Thread: That moment of realisation

That moment of realisation

Today I started by doing a bit of provision shopping, we all need food and drink so a quick visit to the supermarket.

A few days ago I bought a pair of 60 denier hold-ups and loved them. Problem is I can't remember where I bought them so I headed across the road to Debenhams, no not there. M&S, nope so can't buy another pair. Did buy some sheer hold-ups though.

I needed to go and retrieve a skirt I'd put in for repair so drove to the shop, paid and then found myself at a bit of a loose end. I decided to park the car and catch the train to a town where I knew there was another shopping centre just really as a way of killing a bit of time.

Anyway it was one of those choices that paid dividends. First shop is an M&S. I'd bought 2 tee shirt bra's earlier in the week and trust me they are really really comfortable so when I found another one in my size, well, just had to have it. Plus there were matching knickers! Still couldn't find those hold-ups. Browsed the skirts and took a shine to an above the knee animal print which called to be tried on. So is there something to go with it. Low and behold I'd spent all week looking for a pale coffee coloured satin blouse to no avail and there it was. Didn't go with the skirt but that needed trying on to.

Both ended up in my shopping bag along with some cheap 100 denier tights. So the bag has a blouse, skirt, hold-ups, tights, bra and knickers. Had a drink and a snack in the cafe and decided to head back.

It had started raining so sat in the waiting room and got chatting to a GG who worked in a local holiday camp about how they dealt with bad customers, the sort of mess they create. Apparently ballroom dances are a pain due to tan and sequin's.

So the train arrives, I get onboard, sit down and just as it pulls out of the station I realise I'd left the best part of ?100 pounds of M&S clothing under the seat in the waiting room. S*^t. Thankfully the next station was only a few minutes away, alighted, contacted a member of staff who rang the other station, found my bag and put it on the next train. Never been so relieved to be handed a bag.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Phew. And I'm sure the contents of that bag were worth more to you than just the money, after all the trouble and work in finding them.

Wow, that was an adventure. Done that a few times myself but never recovered the forgotten things. It sure teaches you a lesson - until the effect wears off and you do it again. You must have a guardian angel.

Incidents like this make me think of the title of Jimmy Breslin's memoir "I Want To Thank My Brain For Remembering Me".
    Two Spirits

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I feel for you it's not a nice experience feeling slightly out of control of a situation , I still recall the feeling when I went pull my debit card out of my pocket only to find it wasn't there luckily it had been picked up and handed into security , a few short anxious minutes and I was reunited with my best friend !!

It sounds like a great time but I had to smile at you comments about doing it 24/7 in your other thread , the little things women have to contend with on a daily basis but don't you just love it ! What would do without M & S ??

Teresa,

The middle aged guy who I'd sat opposite, I got the impression he didn't approve of me, was even more put out when, realising what I'd done, I let out an, and please pardon my French, "Oh bugger". I blame the shock of the moment for my outburst. I'm a lady and normally wouldn't dream of such utterances.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed