Thread: Shopping, a bigger challenge for those of us in dadt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shopping, a bigger challenge for those of us in dadt

I'm posting this thought in the crossdressing instead of clothing forum as it's about how dadt shop and not about fitting clothes, makeup or how to dress. I'm focusing specifically on those who are dadt and do not go out in the RW and struggle with how and where to shop. I understand that some are going to say "just do it" and to some extent I can do that but it's more complicated for some of us due to where we live and who we could possibly run into. Where I live we have a couple thrift stores and a dollar store. It's not just the clerks because I can handle that, it would be easy. My fear is running into family members and friends which could happen easily as this isn't that big of a town.

My solution has been to shop in another suburb for intimate things at an adult gift shop, for wigs at a costume store, and for makeup at the dollar store and always in stealth man mode buying for "her". I'm at a place where I would like to dress more completely with wig and makeup at least a couple times a week. I am dadt and she doesn't want to see me so that along with her paying our bills I haven't been doing any online shopping where I would likely get a better fit than when I nervously grab the first thing off the shelf. Right now the way I'm doing my shopping at the adult gift store I put off the vibe of an old woman still trying to look sexy so another advantage of expanding my shopping is that I'll be dressed more age appropriate which in turn may give me the confidence to go out en femme. I know that a lot of you out there are in much easier to manage situations and would suggest that I just strut into the store and shop but I struggle with that right now, maybe if things keep progressing as they are now I will strut in and shop one of these days. For now I just need a work around so that I can increase my wardrobe without getting busted in the thrift store by a relative.

My wife took over the bill paying decades ago and does a great job with the financial details so I just left it that way. Now I'd like to make some online purchases which would be my best option but I can't use a credit card or have the packages delivered to my home. I'm afraid to get a card that can have value added because an address is required and I don't want any mailings coming to the house. After some research I found out that gift cards do not require an address or send out mailings so purchasing on a gift card and having packages delivered to a friends residence would make stealth shopping a possibility.

So what have some of you other dadt stealth sisters done to resolve this problem?
    Last edited by Star01; 11-20-2019 at 12:09 PM.