clothes and think if only I was younger sure. I hear it on shopping trips all the time. You are in about the same size as I am. I tried on a dress and looked in a mirror I took it off as there is no way I would look good in it. We have one neighbor who wears teen clothes. It is a joke among her neighbors.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 11-17-2019 at 10:21 PM.

If it looks good on you, wear it. If not, don't.

You bought it to wear it, right? If it isn't age appropriate, who cares? We're not supposed to be wearing women's clothes anyway.

As to attracting men, does your wife dress nicely to attact men or to dress nicely? I assume it's the latter. The same rules apply to you.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't go for that "dress your age crap" people that say that can't wear that stuff. I say wear what you like as long as you look good in it and it's appropriate for where you are going.

I agree. If you can wear it and look decent, then wear it.

My wife is 58 years old, 5'2" and 100 pounds. she can wear about anything. Should she be "required" to wear the same thing the typical 58 year old wears? Most women her age are 50 pounds or more over weight. She will not wear in public what she did years ago, but on the other hand she won't wear sweat pants and sweaters either! She looks good in skinny jeans and tank tops, so why not !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Angela, u have a mirror. So, I'll let u decide the look u want to wear out and why!

But, as to age? I'm 76 and this is how I look when I go out!
    69992805_1333398073490812_7280030855903313920_n.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think the problem is that we can pad ourselves out to a “younger” silhouette: everything is perkier than it should otherwise be! I would say that if you are being honest with yourself and like your outfits then carry on. If you have doubts, heed them. Personally, I think leggings shouldn’t even exist

Angela First looking back at other post great job losing weight I saw 3 post with new dresses I feel two where too short again you look great but I agree with your wife, the white with gray and black strips perfect. Connie

Angela, If you have the figure to pull it off, wear it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I really like the sweater and leggings look. Without a picture I can't tell how tight snug looks. Like the old saying goes .... if ya got it, flaunt it!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you look nice in it wear it.

A little exercise and I dropped my waist below 25 inches! I have more of an hourglass figure than some young women!

I should have posted a picture so people could be more objective. I attached the photo with the sweater on. Didn't have time for makeup.IMG_1678.JPG

You look fine, but than it is not my opinion that matters.

Your problem is with your wife, and why see objects to the outfit, going out, or whatever.

People have completely different options on fashion and how to represent . Like my roommate, she in her seventies and is stuck in the fifties with her attitude. Her view is completely different than most of my friends that are twenty - thirty years younger.

I do not dress to blend, hide, as far as age appropriate I don't know what that is I've never been this age before.

With my roommate and her family too (when they were visiting) I initially had problems with them questioning my fashion. After going out together and them seeing that they were wrong, they changed their tune.

Yes I get attention, maybe not as much as my seventy something roommate with her silver hair with purple tips. But like my roommate I get positive feedback.

If you don't want to attract attention why not just dress like some average guy, that should do it.

My suggestion would be to dress how you like. The two of you go out together and prove her wrong.

I think you should listen to your wife .
    Depending on if we were going to a club or just out doing everyday things I would give Sherlyn my opinion because I would want the best for her to fit in. And remember sometimes things look ok on camera or the mirror but the over all look is not good.
    So I would think your wife would have your best interest at heart.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Banned Read only
    Well from your little photo you look fine.