Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing women?s sleepwear to bed

Wearing women?s sleepwear to bed

So i told my wife 2 years before we got married I like to wear women?s sleepwear. Partially nighties. I have my own draw in the bedroom filled with silk pajamas and nightgowns. She?s ok with this and jokes about it from time to time.

When I told her 3 years ago about my desires for women?s sleepwear I said I would like to wear nighties to bed one day. She said as a compromise I can do it when at home alone but not when she is around.

Now it is 3 years on and she jokes about my extra curricular activity when she isn?t home. Dressing up. But we haven?t had a discussion about it properly since when I told her those 3 years ago. The desire to wear a nightie to bed is still there. She was away for 2 nights and I slept in a nightie all night both nighties Best nights sleep I?ve had in god knows how long. Not because she wasn?t there. That sucked. But I slept in a nightie 2 nights in a row,

And I would like to bring it up to her again the fact I want to wear a silk nightie to bed. But I don?t know how to bring up the subject. What should I do

Platinum Member
    You posed this issue about two years ago. Still no resolution? I would have thought this would have been something ironed out before the "I do's" because she knew about it before getting married. I would not find it amusing to joke about cross dressing while denying a spouse something as simple as wearing a nightgown to bed. Frankly, I'd be pissed off at my wife if she joked about it.

I would recommend telling her you're tired of the joking around. There are two aspects to any nightwear. First, there is the fabric to consider. Second, there is the artistic quality of the nightgown. Is it plain and simple, lacking design or any other hint of femininity? I like to sleep in a floor length nylon gown. It is plain white with spaghetti straps. It is definitely not the height of femininity, but, I like the feel of a nylon gown. I have others that are more feminine and one which is a peignoir with an overlay of sheer fabric. At one time my wife and I actually had bought nightgowns and hosiery for me to wear in bed. Then, she had a reversal of acceptance and participation. We sleep apart because of medical issues, so I do get to sleep in a nightgown and panty and sometimes also don hosiery.

If this is the same women of your posts of two years ago I think I would have ironed everything out before tying the knot.

Aspiring Member
    While I do like sexy lingerie, I am wearing a nice cotton winter gown

I usually wear just panties and a tee shirt to bed but last winter I had admired my wife’s sleep pants so she bought me two pairs. I love the warmth and comfort plus of course the fact they are women’s.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    I sleep wearing a Brassiere and Panty and a slip sometimes not always, last Night I did, I find it very relaxing and soothing
    Live Today as if it is your last day

With all due respect I'm confused as to why anyone would wear a bra to bed at night. I have been married for 49 years and I can't recall one time that my wife didn't "free the girls" before turning in for the night. I'm perfectly content to leave my C cup moobs free to breath. I sleep in our lower level and there is snow in my yard this morning so it's not conducive to sleeping in light things like gowns but give me my sweats and I sleep like a baby. Perhaps next time I order sweats I could order some that are more lady like in their color and fabric but my main concern is to stay warm during what looks to be another cold winter.

Star01,
    I don't have any girls to free so I often wear a bra (no forms) to bed at night.

Isn't more clothing likely to help one feel warmer than less clothing?

Silver Member
    I always sleep better in a nightgown or a baby doll nightie. Just makes me feel sexier.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This is something the 2 of u need to work out.

But, one thing I would NOT tell her is u slept better when she wasn't there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    With all due respect I'm confused as to why anyone would wear a bra to bed at night..
    Because they want too? We are all wired differently. I wear a bra and my balloon forms to bed when I can. I would skip the bra, but it holds my forms in place.

To sleep in... neither my nor I wear anything to bed... too much to get twisted up in when you sleep like a rotisserie chicken. However, when I get out of bed... Forms, gown, sleep shirt, nightie, whatever I feel like. Usually it is something that I can wear my forms with because I feel it looks incomplete with out it.

Every night. Panties, thigh highs, especially on cold nights, Vanity Fair nylon pajamas. Sometimes my padded bra. I?ve found rolling up a couple, or more pairs of sheer nylon stockings with a flit of my favorite perfume, fill my bra very nicely and I sleep very well. Your dilemma? She knows. Suggest you slowly engage her in conversation about your enjoyment of wearing female night wear to bed. Curious..do you dress in more than nighties?

I’m very lucky because I can sleep almost every night wearing a bra with forms and panties. I alternate sleeping in a satin nightgown or camisole. Occasionally, I like to go to sleep wearing stockings and a garter belt. Nothing beats the feeling of silky smooth legs!

Jess, Just tell her your need to wear a nightgown is not going away and you would like to wear a nightgown to bed a few nights a week.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have a closet full of gowns, robes and pajama sets, mostly vanity fair, shadowline, vassarette. I have some very nice vintage baby dolls and chiffon (?) peignior sets that are very nice.

