Thread: Can't dress at work, but...

Can't dress at work, but...

I can not dress at work as the boss wants me to change my name on my license first! I am out to the staff and the boss via pictures! One staff member has actually seen Lana Mae outside of work!
    On Dec. 5, I have an appointment with my counselor at 3 P M and the staff Christmas party is the same day at 6 P M! I think Lana Mae is going to stand in for Harry! LOL What do you think?
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Go for it! That license thing is ridiculous. But the party is the perfect opportunity anyway because it places everybody outside of their normal context. The first time most of my work colleagues saw me dressed was at a funeral for a colleague?s mother. Like you they all knew and most had seen pictures so when I turned up it was just like oh right yes we?re not at work now so I guess

I don't understand the whole license thing. I transitioned at work, and have yet to have my name legally changed (financial issues at the moment). It still shows my legal name in the computer and on all paperwork, but they also have a letter from my psychologist on file. The only question from any of the management was what name I wanted on my new name tag.

On the license thing, I 'get it'. Your boss is probably jumpy about identity changes at for legal/insurance reasons. You're caring for the elderly and they probably already have a lot to deal with as far as state inspections, nervous family members and an incredibly litigious society. Over cautious, shouldn't be this way, but on that level, I 'get it'.

But go to that Christmas party!
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Eemz: Macey described why not at work without a license name change, please read her response! I discussed it with fellow employees and they said go for it!
    Mira: I understand the financial thing with the name change! Read Macey's response about the license thing!
    Macey: I am glad you get it and I also get it so am in a holding pattern at work! Co-workers that I discussed it with said go for it!
    Kim: As my appt with the counselor is at 3 and the party at 6, I will have plenty of time to discuss it with her! I think she will say go for it as well!
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Read only
    Lana Mae,
    Don't even hesitate , it's the ideal opportunity to test the water with your work colleagues . After the official name change it will be time to leave Harry in the closet , I've been surprised how quickly you become accepted , not only that but how quickly they forget what the man looked like .

Hi, Kim! Yes, I will get my counselor's opinion before going to the party! Non-alcohol type party-food and exchanging gifts at a restaurant! Either way, I will have fun!
    Life is worth living!

Platinum Member
    What does your North Carolina law state concerning the issue? I would recommend anyone contemplated any action which may lead to adverse consequences should check state and local law. In Washington State the law protects an individual on issues of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. In a state where an employee may be terminated without cause there is always financial peril. Of course, even within states lacking adequate protections there are companies with positive employment practices. As to the name change I do not know why your employer is taking that position. Washington State law allows a person to change his or her name as long as it is not for illegal purposes. You could be Lana Mae and still present as a male.

Stephanie: I am a nurse! Anything with my signature is a legal document! It could get sticky for the facility if they needed proof of who Lana Mae is! Besides even the Boss is calling me Lana Mae! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!