So today is the last day of my holiday. All in all it's been an excellent time dudes. Today I go ready at a leisurely pace, new shorter skirt, thick black tights and knee length boots, vee necked pullover and quilted jacket.

I headed off to a National Trust property. For those unfamiliar with the NT it's a charitable organisation that owns and maintains many of England's old stately mansions, castles, old industrial sites not to mention huge tracts of land all preserved for posterity.

The one I headed for was Penrhyn castle which really isn't a castle being built in the 1800's. It's a rich man's show off pad.

The SO and I are members of the NT so using her card I got in free with a female name. I did wonder what the meeters and greeters, who were all lovely, thought.

Now the reason I'm posting this is this was a first for me. A new environment to go enfemme. I've spent the week going here, there and every where but this seemed different. We can disappear in a crowded shop or High St. Easy peasy but this is more intimate especially if you're going around as part of a guided tour as I did. Perhaps a dozen of you, crowded together, spending 45 minutes in close proximity of each other.

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you that I'm going to report that it was a non event. Folks were polite. Many an "After you" as we moved from room to room. Spider sense didn't detect anyone feeling uncomfortable with my presence. No-one trying to keep their distance.

Hence why I'm writing. I hope that anyone who has a desire to go out but as yet teeters on the threshold takes heart for tales such as this. I've had a wonderful week all in all. No-one was rude to me, on the contrary, I've had many friendly conversations with complete strangers. Years ago I too was one to those hanging back. However, once I'd made that decision to step into the light so to speak I've never looked back.

Can I add this. They say never meet your hero's. Well Thursday evening I attended a social group, where I must add I met up with Polly of this forum, but also one of their number Julie. It was some years ago I was sat chatting to Julie when she said she was off out shopping the next day. My memory is that at that time Julie's presentation left something to be desired. As I've written before, I thought if she can I can, and I did. The very next day I walked into my first shop enfemme and the rest is history as they say.

I can report that Julie's presentation is much improved and she's still going out and about. Anyway I spoke to her and said I owed her a huge debt of thanks and went on to explain why. We parted with a hug that evening.