I am comfortable wearing a gown adn robe set but not just wearing a short sleeveless nightgown. I like to wear a robe. When I wear pajamas I will occassionally wear a robe.

I have matching panties to most of the gowns. Did you ever realize how many shades of red Vanity used in their gowns and panties! A lot!

Silver Member
    Some years ago there was a push for sleep bras. They were supposed to help keep women from sagging. Well it didn't work and women didn't find them comfortable. I haven't seen them in years. I don't know of a single woman who sleeps in their bra regardless of their cup size. BTW most would probably be wearing the wrong size bra.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just do it and then ask for forgiveness if she doesn't like it.
    Lay off soy products LOL.
    I am amazed by the number of guys here that are afraid to say anything to their wife.
    My marriages were not the best but I always voiced my opinion in matters and she knew where I stood.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-24-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Here how many years? LeeAnnRose's Avatar
    More like two decades of married life, but two months ago I started merging my pj drawer. Ditching any of the short or old guy pj?s and working in my gal ones. Wife has been ok so far, building them into my only night sleep wear. (Recouping some sunk dollars as well! Lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    With all due respect I'm confused as to why anyone would wear a bra to bed at night.
    Same reason why I wear a wig to bed; when I wake up, it provides a sort of feedback that tells me that I'm a girl. It quiets the GID. I don't wear a bra, but I do wear girl pajamas.

For OP: If you're no longer having sex, then I don't see the problem with what you're wearing to bed. but if you ever expect to have sex again with her, I can see how she would feel it to be a sexual turn off so have her hubby dressed like a girl. It's not something we get to choose, what turns us off, or, what turns us on, I mean.
    If I got to choose what turned me on, I'd choose to be turned on by short, fat, ugly women with bad hair, bad breath, a bad complexion and a bad attitude. I'd be having so much sex, I'd have to quit my job.
    But we don't get to choose. Be kind to your wife. There are plenty of us who would gladly take her off your hands for even tolerating having to know that you crossdress, and still, she stays with you. Don't forget how lucky you are.
    Your glass is half full, not half empty.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I generally wear a nightie and cotton panties to bed the in winter I add socks which also have the benefit of keeping my feet softer after moisturising before sleep.

I find that I sleep better than when wearing boxers and a tee and don't wake with a cold back.

My SO know this and encourages it as if I'm a little crotchety in the morning she will ask why I didn't wear my nightie.
    Lots of Love Lilly xx

Not me in the avatar but the lovely Jenny Powell who I loved so much

It is a strange behavior for sure. I mean, really, you are asleep! What does it matter what you wear? Yet we do it. Do I do it? You betcha. Do I enjoy it? Of course. A simple sleep dress (sleepshirt) with cute crescent moons and stars all over it with little words like "sleep," "relax," "dream." Do I need it? Nope. So why do I do it? Because.

Sleeping is our most personal time, a time when we are totally ourselves and can be totally ourselves, oblivious to the world around us. But it is one of the environments that we live in and it is unique because it is being totally alone and most purely yourself. So indulge yourself. The pajama police are not going to come and inspect you to be sure your sleepwear is gender consistent. And our bedmates should not be concerned about it either because, well, they are also asleep and in a personal state just like you and oblivious to whatever you are wearing. At some point we have to draw a line and simply say, "Sleeping is purely my time. My attire doesn't matter to anybody but me. Same for you." At some point we have to set aside the ideologies and just be ourselves.

It must have been a dozen years ago, after I had been out to my wife for a few years already.
    One day she came to me and said that if I wanted to wear a nightgown it was fine with her.
    From that point on I have. Every night I'm in one of my favorite nightgowns, chemise, baby doll (season dependent) and of course my panties, bra and forms.
    At one point she asked why the forms and I just told her everything fits properly with them and they make me feel better wearing them.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

You know, when I wear a silky nightgown, cami, etc. to bed, with panties of course, the soft feel rubbing against my skin makes it that much easier to fall asleep. I am a light sleeper so this helps. Also on cold winter nights, it provides some extra warmth, even though I know its very thin material, but still it feels good. Also it gives my feminine identity more time, and when I wake up in the morning, I feel like a woman instead of a man.

Silver Member
    Jess, put on a pair of your silk PJs, and walk to where your wife is. Don't say a word to her. If anything let her do any talking. You are just wearing PJs, pretty and silky, maybe, but just PJs. Then just go to bed. Who knows, she may prefer the feel of silk to the feel of hair.

I usually wear leggings to bed and I wear them under my jeans everyday. In the winter I also wear fleece fuzzy pj bottoms as well.in the summer at time I like to wear plain T-shirt dresses when I sleep