Thread: The very first time I realised there were boys that would be girls

The very first time I realised there were boys that would be girls

For a lot of ?girls? of my age the song LOLA by the Kinks was the first reference to crossdressing in their life. I was fourteen years old then and I could have never imagined that about 50 years later I would be playing and singing this song, dressed as seven (!?) girls. This is really a magical feeling and It?s great that I can share it here with you all. Love, Fiona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSG5...ature=youtu.be

Ha ha I love it. I was expecting "singing this song dressed as a girl" but you went one better by doing it as 7 girls

I can relate to what you're saying as well... I remember listening carefully to the words of this and thinking am I hearing this right? A song about a boy who becomes a girl? On the radio?
    Last edited by Eemz; 11-24-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Lola was actually a instrumental track on The Kinks soundtrack to the film 'Percy' before they added lyrics to a later release.
    I agree. I was always nice to hear a song that made me feel I wasn't alone.
    A friend pointed out to me that, 'Arnold Lane' by Pink Floyd, was a song about crossdressing. I don't know how that escaped me?.?!?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think one needs to be on LSD to understand Arnold Layne in the first place.LOL

I remember hearing Lola for the first time as it came out while I was in the Navy and my dressing was lying dormant at that time. There were other exposures to the idea of crossdressing but it was still very much something that was discussed in hushed tones in those days.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 11-25-2019 at 05:12 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Wren View Post
    Lola was actually a instrumental track on The Kinks soundtrack to the film 'Percy' before they added lyrics to a later release.
    I agree. I was always nice to hear a song that made me feel I wasn't alone.
    A friend pointed out to me that, 'Arnold Lane' by Pink Floyd, was a song about crossdressing. I don't know how that escaped me?.?!?
    It is true. I've read that Arnold Layne was about a transvestite stealing womens knickers from the washing line in the moonlight. But let's be honest, which t-girl wants to be like that?
    Nice information about the instrumental lola, I didn't know that. Will listen to it, Fiona

Fiona, Great video. I remember realizing the song was about crossdressing and thinking its not just me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I was about 10 years old when I began to realize that most boys didn’t want to sneak into their mother’s closet and try on her clothes. I’ve come to accept it, but I’m still not sure I understand it. “You really want to be male all the time? Weird!”

And then of course along came Lou Reed with "Take a walk on the wild side"

Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
    Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way
    Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
    Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My first exposure to crossdressing outside of television comedians and my own experiments was under somewhat bizarre circumstances. I was put in a mental hospital in LA in late 1967. My first roommate was a 17yo gay, schizophrenic, drug addict. I was 12 or just turned 13 at the time. He would tell me stories about how he would dress as a girl to prostitute himself at Venice Beach to get money for heroin. I never got the impression that he was "trans" anything. He just did it for the money and drugs. He only referred to himself as a "pansy" or sometimes as a "nasturtium" which I guess is a sort of advanced type of pansy. Before he was in the nut house with me, he had joined the infamous cult called Synanon to get off drugs. His father, a wealthy Beverly Hills doctor, had him "rescued" from Synanon and committed to the hospital where we met. Strange days!

Great video and a lot of time and work went into it. Thank you for sharing I am a semi- retired DJ and have played that song many times !
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I have never seen the movie Percy, but it has a very humorous premise.
    Every now and then, I?ll play the instrumental version of Lola around folks that haven?t heard it because it?s funny to see them recognize the music but not really quite know what it is. If I wasn?t a fan of the Kinks, I might think I?d be somehow outing myself.

Love the video, i bet someone have a great time making it thanks sso much for sharing with us girls. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I love the look and sound of a chick singer trio. Nice work Fiona.
    Last edited by JanetW; 11-25-2019 at 07:59 PM.

I love it, except that your motions on the drums aren't reflecting the hi-hat playing 8th notes through the whole song. Also, the bass sounds fretted when you're playing a fretless. I look at those things, as I too play bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I think one needs to be on LSD to understand Arnold Layne in the first place.LOL
    You may be right. I feel I like the Post-Barrett Floyd better than the first lineup. Gilmour is awesome.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Love your video and love the song. I was playing it on my phone just the other day.

[QUOTE=Patience;4411279]I love it, except that your motions on the drums aren't reflecting the hi-hat playing 8th notes through the whole song. Also, the bass sounds fretted when you're playing a fretless. I look at those things, as I too play bass.

very sharp observation Patience. The bass was played on another (fretted) bass but I needed a black bassguitar because it looks better, and my fretless bass is black. The drums I dont play myself. I use samples, I dont even have a drumkit, i m sitting in front of a green screen and play the snare and sometimes the toms. In this video you can see how I work. Thanks for your comment, Fiona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK9QTfC0Zjc

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JanetW View Post
    I love the look and sound of a chick singer trio. Nice work Fiona.
    wish I had your long legs, It would be more sexy...

Banned Read only
    In the early 80s there was a TV series called Silver Spoon about a spoiled young boy. In one episode he dressed up as a girl to accompany his friend to a dance (presumably as his date). That was my aha moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    And then of course along came Lou Reed with "Take a walk on the wild side"

Holly came from Miami F.L.A.
    Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
    Plucked her eyebrows on the way
    Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
    Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.
    You're right, that is also a classic song about crossdresser Holly, but not only about her. It's also about Little Joe, Candy and Jackie, or were they also t-girls?

Ah-May-Lee
    I'd get rid of the bass player, just doesn't fit with the rest of the band.

Very good Fiona, I liked your version of the song, nice going.

PS-To Stevie. I met some of the most interesting people in similar circumstances to you.

My earliest cd/trans entertainer experience would not be a singer, but Andy Warhols star Candy Darling. She also had something to do with the Velvet Underground.
    Last edited by Amelie; 11-29-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

nice work Fiona, this song takes me way back ....walk on the wildside lou reed was another for an aspiring wannabe girl!

Quote Originally Posted by fiona de wilde View Post
    Very sharp observation Patience. The bass was played on another (fretted) bass but I needed a black bassguitar because it looks better, and my fretless bass is black. The drums I dont play myself. I use samples, I dont even have a drumkit, i m sitting in front of a green screen and play the snare and sometimes the toms. In this video you can see how I work. Thanks for your comment, Fiona
    Why, thank you! I only thought I'd mention it because you're working too hard on the drum movement. It actually takes less movement to replicate that beat, as brilliantly illustrated by Rowan Atkinson in this sketch:

I gotta check out your other videos. What a fun thing to do dressed!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Why, thank you! I only thought I'd mention it because you're working too hard on the drum movement. It actually takes less movement to replicate that beat, as brilliantly illustrated by Rowan Atkinson in this sketch:

I gotta check out your other videos. What a fun thing to do dressed!
    haha, that is great fun. Rowan Atkinson is so good. I don't think I'll ever get better on the drums, but in my heart I don't care, as long as the backup singers are looking sexy... love Fiona