Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is dancing like a GG *sooo* much fun?

I've always been inclined to move to music because I've got rhythm. I just don't care for the music played in clubs now days.

I have so much rhythm that I tend to dance like an idiot after a couple of drinks. Better to just stay off the dance floor!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    Giving into the excuse that since you are presenting as a woman it's okay to enjoy dancing is completely baffling to me. Boxing, for some reason, is becoming very popular with females but that doesn't mean they are all becoming butch.
    I don't even know what dancing like a girl is supposed to mean.
    THAT ^^^^
    I agree with that whole post really but I've danced for fun ( my whole life ) and professionally since the late 70's and have had some hot times with my fellas , androgynous or not . Publicly , privately , publicly when we should have been privately ... I don't "dance like a girl" whatever that is .
    I speak with my body but anyone can do that ( and should ) .

The STP video on my signature here is a VERY good representation of what myself and my men do together no matter how we are dressed or how they identify ..
    Last edited by Dutchess; 11-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

snip..........

I don't even know what dancing like a girl is supposed to mean. People in typical nightclubs are just randomly flailing limbs anyway.
    so in my youth i started to go to punk rock venues, that is where girls went out to find *ahem* "guys" i regress, so out on the dance floor "randomly flailing" was what we did.

ive always envied folks who went through the trouble to actually learn to dance....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    I don't even know what dancing like a girl is supposed to mean. People in typical nightclubs are just randomly flailing limbs anyway.
    Well that random flailing is kind of my point to people who say they don't know how to dance...

But GM's and GG's do dance differently in general and so do I depending on how I am dressed. When I dance as a girl I try to dance in ways that I find sexy when I see GG's dance. I shake my ass and breasts, I hold my arms up and do a kind of sexy swaying thing as as my arms come down and bend my knees a little... I just close my eyes and let it flow!

After I have had enough drinks as a guy I will dance but it's mostly just moving my feet, hips, swinging my arms low, and trying not to look "too girly".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 11-28-2019 at 12:23 PM.

I dance like Elaine Benes in drag.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieMac View Post
    I dance like Elaine Benes in drag.
    lol Annie...the little kicks!

Went out dancing with two girlfriends to a great gay bar in Albany. I've been there often, and I like the place. On the first floor is a bar, a pool table, & karaoke, upstairs is another bar and a dance floor.

First observation: Of all the women there, there were only 6 wearing heels: the drag queen presiding over karaoke, myself & my 2 friends, and 2 GG's. All the other ladies were wearing flats or low heeled boots.

Second observation: many straight GG's were there, I presumed because they felt safe, There would be few if any, 'creeper guys'.

Third observation: gay bars are fun, alive, but laid back. The one's I've been to are open and friendly: straight, gay, bi, lesbian, trans, CD... whatever, there isn't a hostile vibe in the joint.

When I used to go to clubs as a "he", I was very self conscious, and concerned with trying to look cool and attract girls. I didn't dance.

But, as a "she", it's a different paradigm: I'm not trying to look cool, I'm trying to look sexy, desirable, and most importantly, have fun!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Ah-May-Lee
    When I was younger I'd dance a lot. Went to dance clubs at least 4 times a week. Nowadays I just dance around a camp fire, chanting to the spirits.

I never noticed much difference between men and women dancing, we pretty much danced the same style at the time.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Coming up in the 60's I gravitated towards what is often considered early psychedelic, Ozzy, Blue Cheer, that sort of thing. I played guitar and the pop dance music of the day (bubble gum anyone?) just never appealed to me. A lot of us just liked to sit back on the hill, share a bottle of wine and whatever else was making the rounds, and listen to the music. Consequently, it goes without saying that I can barely dance in guy mode let alone en femme and would likely suffer a painful death in heels.

