Thread: Femme Slipping into the Rest of Your Life

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Femme Slipping into the Rest of Your Life

Hi everyone, been a long time since I've posted and want to thank Kaylin for sending me a message asking if everything is OK.

Everything is fine, but I'm working too much this Fall and in the last few weeks I've been putting significant time into fitness.

Yesterday I went on a mountain bike ride and on a whim wore a sports bra, first girly item, well other then the panties and socks that I wear everyday, that I've worn in awhile. A bit awkward at first but it wasn't long before I found it comfortable.

I hope the United States folks out there had a good Thanksgiving. I enjoyed a great meal at my Grandmothers. I had forgotten that it is tradition to take off your shoes when you enter her house and my purple/lavender stripped socks were a bit awkward. I was the butt of a few jokes from family, "All your socks dirty, had to borrow your wives?" but all in good nature fun.

When I started CDing I found that wearing brightly colored girls socks was something I could get away with in everyday life and over time I'm so used to it now that I don't even think about it.

It got me thinking about the first time a femme feeling sort of slipped through into my regular life. I'd always believed I was strictly a humiliation type sissy fetish cross dresser, and never considered feminine things in a serious way. It was 2015 I think and I decided to order some earbuds from Amazon. I was given the choice between black, lime green, cyan blue, and hot pink. I had never had a choice in this before besides black and white. I put the hot pinks one in the cart and nearly ordered them before i realized what I'd done. I realized I instinctively wanted the pink ones, I went with the bright blue which was a definitely not a manly color, and in all honesty no one gives a hoot what color my earbuds are.

Has cross dressing influenced your regular life like that in some interesting way?

I lives in Kazakhstan for a while, tradition over there is to remove your shoes before entering a house. I always wear knee highs or pantyhose, and most of the time have my toenails i some sort of pink. One day I totally forgot and was entering a friends house when I realized that I did not have extra socks with me and as my wife started to take her shoes off I was panicking. Mercifully the husband of our host came in and told us there was no need to remove our shoes! That was a very close call. Fortunately we do not do that in Mexico so Incan wear what I want every day without fear.
    I nevertheless carry always some no shows and n my computer bag just in case

Anna

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you are OK I kind of wondered where you had been.
    Life gets in the way sometimes.

I used to have some of the exact opposite Sarah. I was totally paranoid about anything that might give any hint of “femme”. The example that comes to mind... I bought a fitness tracker watch that came with a bunch of different coloured straps: I wouldn’t wear anything except the black or blue one, just being hyper careful too much colour might be a clue. Not even talking hot pink. I wouldn’t wear the yellow or orange ones either. Red or white maybe on a good day if I was feeling confident.

Thankfully I got over all that nonsense in the meantime

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I do a lot of scuba diving, and I have hot pink fins that I love. I am an assistant instructor, and the hot pink is really easy for a new student to spot. I also travel as often as I can, and my wife doesn't go on every trip. She said the pink fins are easy for her to spot on the resort web-cam when I'm exiting the water from a drop-off dive.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I grew up in a place where taking your shoes off when going indoors was the norm. In fact, I'm barefoot right now.

I buy a lot of stuff that is pink. For a while I'd wear a hot pink fleece jacket whenever I left the house.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 11-28-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks hon. So glad you are back I really missed ya. Glad things are going well. Funny, The sock thing has sort of made it's way into my routine too. Since all my chick gear is currently all in storage other than my makeup and socks. We are staying with a relative for a few months (which means no cding for me) , so we can get ahead a bit and everything rearranged and situated before this move happens, 2 hours away. I managed to keep my socks and some hose in my dresser lol so I been wearing them off and on day to day. I can't wait to get back to dressing and makeup days. I already miss it. But I missed you even more Sarah. I been quiet on here for awhile. So much is going on right now too. Hard to find time for anything. Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all you USA folks.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post

Has cross dressing influenced your regular life like that in some interesting way?
    Not one bit.
    Jon

Platinum Member
    Actually, it isn't having some femme garment on and forgotten. It's getting a comment about seemingly knowing too much about women's attire or making a compliment. I guess men are suppose to not notice and comment upon a well dressed woman clothes.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    I've started carrying my messenger bag everyday and using a woman's change purse wallet. The wallet now goes in the bag instead of my back pants pocket.

Good to see you Sarah!

Coworker did comment that I have nails any woman would kill for. Lol
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

I was talking to a gg at a trans event and she commented on how effeminate my mannerisms were. She said "you just look so natural" I loved that compliment. As a runner I frequently have women tell me they would die to have legs like mine.

Once one accepts all of this and does so frequently (however you define "frequently"), how can it not influence your life?

It changes the spectrum through which you view everything.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

In the past few months, I've been addressed as "ma'am" more often than "sir" at drive-up windows and the like. I've worn long colored hair, arched eyebrows and long nails for many years, but somehow I only seem to have "crossed the line" rather recently. I don't know for sure, but my more relaxed attitude since retiring at the end of summer might have something to do with it. Since this was happening anyway, I decided a few months ago to save myself the trouble of re-doing my nails every few days, and now wear red or pink polish most of the time, as well as earrings and heels when I can. I sense very little difference in the way people treat me, since many of them evidently thought I was female anyway.

- Diane

Is there some correlation between those who go out and the bleeding of femme things into our everyday as opposed to those who are more stay at home or is it the case that those who don't go out express themselves subconsciously in these acts of femininity.

Having said that I suspect it's more to do with each individua and their own aspirations.

Me? I have noticed femme mannerisms subtly creeping int the everyday.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The other day I noticed that I constantly sit with my legs crossed at the knee as if I'm wearing a skirt even when in drab.

Karen Sue

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Helping my wife with clothes/jewelry at times.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    Helping my wife with clothes/jewelry at times.
    Good to hear from all of you.

Allison, reminds me of another example. Wife wants to convert spare bedroom into a beauty room and I'm all in. I would have fought this tooth and nail 5 years ago.

I don't know if this counts, but I was shopping the other day in what I thought was drab and asked for the key the restroom. When I tried it in the men's it wouldn't turn, so tried the ladies where it did. I returned it to the 20ish checkout girl without comment and received none. My hair is in a pony tail and I had a fresh shave, but I thought I looked male.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Great to see you Sarah -

When the wife and I go shopping for clothes I linger for A LOT longer time in the women's section perusing absolutely everything LOL. All in the guise of helping her to find outfits. The other day she wanted to stop in The Loft and previously I probably would have went to another store and we would text to meet up but I happily followed her straight in and began looking for my size.

I also used to look at women from a strictly male point of view and still find women very attractive. Now I look at women to see the clothing, jewelry and accents, shoes, style, walk, mannerisms, hair styles and make up game. Very different mindset.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Silver Member
    I've migrated to women's clothes and now it is a forgone conclusion that if I'm looking for clothes we only have to go to the women's section of the store. Our women friends discuss shopping with the two of us.