Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Are you wearing... a bra?"

"Are you wearing... a bra?"

I saw a thread about visible undergarments and it was timely for me. I underdress almost daily, including a non-padded bra. I don't try to pass and I never try to deliberately show my bra, but I just like to wear these things. And frankly I enjoy the small amount of support that I get from bras.

I was on a flight with my seat reclined (had been upgraded into biz on an international so was almost lying down). My shirt got snagged by something on the edge of the seat and right at that second, the woman next to me looked over and clearly saw my now exposed bra strap. She didn't say anything right away, but then looked over and asked-
    Her "can I ask you something... are you wearing... a bra?"
    Me (i hesitated for a second) "yes, I am. Are you?"
    Her (she waited a few seconds) "Yes. But may I ask... why?"
    Me "Same reason as you. I am more comfortable with my breasts supported"
    Her "Hmm. OK. Well, good for you for being bold enough to do that"

It was surreal. I was totally unprepared for this conversation.

Unprepared or not you owned it and that's a good thing imho. At least it made for an interesting flight if only for a moment.

Gosh I think I would have turned beet red. Haha.

The funny thing is that when going through the TSA checkpoints, they have wanted to feel my chest twice. Apparently my naturally large moobs triggered some alert making them want to frisk me. It was only mildly embarrassing. Once I think it was because of sweat in the summer, but it happened twice now. Another trip, I wore fairly short shorts and pantyhose on the plane years ago. No one said anything, but I became super self-conscious on the 2 hour flight, and held my laptop over my legs most of the ride. The pink fog must have hit me that day because it was a last minute hair brained spontaneous thing.

Sandi

Silver Member
    Good thing you are a quick thinker. At least the fellow passenger didn't make a scene and scream out.

Banned Read only
    Jeaninine,
    Sorry but I feel your reply was a little rude , Ok maybe it was none of her business but it was a fair enough question , she could have been confused and upset by your reply as you were only underdressed in a bra . Her obvious reply might have been I have real breasts to support whereas you don't ( fair commemnt !) so why wear one ?

I don’t know I could have resisted the chance to freak out the muggles with something like “Well my tinfoil hat wouldn’t make it through TSA”

Jeanine, I think you handled it perfectly, you are a very quick thinker. Good for you!
    Crissy

Gold Member
    Great answer, I must remember that one, just in case I get asked.
    Rader

Micki, I like that answer way more creative

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Own it. thats this best policy.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Own it. thats this best policy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I don't think your reply was rude, but I do think she was offering you a chance to talk if you wanted a sympathetic ear? And you shut that door pretty good LOL But you were caught on the hop, fair enough, it wasn't a scenario you ever expected to happen and you erred on the side of caution as a reflex. But maybe now you know this can happen you could consider if next time you might actually want to talk about it?

Just a thought. I could be wrong; I can't infer her tone from the written words. But "may I ask why" is polite, it's not OMG You're a Witch!! Get the tar and feathers!!
    Last edited by Eemz; 11-20-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Silver Member
    I often wear small pads in my bra when I underdress, and depending on the type shirt I'm wearing, the little bumps do show. If I'm ever asked if I'm wearing a bra I'll simply say 'yes.' If asked why, I'll say because I have boobs.

Aspiring Member
    Good answer, I like wearing my Brassiere because I like staring in the mirror, I like the sensation I get from wearing it, My waist looks smaller.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

A small amount of women can find that sort of thing titillating. While a lot of people on this forum immediately shoot down any suggestion that women can have fetishes towards cross dressers, it does happen (just not often). You might have given the brush off to one of those rare creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    A small amount of women can find that sort of thing titillating. While a lot of people on this forum immediately shoot down any suggestion that women can have fetishes towards cross dressers, it does happen (just not often).
    So true!

Jeanine, I loved your handling of the situation, but I would LOVE to have been in your shoes that day. I got tingly just thinking about how cool that flight could have been.

Aspiring Member
    I have never been asked but I would respnd. Yes I am. If asked why, I would say because I need it. I have always been teased about my moobs. So as long as people noticed I have enhanced the. I love my boobs

Jeannie, That was a great comeback.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    I think you did fine in your discussion. Perhaps you could have just answered with, yes I need the support.

I used to fly several times a week and underdressed including wearing a bra. I did have a stew that put her hand on my back and freaked out. I told her no worry, but she was young and new. She was embarrassed I guess.

Jeanine, it sounds like you handled the situation well. Very cute story. Thanks for sharing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    BRA freaking VO for owning it. No pun intended, sorry about that. Owning who you are with pride is the best answer for practically everything CD related.

As for the quick thinking that someone else noted. Isn't it so much easier keeping your story straight when you just speak your truth? Another facet of owning it.

Again, congratulations.

But the questions that woman asked would have been totally unacceptable if the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't they? What would be the reply If you asked a woman, "Are you wearing a bra?" and "Why?". I can't think of anything more inappropriate.

Banned Read only
    Suzanne,
    Your last paragraph was about the point I was making , asking a GG if she's wearing a bra and why is inappropriate , I'm afraid being underdressed you must be prepared to accept the rough with the smooth .

Silver Member
    Maybe it is because I am from the northeast and we are not as open to strangers as other parts of the country but...

Wasn't that a bit rude for the GG to ask? I don't think it was rude to ask her if she was wearing a bra, it was rude for the GG to ask the OP.

I'd never ask a stranger about their underwear.

I suspect the GG was more nosy (or bored) than titillated.

Interesting experience and conversation. I applaud you for your honest reply...quick thinking. Actually, I thought her question was both rude and none of her business. She sounded both nosey and judgmental...her hesitant reply..hmmmm and OK...good for you...being bold enough. I think I would have told her..yes..and I?m also wearing panties and pantyhose..whether you were or not...and smiled.

Interesting story. did your conversation with here end there or was there some normal chit chat after that?

I never under-dress. it is fully dressed or not for me. Even when I am at home alone.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Cool story Jeanine
    Angie

Platinum Member
    I don't think Jeanine nor her seatmate was rude. Jeanine had a good comeback when she asked her question. The written word does not offer any voice inflection or facial gestures. I am assuming there was no rude inflections by either. I've been to beaches where it was very obvious there were many men in need of a bra and maybe a girdle too. I've seen many petite women who are not in the least endowed with breasts who need no bra at all, yet wear them for societal norms and expectations. My wife has opined several times while watching a golf tournament on television with me why is alright for a man to have his nipples show through his shirt, and, not a woman? I think someone in a recent post had made the comment/observation that bras these days are all molded to not show nipples.