Silver Member
    My sisters when they were in high school acted as assistant dance instructor at a boys school. They would practice at home and I was the guy when we started out. They would wear their used prom dresses When I started high school they got me a chance to work there also. The instructor said I had to be able to dance backward so as to guide the boys. My sisters worked with me. They knew I liked girl?s clothes so one day they dressed me up to show me how it felt to wear a formal and heels while dancing. From then on I dressed for most all ?practices?. I never let anyone know how I learned to dance backwards. My mother knew but that was the only one.

More than one boy hinted that I could be his date to their dances, but back then that would never fly. I did go out as a girl after after high school with a friend and we danced at street dances.

I dance creatively and have fun in guy mode (which is pretty androgynous). But in girl mode I take it to a whole new level. I have worked on loosening the tight places in my body, and I can now shake my ass as well as most gals.
    When I danced in guy mode, I wanted to find a women to dance with to have pleasure in the dance. Now I get pleasure from me and share it, that has somewhat transferred to guy mode also.
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I don't even know what dancing like a girl is supposed to mean.

Then I'll just let these 3 guys show you a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc17H68IKMs

Banned Read only
    Yes, I know all about Yanis Marshall. He's the one who popularized Heels classes. Marissa Heart is another good one to watch for a similar style:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/marissaheartofficial

The point is you are not going to dance like that in a club. It's choreography for a reason. I could also point out Vogue Fem, Burlesque, and myriads other styles. What you and others were talking about is casual social dancing. And when it comes to that, both girls and guys are just randomly flinging things and bouncing up and down. Unless they are flirting or just trying to be funny they are not full out shaking their boobs, hips, butt, etc.

Well, have fun whatever you do.

i think youve shared that before but its fun to watch
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Me too. It’s like DIY jazzercise
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Kayla, I have been dancing all my life since early high school back in the 60's. Guys and girls, together in twosomes, line dances and in groups with a lot of girls dancing with other girls because of the males lack of ability to dance. Except for a few exceptions, girls and women have a much smoother and flowing (for lack of better words), almost sensual style that I like much better than the typical male dancing style, not on stage, but at "dances". There is a big difference. I do love to see a guy dancing that really moves. That is almost like a special art to me. If you haven't noticed it than maybe that could be because you may be of a generation younger than I am with many generations of styles in between our ages. I can agree that a lot of modern dancing tends to be a bit more jerky and or flailing of arms all around with harder movements. At my age now, that is about the only way I can dance.

Regardless of how one dances, when I first discovered myself, yes, I was so happy I wanted to dance all around, hopefully more like a girl would! Every once in a while I still get that old happy feeling that makes me want to dance. It is a wonderful feeling that makes you want to dance as if no one is looking.

Yes, I know all about Yanis Marshall. He's the one who popularized Heels classes. Marissa Heart is another good one to watch for a similar style:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/marissaheartofficial

The point is you are not going to dance like that in a club. It's choreography for a reason. I could also point out Vogue Fem, Burlesque, and myriads other styles. What you and others were talking about is casual social dancing. And when it comes to that, both girls and guys are just randomly flinging things and bouncing up and down. Unless they are flirting or just trying to be funny they are not full out shaking their boobs, hips, butt, etc.

Well, have fun whatever you do.

It's choreography, that's your rebuttal? Come on!

You mean to tell me that if someone like Yanis were to head to a club for some *social* time, that he wouldn't simply just cut loose -- that he'd instead just be randomly flinging things and bouncing up & down??

Granted, he probably wouldn't be seductively rolling around on the floor of the club, eww. But no doubt he'd incorporate a good deal of that femmy-dance expertise within a social setting.

And no, we can't all be Yanis, of course. But there are enough natal males out there (dancers, drag queens, CD/TG/TS, etc.) who do kinda know how to move like a GG, for sure. Seriously, throw on a corset sometime (though not necessary), which would naturally help you lower your center of gravity to your hips/pelvis, and start dancing a bit. You'll see.

