Thread: Crossdressing anime

Crossdressing anime

I just watched a cool crossdressing anime called "Princess, Princess". I also enjoyed Ranma 1/2 although it got stupider over time. Can anyone recommend any other CD anime that is worth watching? And if so, where can I find it?
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Google is your friend.
    Anime is cartoons with the creepy big eyes right?

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    I like Anime, but I'm not hardcore into it. I've never heard of Princess, Princess, but I'll see if I can find it somewhere to watch.

There's Gokudolls on netflix, which is about some mafia guys who screw up so the boss turns them into a J-pop girl band. Kind of funny at times but mostly stupid.

There's Ouran High School Host Club, about a girl who gets accidently mistaken for a guy at high school and involved in this goofy club of idiot popular guys, tried to watch it but mostly stupid.

There's KashiMashi, a boy encounters a alien ship and it turns him into a girl, and there's a love triangle, I tried to watch it but guess what, mostly stupid.

THere's, This is a Zombie? a boy, who is actually a zombie, accidently takes a "magical girls" powers and transforms into a very beautiful princess and fights evil with a chainsaw, This is bizarre, and mostly stupid, but the boy's magical princess transformations make it almost worth watching.

So yeah, I'm being kind of harsh, but here are some Anime's I loved.

Any of the Studio Ghibli, especially Kiki's Delivery Service

Cowboy Bebop, yeap just plain awesome.

Death Note, Amazing story

FUll Metal Alchimest, Kind of childish but I liked it

Steins Gate, One of my all time favorite series of anything, and as a bonus a character is a cross dresser.

Finally lets stop this madness with "The Melancholy of Huruhai Suzymai" In this amazing ball of insanity a time traveler, a sentianent AI, a minor God, have to keep High School studnet Suzymai from being bored and depressed or Reality will unravel. I seriously fell in love with this goofy show.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like kid cartoons but hey if you are into that stuff thats cool.

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Mostly they are geared towards kids, and teens, but Death Note, Steins Gate, Cowboy Bebop and Studio Ghibli animes are intended for more mature audiences and are as good as anything written in any media.

I haven't ever watched it, nor the prequels or the like, but there's one called Fate (Stay Night, Zero, Apocrypha and I don't remember what other seasons), no idea of what is it about, but there's as people say "best boi Astolfo".

Has anyone seen Princess Jellyfish, not sure if it worth getting or not, it would cost me.
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As I understand it, Anime r cartoons. And, Cosplay is live people portraying cartoon characters.

The latter I can do!
    P1320013 (587x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sarah's list is excellent.

The Steins;Gate series has a great trans/crossdressing character Ruka Urushibara although not a major character. You can find the set on amazon and this is some excellent anime as well.

Hana in Tokyo Godfathers is another good trans character and the story is good as well. On amazon prime video

Almost anything by studio Ghibli is excellent. Totoro is one of my all time favs.

Even though there are a lot of crossdressing/trans characters in anime much of the crossdressing/trans anime can be somewhat juvenile and/or the characters are used as props and treated poorly. Much like the reflection of the external world the attitudes are changing in anime as well but slowly.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Try sapphirefoxx.com done very nicely - comic book style. My favorite ……………………………..Debra

Quote Originally Posted by litangel View Post
    I just watched a cool crossdressing anime called "Princess, Princess". I also enjoyed Ranma 1/2 although it got stupider over time. Can anyone recommend any other CD anime that is worth watching? And if so, where can I find it?
    I have that anime! Pretty interesting to watch! I'm not sure, but I think they are wearing Gothic Lolita. Makes me wonder if they will continue to crossdress as their lives go on, or if they're simply doing it for the perks. 2 of the boys seem totally fine with it, while the one with red hair seems to complain about it, although he continues to do it. I actually found myself wishing I could take over as him, so I could dress up as a princess. And I would be different from him, meaning that unlike his constant complaints, I would embrace and love it.

I recommend Hayate the combat butler. There are quite a few episodes where the girls force him to dress up in girls' clothes for their own amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    FUll Metal Alchimest, Kind of childish but I liked it
    Childish?

"Nina and Alexander -- where are they?"
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

Why not and to each its own.....enjoy
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.