Thread: Impromptu Friendsgiving

Impromptu Friendsgiving

HUGE, HUGE step passed tonight!!!
    I had an impromptu Friendsgiving. I was dressed in hostESS mode (sans makeup; red fit & flare dress, cardigan shrug, black tights, ankle booties). I invited a few people, most passed since it was short notice. A GG coworker, who is in the know, came with her boyfriend (also former military, and is familiar with me in guy mode). I was nervous when I invited her since he might come. I wasn't sure how he would respond if he came with. She sounded like she was coming alone, but never confirmed whether or not he was coming with. She knocked on the door, I answered, and they were BOTH here! My heart JUMPED. He acted normal the whole time they were here.
    DEEP BREATH!
    I SURVIVED!
    I had 4 beers while they were here. I think that really helped.

I don't think it would have really mattered. I was already a sweaty mess from cooking as it was. He didn't really seem to care; normal conversations.

No risk, no reward. So happy you put yourself out there and a found so level of acceptance, especially in a person you least expected. A lesson for all of us.

Banned Read only
    Thanksgiving with friends is the best. Even better when they are good enough friends that you can be your true self around them.

Silver Member
    congratulations! you now have friends who know you as you are. I've been outed, caught, and discovered over many years. I have found that if they know you and are true friends your choice of dress is not that important.

good for you Jessica , you owned it!