Anyway, the best dancer that I've personally known is an openly-gay male / drag queen on the older side. And not only can he dance *really* well for a guy -- but he can also do the female thing equally as well, both solo & with a male dance partner in couples-dancing, to various music styles. Seriously, very impressive, like my jaw had dropped multiple times whenever I saw that!

Some natal males just have that ability. And yes, there most certainly *can* be a HUGE difference between the way a guy dances, versus a GG. Can there be some overlap, especially with the lesser-skilled/abled? Absolutely! Only natural, as we are all humans, after all, LOL. But to say that there's no difference is actually kinda funny!

Oh! Dancing is my favorite feminine activity! I knew how to dance as a guy, and did fairly well with a good partner. Before I ever cross dressed, I already knew how to both lead and follow, because I taught dance to others. But setting myself free and dancing as a woman is absolutely amazing! Ladies get to be much more expressive with their dance moves.

Banned Read only
    Ellbee, yes, pointing out that it IS choreography is a very important point. If you are in a crowded club you are not going to have room to do all that. Not only that, lots of women don't dance that flamboyantly in a social setting (only on stage) because it's just too much. How do I know all of this? I study many, many dances and have joined dance teams and have done several performances. Since 90% of my friends are dancers I know how people dance socially when they are just dancing to random club music. Sure, they are some obnoxious peacocks but that has nothing to do with dancing like a girl or guy.

I do not need to "throw on a corset" to lower my center of gravity. That's not what's happening anyway. It's moving/leading from you core as opposed to moving your limbs independently. Wrestlers know very well how to lower their center of gravity but that doesn't mean it carries over into dancing. A boxer will sit in their punches (lowering their tailbone and thus center of gravity) but again that's not a feminine movement. That has nothing to do with dancing. It seems like you are conflating knowing how to actually dance/having body awareness with moving like a girl. And...that's the problem. What you and others consider "guy" dancing is just someone who has never been taught any technique. Moving like a block, stiff and jerky movements, etc. are marks of an untrained dancer and not "guy dancing". The bookish, nerdy, socially awkward girls dance like this too. As long as we have these outdated notions of how guys and girls should dance then the idiotic stereotypes of gay males will continue to perpetuate.

For those of you gyrating their hips, shaking their boobs, and wiggling their butt randomly...that is not dancing like a girl. I assume most people on this thread do not have any extensive dance training so that is why I was wondering what they are referring to when they said they are dancing like a girl. If you look up "Cuban motion" for Salsa or ballroom you will see that hip action is meant for women and MEN.

So what does it mean when you tell a guy that he hits like a girl? Basically you're telling him he doesn't know how to properly throw a punch. In other words...untrained. Is there something inherent about different genders that they should use different bio-mechanics when throwing a strike? No? Well, then saying you are trying to dance like a girl can be seen just as silly.

Anyway, I know this thread was supposed to be all in fun. I doubt I'm going to convince anyone anyway so I encourage everyone to just have fun no matter what their definition of dancing is. Taking formal dance classes is really enjoyable and I hope that everyone gives it a shot sometime.
    Last edited by kayla_bayarea; 12-03-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Because it is fun! Just remember if G.. wanted you to boogie sitting down he would of put feet on your a.. just relax and enjoy.
    Last edited by Jackiefl; 12-03-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Sorry, try as you may, but you're not going to get me to say that men & women are exactly the same -- because they're not. In all kinds of ways, at that. Including dancing. Besides, if they were? This entire site wouldn't exist. (And logically speaking, that Yanis video also wouldn't have over 50 million views. )

I'm also not going to throw out thousands of years of dance history from across the world, passed down through the generations, where there is a clear & natural difference between men & women. I simply can't ignore reality in attempt to appease some sort of ideology.

Anyway, I will agree that this is a fun thread... As is dancing like a GG! Which I did again yesterday in the privacy of my own home, while all dolled-up, to some Russian club hits. I didn't understand a single word they sang, which was awesome since I could instead focus on the kick-ass music, the beautiful voice & melody, and the universal human emotion.

