This came out of a rather heated debate with a TG friend at a recent social meeting .

The first point that astounds me is people won't or can't accept I go out full time , this particular person argued it wasn't possible !!

She has an accepting wife who helps with her makeup and chooses her clothes , for her age she is perfectly passable BUT ! Everytime this subject comes up she tells me about a female neighbour who would take photographs and mouth it off to everyone about her weird neighbours . She also says she won't dress in front of her wife's family because they would act badly so she doesn't dress out of respect . I can't decide whether shes being respectful or using these reasons as an excuse .

I suggested her problem was not being full time , at this she told me it's impossible because people will be laughing and making fun behind our backs , I tried to convince it doesn't happen but she became more heated telling me I was talking BS ! I came away shaking my head , thinking we have a bigot in our own midst .

I could tell so many stories to prove her wrong but will just recall one from only yesterday ( Saturday ) . I'd run low on provisions and had to drop in at the supermarket to pick up some basics like bread and butter . The store was heaving the checkout lines all full , I watched a little girl unloading the trolley onto the conveyor while the mother chatted to another shopper in front of me . I smiled at the little girl and then said to the two ladies , " It's great to have a little helper , can I borrow her ?" I then asked if she'd brought her money with her , she didn't understand so the mother asked , " Are you paying ? the little girl replied , " No way , my mum always pays ! " and then gave her mum a hug . As they left the checkout they both gave me a smile and a wave and I continued a brief conversation with the lady in front of me .

It may be a simple story but it happens all the time , do I get strange looks , am I considered weird , do people steer round me or go to another checkout ?
No of course they don't .