I had an absolutely wonderful time!

Banned Read only
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'll just say this.

Until you actually learn to dance you won't completely understand what I have been saying. Meaning, taking formal dance classes and sticking with it. This is because until you have studied dance you will continue to have a minimal understanding of what it is.

Take a solo dance class such as hip hop, modern/contemporary, or jazz. Then ask the teacher how to make the moves more feminine because you want to dance like or girl. Or better yet, tell them you want to dance the moves more masculine because you are a guy. The teacher might give you some advice that she/he just made up because they don't want to look rude and want you (and your money) to come back.
    However they will most likely think it's a weird question because it doesn't make sense.

Even in ballet, considered the height of femininity by many, the guys are doing the exact same movements as the girls in the beginning. The reason they separate in more advanced classes is because of partnering and pointe work. Which brings me to partner dancing.

I learn both follow and lead roles for every partner dance I study. Although I usually prefer doing the follower's role I learn to lead because I want to have a more complete understanding of the dance. Yes, for partnered dances the expectation is still that the follower is a women and the leader is a man. The movements they are doing are different because of the ROLES they are playing. A follower needs to be light and responsive because otherwise the leader will have difficulty leading the moves. The lead needs to be stable and give a solid frame/platform to the follower. Again, these are characteristics of the role, not the gender. When I have performed choreography it is true that I had to do "feminine" movements like hand styling, body rolls, hair flicks, etc. but that is because it was for stage and not social dancing. Besides, those are extraneous styling, not the actual dance.

Anyway, you are still trying to debate with me about solo, unstructured, casual solo dance. Not structured partner dancing or performing for an audience. This back and forth is going to be pointless because you are coming from a background of minimal exposure to dance. Citing "thousands of year of dance history" without having studied any of it makes for uninformed response.

I challenge you (and others) to take real dance classes and broaden your exposure to movement. You will broaden your knowledge and get some fun exercise at the same time.

Kayla, you are talking from a trained dancer's point of view about trained dancers and are applying it to everyone else without that training. We amateurs far outnumber you trained dancers. As I said earlier, I danced all through my high school years to rock and roll. For all of us untrained non-professionals of your caliber, there was, and still is, a great difference, except when one may encounter a very good male dancer. It is not so much about doing all the steps correctly, but, to me anyway, it is about the fluidity of the movements, and in my 72 years of bad experiences there is a definite difference between jerky male dancing and fluid sensual moves of a girl or woman.

I do not doubt that that a trained male dancer can dance as well as and as fluid as a female one. Also, when someone says dance like a woman, they are probably talking about what I said here. They may still be dancing badly, but the whole process, especially when dressed as a woman takes on a deeper meaning for many. It is in their own mind, and there is nothing wrong or incorrect about that.

Yahoo!, I am having fun.

My very first tme dancing was in the military, at a dance, I was super shy, but asked a woman to dance with me, at age 22. Did not dance again until late 20's at church dances, then joined singles dance clubs age 46, but have not danced with others since 2010, at age 56. Now, 65, no dancing for 9 yrs. I like much older, more melodic and slower, quieter music than is played now, in clubs.. I like 1930' through early 1980's music, and cannot stand most music since then, and cannot stand super loud, hearing damaging noise they call music today. Never danced dressed as a gal, in public . Just alone in my closet.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    When I get in from a night on the sauce with my Trans Group, the cat is the only other life form around, so she gets my dance show too. USB headset in and banging out vocal trance, kettle on for a cup of tea (I'm British, no apologies ) and a slice or two of toast. The down side is the amount of stagger that is involved in my early morning dance routines. I put in down to a touch of ankle weakness (alcoholic ankle weakness).

I've never had any problems hitting the dance floor in public, femme or guy mode, but age has reduced my male desire to do so. No logic in it really, but it is the fact.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk